Tell Me This Is A Wind Up

Julie Ann

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im bored oot ma tits reading this, gonnae someone turn it into a punfest

I don't think that will happen. Even the punsters know when it's important to keep abreast of the serious situation.

Don't Eigg him on :blink:

Edited by yoda-jag

As, I suspect, is the point of my and Julie Ann's posts.

It's not moaning for moaning's sake, it's going back to that consistency of message thing, you know? We're a family club, but we're quite happy to see our players boasting of neddish behaviour in the press. We're told we face a financial knock although it's nothing terminal and now we're rummaging around for old pants, placing ourselves at the level of nurseries and kids' clubs because we're stricken.

That's the issue Lenny. Hello! McFly! Do you get it now?

Or, maybe, just maybe a couple of you have completely over reacted.

We're in the news in relation to doing some charity work and maybe raising some funds for the club. Can think of at least one club in the last week who wish they had this as a story in the press and not the one they are getting.

Why should a professional football club not get involved in such a thing? Can't wait to see the comments of discontent on here, when the story comes out in the next 5 or 6 weeks that players representing PTFC were seen in Yorkhill sick childrens hospital handing out gifts to the weans!!

Oh how are we "fans" going to live with the shame of that!!

I just stepped into a parallel universe, logged into the Parallel Thistle forum and read this post:

Seriously! What is our club all about, we try to be a community Club, the way we should be, but those Rsoles in the Boardroom, it's their fault, i tell ye!

Rumour has it a charity, lets call them Rag Bag Sports contacted the Club, they basically collect unwanted clothing. If you (the club) agrees to be a pick up point, Rag Bags reward you with £400 for every tonne of clothing. Now lets face it, what are the chances of collecting that much, but that's not the point. The point is, Thistle turned them away, we said no, we don't want the fans to think of the Club as some Rag n Bone man, chapping your door for unwanted stuff and folk thinking we are the charity. So the Club turned this charity away. As if our fans would be so stupid to think that!

Seriously, it's times like these I get so enraged, following a Club that will not support a Charity like this. I remember the days we as Jags gave our Thistle tops to Charity for kids in Africa... That's where these clothes are going, so obviously the fans would be right behind it... But no, not our Club.

And then I came back on here.

Yeah.

What do the people who are criticising this think of the Irn Bru caps campaign last year and the year before? Those caps were just as useless to people, detritus of used items that were being collected (to be recycled?) and which gave us (and other clubs) cash. But when it comes to clothes, it's exactly the same principle: they will be recycled in one way or another (may of us might even be wiping our arses with clothes that we've put in the recycling bin), and are probably helping out people in underdeveloped countries. But now the money-making (and it's modest, let's face it) is to be sniffed at?

Sometimes Jags fans (myself included) make me wonder.

was that the league sponsors' competition that every club was taking part in? did we not get £10k for that? i think we should set up a car wash on maryhill road on a sunday and get half the players washing people's cars. the other half could be chapping on doors looking for odd jobs. i've got some ironing needing done. i reckon paul paton would do it for a 50p an item.

was that the league sponsors' competition that every club was taking part in? did we not get £10k for that? i think we should set up a car wash on maryhill road on a sunday and get half the players washing people's cars. the other half could be chapping on doors looking for odd jobs. i've got some ironing needing done. i reckon paul paton would do it for a 50p an item.

cant believe you are still trying to defend your position :blink:

ohh and if they did the car wash thing i would bring my car yo get washed so even more cash went to the club, you should e-mail that one to the club well done :rolleyes:

nearly forgot, for 50P an item i will do it :thumbsup2:

Edited by jaggybunnet

You've got ironing needing done ? What self respecting woman would ever admit to not having all the ironing done !! Your a disgrace.

Oh Dark passenger is going to have kittens over this one !!!

This thread is turning out funny!

:D

wish i could laugh at this thread.....in all honesty it really saddens me.

Seen a few threads on here that have questioned just how "wonderful" the support of ptfc is....been personally involved in one that really hit rock bottom.....this is up there with the worst of the lot.

Seen a few threads on here that have questioned just how "wonderful" the support of ptfc is....been personally involved in one that really hit rock bottom.....this is up there with the worst of the lot.

Think this is bad? Any thread about the future of Firhil lismore depressing!

Slight over reaction.