Tuffers Update

Lindau

Tuffers has been knocked back by Bristol Rovers - http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/sport/Bristol-Rovers-search-keeper-ends/article-2394844-detail/article.html.

"Rovers have been linked with interest in Partick Thistle keeper Jonathan Tuffey, but the Evening Post understands the Northern Irish international is not the man they are poised to recruit."

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuffers has been knocked back by Bristol Rovers - http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/sport/Bristol-Rovers-search-keeper-ends/article-2394844-detail/article.html.

"Rovers have been linked with interest in Partick Thistle keeper Jonathan Tuffey, but the Evening Post understands the Northern Irish international is not the man they are poised to recruit."

Although it seems unlikely just now Im still hoping some Scottish club comes in for him at the last minute so we at least get some cash be it a Motherwell or Hearts or Hibs etc

:thumbsup2:

Wishful thinking on my part but I'd love to see Tuffey between the sticks for us next season.

I am not sure that it is wishful thinking anymore. It could explain why McCall has not signed Halliwell yet. Tuffey needs first-team football to compete for an international place.

Lets be honest he is struggling to get a gig elsewhere

The Spl

Rangers - only if they shift mcgregor/alexander

Celtic- No chance

ICT- Esson and the new signing

Aberdeen- Langfield no money to spend

Dundee UtD- Pernis dude

Hibs- 3 keepers

Killie- No cash

Hearts- Hes no lithuanian and they have about 5 keepers

Hmailton, Cerny guy unless he is sold

St Johnstone/St Mirren/motherwell - all possibility but who would pay a transfer fee?

Dont mean to bring this old dead wood up again but seen this Tuffey Update

Looks like Caley Thistle gave up on Tuffey because they couldn't agree a compensation package with us!

I thought it goes to a tribunal not between clubs to agree!

Only if the club sign a player without an agreement in place. They clearly didn't want to run the risk of incurring any money more than they were willing to offer.

Ryan Esson is the number one at ICT. Tuffey will warm the bench - not good for his international prospects.

From our point of view the most important thing for us is that we get some cash fo rhim. I thank Jonny for his services to us but it doesn't really interest me now whether he gets a first team game at ICT or not.

Interestingly enough the Daily Record seems to indicate that this is the third offer that ICT has put to us for Tuffey so Im presuming we knocked the first 2 back because they were to little :thinking:

Would be pleasantly surprised if we got much more than 20 grand to be honest and I presume most of this will go to reducing the debt anyway and maybe a small amount so allow us to sign Halliwell.

Lets be honest he is struggling to get a gig elsewhere

The Spl

Rangers - only if they shift mcgregor/alexander

Celtic- No chance

ICT- Esson and the new signing

Aberdeen- Langfield no money to spend

Dundee UtD- Pernis dude

Hibs- 3 keepers

Killie- No cash

Hearts- Hes no lithuanian and they have about 5 keepers

Hmailton, Cerny guy unless he is sold

St Johnstone/St Mirren/motherwell - all possibility but who would pay a transfer fee?

ICT on the bench for ye jonny boy

the article makes no reference to compo, we definitely entitled to it? i saw something about celtic waiting until after the world cup to sign ledley as they'd found the loophole that meant no comp.

The reason they waited until after the world cup was so that his contract would have run out. There is no compensation necessary for cross-border moves. There will be for us with Inverness, though it won't be very much and will depend on what terms we offered him when trying to convince him to stay.

Amazed that he's not got a better move than that but good luck to him and thankfully it gives us some dough, no matter how little it may be.

Be interesting to see how he gets on in the Golden Egg of Scottish Football and I wish him well personally but look forward to seeing Inverness flapping about at the bottom of the league.