Before And After Videos

Big Dave

If the boy/girl or any other children were in the vicinity, of the incident shown in the after match video and had not started making their way to the exits then you would assume their father/mother/guardian were beside them.

From this you could conclude that they take their children to the football knowing and understanding that there will be bad language and don't see it as a big an issue as others who take their children to the football.

Maybe the guardian of the child in the video wanted to vent their frustrations after, arguably one of the worst performances and results in recent times. Maybe they swore, maybe they didn't.

Probably no point in bringing this up as it would just be twisted and another set of fans looked down upon by some who didn't make the game. Worth a thought though.

Edited by broomhill jag

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it down.

Put it up.

I'd like to see it!

But I see that some of those who have seen it have decided that they know what's best for me and everybody else.

Admin, I think this entire thread should be deleted, as it shows the club and its fans in a bad light.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Put it up.

I'd like to see it!

But I see that some of those who have seen it have decided that they know what's best for me and everybody else.

Admin, I think this entire thread should be deleted, as it shows the club and its fans in a bad light.

The user who posted it has also removed the video from youtube, so perhaps he himself decided it was best. I think the worst is over so no need to delete the thread.

He's unlikely to have removed it if all the folk who commented had said it was brilliant, so I think it's clear where the impetus came from.

It was heat of the moment stuff Jaggernaunt after one of the worst Thistle performances I can remember, especially considering the circumstances, opposition and our pish away form.

What has been said in the video has already been mentioned in other threads. Nobody who hasn't seen the video isn't missing out on anything here.

One more thing, the poster on here who uploaded the video had the choice to keep it up or take it down. It was his decision. Nobody is trying to speak on the behalf of others fans. Myself and a couple of others gave the OP their view on the video on the forum and that's it.

It was heat of the moment stuff Jaggernaunt after one of the worst Thistle performances I can remember, especially considering the circumstances, opposition and our pish away form.

What has been said in the video has already been mentioned in other threads. Nobody who hasn't seen the video isn't missing out on anything here.

One more thing, the poster on here who uploaded the video had the choice to keep it up or take it down. It was his decision. Nobody is trying to speak on the behalf of others fans. Myself and a couple of others gave the OP their view on the video on the forum and that's it.

You're probably right.

I've never seen a single episode of the Simpsons, and I suppose I'm doing fine.

Can't you see the difference between what kids hear on the playground and the sight of grown men screaming abuse at players from the distance of a few feet away?

Explain to me what the difference is? Apart from the age of the people involved.

Are you trying to say that it's never happened before?

If people don't want their kids to hear grown men shouting and swearing then they quite simply shouldn't take them to the football, especially away games. Parents who try to pull the wool over their kids eyes and mollycoddle them till they're 21 do not live in the real world and their kids certainly won't thank them for that kind of upbringing.

Explain to me what the difference is? Apart from the age of the people involved.

If people don't want their kids to hear grown men shouting and swearing then they quite simply shouldn't take them to the football, especially away games. Parents who try to pull the wool over their kids eyes and mollycoddle them till they're 21 do not live in the real world and their kids certainly won't thank them for that kind of upbringing.

Aw stop making excuses Ian. Leaving the kids aside, the video in question was an embarrassment as far as Im concerned. Being angry and disappointed about the result is one thing, but the fans who partook in that abuse directed at our players (many of whom are still very young themselves) do need to take a long hard look at themselves. For the record, so do the players...but for very different reasons. If one of the players reacted to the abuse, do you think it would have been ok?

Aw stop making excuses Ian. Leaving the kids aside, the video in question was an embarrassment as far as Im concerned. Being angry and disappointed about the result is one thing, but the fans who partook in that abuse directed at our players (many of whom are still very young themselves) do need to take a long hard look at themselves. For the record, so do the players...but for very different reasons. If one of the players reacted to the abuse, do you think it would have been ok?

I'd be asking why they didn't show the same passion in the 90 minutes before hand and it took someone having a go at them to get fired up.

The whole it was a disgrace stuff is great, everything that was said was 100% truthful. If you want me to talk about real disgraces from Thistle fans, Hinchy get spat on was disgraceful, that on Saturday was them getting their just desserts.

