Tell Me This Is A Wind Up

Julie Ann

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 1: woosh

Number 2: what?

Whoosh - sorry that is totally lost on me.

Oh dear, it really is lost on you isn't it...........This story is over a week old......it's taken you , Julie ann etc, that long to start your thread complaining about it....just so it sinks in.....THE CLUB ANNOUNCED IT ON OUR OFFICIAL SITE PRIOR TO THE FALKIRK GAME !!!

Whoosh - sorry that is totally lost on me.

As, I suspect, is the point of my and Julie Ann's posts.

It's not moaning for moaning's sake, it's going back to that consistency of message thing, you know? We're a family club, but we're quite happy to see our players boasting of neddish behaviour in the press. We're told we face a financial knock although it's nothing terminal and now we're rummaging around for old pants, placing ourselves at the level of nurseries and kids' clubs because we're stricken.

That's the issue Lenny. Hello! McFly! Do you get it now?

Edited by Dark Passenger

Erm, yeah, and? I only saw it today. Calm yourself before you have a bloody heart attack.

considering I've a 3 year old son and his two nephews rapidly turning my living room into bomb site, while i'm trying to watch the football I'm remarkably calm.

Nervous breakdown maybe.....heart attack...no.

Confession time from me - my name is Martin and I am a terrible person. I try to get people to spend 50p on a matchday and only 25p of that goes to the club (what can you buy these days for 25p). I ask people to use a search engine that generates a mere 0.5p per search (they don't even make half pennies anymore). I encourage people to spend money online so that the club can get a small percentage of it.

What sort of person am I?

I will tell you - I am a very proud person; proud to be out there on matchdays with Ian, Donna, Andrew, Lynsey & Paul selling 50/50 tickets; proud to be part of a forum where the admin guys set up a cause with easyfundraising and I am not going to let anyone try and make me feel ashamed because I will be taking a bag of old clothes along on Saturday to help raise some extra funds for my club!

People that know me know that I am a fairly easy going type of person but I am really angry about this - the club should not be getting stick from its own fans about this.

Yeah.

What do the people who are criticising this think of the Irn Bru caps campaign last year and the year before? Those caps were just as useless to people, detritus of used items that were being collected (to be recycled?) and which gave us (and other clubs) cash. But when it comes to clothes, it's exactly the same principle: they will be recycled in one way or another (may of us might even be wiping our arses with clothes that we've put in the recycling bin), and are probably helping out people in underdeveloped countries. But now the money-making (and it's modest, let's face it) is to be sniffed at?

Sometimes Jags fans (myself included) make me wonder.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Yeah.

What do the people who are criticising this think of the Irn Bru caps campaign last year and the year before? Those caps were just as useless to people, detritus of used items that were being collected (to be recycled?) and which gave us (and other clubs) cash. But when it comes to clothes, it's exactly the same principle: they will be recycled in one way or another (may of us might even be wiping our arses with clothes that we've put in the recycling bin), and are probably helping out people in underdeveloped countries. But now the money-making (and it's modest, let's face it) is to be sniffed at?

Sometimes Jags fans (myself included) make me wonder.

well said................this time, if only you would see sense about independence :thumbsup2::P

As, I suspect, is the point of my and Julie Ann's posts.

It's not moaning for moaning's sake, it's going back to that consistency of message thing, you know? We're a family club, but we're quite happy to see our players boasting of neddish behaviour in the press. We're told we face a financial knock although it's nothing terminal and now we're rummaging around for old pants, placing ourselves at the level of nurseries and kids' clubs because we're stricken.

That's the issue Lenny. Hello! McFly! Do you get it now?

no still not relevant

and if you want to bring up consistency, before this post you said you were not slagging off the clothes thing but there you go again.

i am not saying that we have not got a money problem but mountains + molehills :rolleyes: especially about the paper bit