Tell Me This Is A Wind Up

Julie Ann

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Club advertised this prior to the Falkirk game, it's old news.

Don't really see what the problem is. We help a charity and can earn some cash for the club.

Sweet Jesus, what a bunch of fckin knicker wetters we have as fans...

Did you's even read the article?

The Jags are asking all fans to fill bags with unwanted clothes, hats, bags, belts, curtains, towels and bed linen in support of a Rag Bag Sports Fundraising scheme.

The Club will receive £400 per tonne. PER TONNE!!!

By the way: The 'Rag Bag' recycling scheme has been developed to provide regular fundraising for schools, clubs, nurseries and various organisations UK Wide.

How's about congratulating The Club for assisting Rag Bag?

Come on lads, we can't have any of your "talking sense" on this forum. I expect better in future.

this forum has completely turned on its head these days. it used to be a place where the club's activities were scrutinised and challenged but now it seems to be full of happy clappers. fair enough. guys like red monkey, dave j and the like would have had a field day with something that contradicted something the chairman had said just weeks earlier and now sees the club collecting jumble to raise money. if this had been clyde collecting jumble can you imagine the slaughtering this forum would be giving them? well done to those who are going to take their old underpants and socks up to firhill. for the avoidance of doubt, does anyone know how much jumble is needed to make up a tonne? it is incredible and sad and telling that we've fallen so low that fans are applauding a jumble collection to raise £400. its also incredible that some can't see that.

this forum has completely turned on its head these days. it used to be a place where the club's activities were scrutinised and challenged but now it seems to be full of happy clappers. fair enough. guys like red monkey, dave j and the like would have had a field day with something that contradicted something the chairman had said just weeks earlier and now sees the club collecting jumble to raise money. if this had been clyde collecting jumble can you imagine the slaughtering this forum would be giving them? well done to those who are going to take their old underpants and socks up to firhill. for the avoidance of doubt, does anyone know how much jumble is needed to make up a tonne? it is incredible and sad and telling that we've fallen so low that fans are applauding a jumble collection to raise £400. its also incredible that some can't see that.

the club has for a while (before the warriors pullout) said it was looking for ways to increase there income they found a way and they are using it :rolleyes:

maybe we are in the shit (when are we not) but should that stop us raising money or do you want us to go under.

if you are worried because of this then e-mail the club to ask but dont try to demean the efforts to raise money please :thumbsup2:

The club put this on the official website last week and there was not a peep on the forum but when a journalist at the Glaswegian throws in a few cash strapped terms suddenly it is the end of the world!

This is the club doing something that helps them and a charity at the same time and I am perfectly sure that they would have been doing it even if the Warriors had announced an extension of their agreement with us. Does Jackie want to see the club have more money - of course he does just as every manager does!

I honestly thought the original post was a wind up but sadly it appears that some people only want to criticise :(

exactly what i thought tbh

who gives a shit if it gets money in, arab and a falkirk fan tried to rip me today about our finances i just asked them how there's was getting on...silence

we (scottish football) are all in the same boat and they would have done it before us if they had thought about it IMHO

Edited by jaggybunnet

:lol::whistling:

Edited to add: If we even got one tonne that is the equivalent of 23.5 full-paying punters through the door on a match day. Not much, but wouldn't knock those 23.5 punters back, would you?

Edited by Steven H

Confession time from me - my name is Martin and I am a terrible person. I try to get people to spend 50p on a matchday and only 25p of that goes to the club (what can you buy these days for 25p). I ask people to use a search engine that generates a mere 0.5p per search (they don't even make half pennies anymore). I encourage people to spend money online so that the club can get a small percentage of it.

What sort of person am I?

I will tell you - I am a very proud person; proud to be out there on matchdays with Ian, Donna, Andrew, Lynsey & Paul selling 50/50 tickets; proud to be part of a forum where the admin guys set up a cause with easyfundraising and I am not going to let anyone try and make me feel ashamed because I will be taking a bag of old clothes along on Saturday to help raise some extra funds for my club!

People that know me know that I am a fairly easy going type of person but I am really angry about this - the club should not be getting stick from its own fans about this.

Confession time from me - my name is Martin and I am a terrible person. I try to get people to spend 50p on a matchday and only 25p of that goes to the club (what can you buy these days for 25p). I ask people to use a search engine that generates a mere 0.5p per search (they don't even make half pennies anymore). I encourage people to spend money online so that the club can get a small percentage of it.

What sort of person am I?

I will tell you - I am a very proud person; proud to be out there on matchdays with Ian, Donna, Andrew, Lynsey & Paul selling 50/50 tickets; proud to be part of a forum where the admin guys set up a cause with easyfundraising and I am not going to let anyone try and make me feel ashamed because I will be taking a bag of old clothes along on Saturday to help raise some extra funds for my club!

People that know me know that I am a fairly easy going type of person but I am really angry about this - the club should not be getting stick from its own fans about this.

well said FT cant understand what the problem is....oh thats right there is not a problem just people who are too precious see that the money can help the club :mad2:

Guest fredthecheesecloth

can't put it better than potty trained or Martin.

I did a wee car boot sale personally recently, in these tough times its nice to get a bit extra in. every little helps. honestly, sometimes it is so disappointing supporting this club, some people are never happy.

I'm usually more polite but get a fecking grip!!!!

All you lot that are having such a go over this clearly don't follow the club news very closely. As I posted earlier, the club itself advertised it on the club official site prior to the Falkirk match. Where was all your "we're doomed", comments then......What is sad....indeed pathetic, is people like you who want to have such a go for the club being involved in some charity work and it could also bring in some cash to the club. I'd argue the charity work is the most important thing here. That should be applauded, not slated !!!!

That make me a "happy clapper" so be it.......better that that a hard arsed bitch !!!

All you lot that are having such a go over this clearly don't follow the club news very closely. As I posted earlier, the club itself advertised it on the club official site prior to the Falkirk match. Where was all your "we're doomed", comments then......What is sad....indeed pathetic, is people like you who want to have such a go for the club being involved in some charity work and it could also bring in some cash to the club. I'd argue the charity work is the most important thing here. That should be applauded, not slated !!!!

That make me a "happy clapper" so be it.......better that that a hard arsed bitch !!!

:thinking::yellow_card:

:rolleyes::no:

Edited by thistle4tw