Loans - Shaun Fraser And Keiran Burns

PaleGreySky

Has only made 3 appearances in his time a Stenhousemuir. Seems they don't rate him as his last game was on 1st October. Not holding out too much hope there, I'm afraid. Good to see KB get a hat-trick the other week, but don't see past Doolan, Elliot and Stewart for the rest of this season.

It's almost six weeks since any of them scored. Unless they start to do soon what strikers are paid to do, then I'd be for bringing in fresh faces.

Has only made 3 appearances in his time a Stenhousemuir. Seems they don't rate him as his last game was on 1st October. Not holding out too much hope there, I'm afraid. Good to see KB get a hat-trick the other week, but don't see past Doolan, Elliot and Stewart for the rest of this season.

Yeah I had noticed Shaun had not featured much for Stenny. Thought he looked great when he came on against Celtic in preseason but things don't seem to be progressing as I thought they might for him. Still has time though.

Wouldn't rule out KB featuring in second half of season.

It's almost six weeks since any of them scored. Unless they start to do soon what strikers are paid to do, then I'd be for bringing in fresh faces.

Agree with what your saying completely add in also the fact Stewart has only scored twice all season and one of them was against Stenhousemuir (Hint Tommy to get the shooting boots on for this saturday) In addition we would be in even more trouble if say Doolan or one of them gets injured

Burns is playing Junior football so his hat-trick has to be viewed in that context. It's disappointing that Fraser has not done well at Stenny. It's look like we need a new striker in January. If Doolan and/or Elliot were injured, we'd be stuffed.

Are we sure Fraser is fully fit, etc and that he has not played because he is not deemed good enough by their gaffer?

I thought the lad showed real promise and personally I wouldn’t have farmed him out on loan as I reckon getting 10-20 minutes off the bench regularly for us would have been more beneficial and I thought he merited that sort of game time.

How old is Burns now? I don’t think he is ever going to make it, looks like a lost little schoolboy most of the time and is simply too small to play football. I know Scotland gets slated for having that kind of attitude but he is tiny and you have to be really special to make it at that size, I’m not sure he is.

I think Jackie made an error with Fraser; maybe a third division club would have been better. Hopefully he will go out to another club in the window and fair better.

Thought that as well. Plus Stenny of all teams have built a team round experienced players. If Fraser wasn't getting a game down to other youngsters being preferred then it would be more revealing.

Not every loan deal works out as we of all fans should know only too well.

Are we sure Fraser is fully fit, etc and that he has not played because he is not deemed good enough by their gaffer?

I thought the lad showed real promise and personally I wouldn’t have farmed him out on loan as I reckon getting 10-20 minutes off the bench regularly for us would have been more beneficial and I thought he merited that sort of game time.

How old is Burns now? I don’t think he is ever going to make it, looks like a lost little schoolboy most of the time and is simply too small to play football. I know Scotland gets slated for having that kind of attitude but he is tiny and you have to be really special to make it at that size, I’m not sure he is.

I agree with you about Fraser; he seemed to do pretty well each time he came on as a sub last season. My eyesight is poor, but I don't recall Burns as being tiny. Anyway, there are plenty of good wee yins playing, though you can't have a full team of them, that's for sure.

When you think of the youngsters that have had some 1st team experience over the last season or two (Fraser, Burns, McBeth, Bannigan, Campbell...), who'd have expected that Ryan Scully now looked like the only one to really break through!

Young Fraser could start by cutting out the frequent visits to Sugarcube where he plays the footballer card. He hasn't made it yet.

Dark Passenger,you sound very bitter towards young Fraser,do you want kept in him at night,so you have more chance of pulling!!

Stevo's only other post on the forum:

Maybe if there was more over-enthusiastic players like Fraser we would be higher up the league.In regard to Fraser being offside,if the ball had been passed first time to him then he was clearly onside.Give the young boys more of a chance,then you will see the team winning.

Sound like Shaun's in a steady, loving relationship. Apologies for insinuating that he was out chasing tail instead of buckling down and concentrating on his football.

I recall Stevo got his knickers in a twist when I referred to Fraser as "over enthusiastic" after a Reserve match. Touchy.

Back to the present, I see no point whatsoever in Fraser being out on loan at Stenny when he isn't playing and often isn't even on the bench. One of the stipulations in any loan deal for our players should be that they are guaranteed playing time; otherwise, what is the point? If Stenny can't guarantee that, recall him and offer him to Third Division teams.

I think there is a bit of friction between Fraser and Jackie for some reason. Why? I do not know.

As for Burns, he's not good enough for us, unfortunately. Scoring goals for Clydebank against Marvin Andrews who couldn't bloody run 10 years ago with two good knees is one thing, and he might be a good finisher, but a strong wind will still blow him over. To be fair, he's filled out slightly but still gets brushed off the ball with ease.

As for other players I'd like to see out on loan would be Colin Stevenson and Jamie Campbell. I think Campbell can feel hard done by not to be featuring more often in the first team but a loan spell in the Second will do him good. Stevenson needs game-time at any level.

I recall Stevo got his knickers in a twist when I referred to Fraser as "over enthusiastic" after a Reserve match. Touchy.

Back to the present, I see no point whatsoever in Fraser being out on loan at Stenny when he isn't playing and often isn't even on the bench. One of the stipulations in any loan deal for our players should be that they are guaranteed playing time; otherwise, what is the point? If Stenny can't guarantee that, recall him and offer him to Third Division teams.

I think there is a bit of friction between Fraser and Jackie for some reason. Why? I do not know.

As for Burns, he's not good enough for us, unfortunately. Scoring goals for Clydebank against Marvin Andrews who couldn't bloody run 10 years ago with two good knees is one thing, and he might be a good finisher, but a strong wind will still blow him over. To be fair, he's filled out slightly but still gets brushed off the ball with ease.

As for other players I'd like to see out on loan would be Colin Stevenson and Jamie Campbell. I think Campbell can feel hard done by not to be featuring more often in the first team but a loan spell in the Second will do him good. Stevenson needs game-time at any level.

Shaun Fraser has left Stenny tonight and returned to thistle.Not able to play till january so is treating it like a pre season.

Thats good news ,i would like to see young Fraser get a chance, i still think he is a good prospect,even although he did'nt appear to get many opportunities at Stenny

I've said it before, I don't think Fraser's lifestyle was helping his case. He may not have had much game time at Stenny, but I saw him there and he looks to have shed the beef. Hopefully acted as a reminder that he hasn't made it yet.

Have to admit I thought at the Celtic pre season game he looked heavy. He still looked very good during his time on the park and I had hoped we'd have seen a bit more of him. If he has shed the pounds, that can only be a good thing.

The Stenny loan has not worked in the slightest but I ain't gona write the lad off. Needs to get his head down and prove he has a future at the club.