If we were mince punters used to head round to the Corner with 20 mins to go so they could get a good spot to hurl abuse as the players walked towards the tunnel ,they were only about 10 ft away from the players and the shouts were not for the fainthearted -remember Gerry Britton telling me the players all used to try and hide behind each other as they walked towards the tunnel and try not to make eye contact with the fans -the walk of death he used to call it.

If it had been me I would have outplayed Messi rather than face it.

People have selective memories regards the Lambie Years.

It used to remind me of the Stoning sequence from Life of Brian.

In fact I have just thought of a fund raising idea for the Club :lol:

Exactly.

I used to make sure I was there in plenty time to abuse the ref :lol:

Football is a passionate game. Take away the passion and we'd all be as well going to Scotstoun next season to watch the chasers of the egg.

I'm so glad I wasn't at Culter as I've not calmed down yet. We better give them a good hammering on Sat to make up for it.

I would have actually been pleased to see some sort of reaction from the players, at least it would show they actually cared.

I remember Tuffey reacting to some abuse a few years back after we had blown a game at Ross County. I always liked him after that because it showed that he was hurting as much as the fans were.

I'm not making any excuses Steven, all I'm saying is that I don't think any of the comments made in the video cross the line. None of it is personal and to be honest I was expecting to hear some shouts of "scum" etc. which WOULD have been out of order.

From what I heard, the shouts consisted of stuff like "absolute embarrassment" "f*cking disgraceful" - you can hear someone shouting "what was that about Archie?" - that's as personal as it gets.

Now, considering the shameful performance they had just witnessed, tell me which of the above comments are out of order?

Well, the ages involved is quite a big difference I would say. Kids look at adults and often take their example of how to behave. No-one who takes their kids to a football match is naive enough to think they will never hear any bad language, but there is a big difference between the occasional frustrated expletive and what we saw in that video, and I think you probably know that.

One the one hand many people think that it's alright for a manager to scream profanities at the players and hurl insults at them, either from the dug-out or in the dressing room. It's called motivational lifting, or something like that, and I'd guess that just about all of the great managers have done it. On the other hand, some people consider it unacceptable for supporters who have spent a lot of money and who feel cheated by players' lack of effort and motivation to show the same kind of reaction as the manager.

Why is that?

I would have actually been pleased to see some sort of reaction from the players, at least it would show they actually cared.

I remember Tuffey reacting to some abuse a few years back after we had blown a game at Ross County. I always liked him after that because it showed that he was hurting as much as the fans were.

I'm not making any excuses Steven, all I'm saying is that I don't think any of the comments made in the video cross the line. None of it is personal and to be honest I was expecting to hear some shouts of "scum" etc. which WOULD have been out of order.

From what I heard, the shouts consisted of stuff like "absolute embarrassment" "f*cking disgraceful" - you can hear someone shouting "what was that about Archie?" - that's as personal as it gets.

Now, considering the shameful performance they had just witnessed, tell me which of the above comments are out of order?

At the risk of sounding like my wife, it's not really what was said but more how it was said. It was the venom that came with these words that I have an issue with, and the look on Aaron Sinclairs face...but hey, they're footballers who had a very poor game so they should take it on the chin and get on with trying to do their best for the Club right? Not sure it would inspire me much. I remember the days when fans would wait at the tunnel to give players pelters after bad games, didn't like it then either and would often take the back way out behind the terracing.

Well, the ages involved is quite a big difference I would say. Kids look at adults and often take their example of how to behave. No-one who takes their kids to a football match is naive enough to think they will never hear any bad language, but there is a big difference between the occasional frustrated expletive and what we saw in that video, and I think you probably know that.

My first jags game was in 92/93 against Celtic, I was standing in the city end with my dad and it was just after McAvennie had signed for Celtic after promising to join Thistle. I was 7 or 8 years old.

Now, as you can imagine, the abuse dished out to Frankie boy that day far out-weighed ANYTHING said in that video from Saturday. But as much as my dad didn't approve, he didn't instantly grab me and rush out the ground. He simply sat me down when we got home and explained why the men were shouting and why the language was unacceptable.

One the one hand many people think that it's alright for a manager to scream profanities at the players and hurl insults at them, either from the dug-out or in the dressing room. It's called motivational lifting, or something like that, and I'd guess that just about all of the great managers have done it. On the other hand, some people consider it unacceptable for supporters who have spent a lot of money and who feel cheated by players' lack of effort and motivation to show the same kind of reaction as the manager.

Why is that?

Some people are too focused on being the players pals.