Tell Me This Is A Wind Up

Julie Ann

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant believe you are still trying to defend your position :blink:

ohh and if they did the car wash thing i would bring my car yo get washed so even more cash went to the club, you should e-mail that one to the club well done :rolleyes:

nearly forgot, for 50P an item i will do it :thumbsup2:

why? because i don't agree with your view? i'm not exactly the only person on this thread who disagrees with you. its ok for you to say i'm wrong but not for me to suggest something different from you?

Yeah, calmed down a bit now. I shouldn't have said it.

Funny you have a night like "WAS" and see everyone getting along and leave the night so proud you support PTFC. Then you read this thread and the only feeling you have is one of despair.

agree. a great night for everyone who was there and then to find that we've hit a level where we're collecting jumble to raise money brings on despair

why? because i don't agree with your view? i'm not exactly the only person on this thread who disagrees with you. its ok for you to say i'm wrong but not for me to suggest something different from you?

Yeah your right , your not the only one. There are a couple others who are with you.

Thankfully, the vast majority are not.

was that the league sponsors' competition that every club was taking part in? did we not get £10k for that? i think we should set up a car wash on maryhill road on a sunday and get half the players washing people's cars. the other half could be chapping on doors looking for odd jobs. i've got some ironing needing done. i reckon paul paton would do it for a 50p an item.

I really want to try and understand the negative reaction to this scheme - is it the fact that it is old clothes, etc or is it the amount of money that is on offer that is the issue?

Would you support it if it was old books getting £400 per tonne or if it was £1,000 for old clothes? I am genuinely interested as I don't think anyone on the forum has taken the position that the club should do nothing in terms of raising additional funds so if this scheme does not meet with your approval what would you suggest?

collecting old clothes is what boy scouts or boys brigade & other such voluntary organisations do to supplement their funds not a professional business.if this is the best the business men on our board can come up with god help us.we really are fckd.

charity approaches club... can we use firhill as a drop off centre for the local community, all clothes will go to african kids... club says yes...

charity says, nice one we'll give you a wee bit of cash for helping... club says cheers.... club puts post on official website...

2 weeks later as an intro paragraph and headline grabber to a story about last weeeks and this weeks games... local free rag (pardon the pun) grabs fans attention by over playing the "event".

2 or 3 fans start wetting their knickers...

Yup, bad Board of directors, what were you thinking!!!

Edited by potty trained

Julie Ann, quit while you're ahead sweetheart :thumbsup2:

Dark Passenger, or whatever you're calling yourself this week, this is simply a case of the club helping out a charity and getting some reward for it. Maybe the Glaswegian haven't given it quite the angle that we would have wanted, but you can't always control what the press write about you.

this forum has completely turned on its head these days. it used to be a place where the club's activities were scrutinised and challenged but now it seems to be full of happy clappers. fair enough. guys like red monkey, dave j and the like would have had a field day with something that contradicted something the chairman had said just weeks earlier and now sees the club collecting jumble to raise money. if this had been clyde collecting jumble can you imagine the slaughtering this forum would be giving them? well done to those who are going to take their old underpants and socks up to firhill. for the avoidance of doubt, does anyone know how much jumble is needed to make up a tonne? it is incredible and sad and telling that we've fallen so low that fans are applauding a jumble collection to raise £400. its also incredible that some can't see that.

What ever happened to that guy??? :lol:

collecting old clothes is what boy scouts or boys brigade & other such voluntary organisations do to supplement their funds not a professional business.if this is the best the business men on our board can come up with god help us.we really are fckd.

Have to agree with this.. it would appear we have sunk lower than a snakes baws

Or possibly the views of some of our fans have!

With all due respect its opinions like yours that make us out to be the charity case of scottish football.We should be promoting ourselves in a better way.

Just wait until Only an Excuse at new year they will rip the pish out us with our Steptoe and Son Antics!

Been staying out of all this but I got a couple of points.

Firstly the Club needn't be doing this. It should be the very sort of caper that a supporters association (Jags Trust or whoever) should be organising and getting involved in.

Desperation doesn't even begin to describe a professional football club trying to provide funding in this way.What next the Sally Army setting

up a soup kitchen to feed the players.fricking embarrassing.

and secondly some things said in jest and all that.

A year or so ago the Club stopped providing lunches for the players. Prior to that they were fed in the Aitken Suite on training days. Nowadays the players have to provide for themselves. Just my opinion but, especially when you take into account our Chairman's profession, that's a far more embarrassing situation than this rag collecting. Yet the no lunches thingy went more or less without remark.