Conrad Balatoni

MWM

What a useless ****. Loves to give it the big 'un on Twitter with his little clique get him to ****.

Give us a break, just a whipping boy alongside Paul Paton.

Be honest we should win a game like that by five, and fully expect we will do so in the replay.

However Balatoni did not cost us the game today, that required a collective team effort, still always easy to make someone the scapegoat.

I wonder if fans can ever have a bad game, see it wrong, blame the wrong players. Or are fans always right?

Ah yes, cause theres excuses for not putting away that pile of shite.

Airdrie 11-0 Gala Fairydean

Irvine 0-6 Livingston

Bo'Ness 0-3 Cowdenbeath

But yeah, by all means defend the result.

Did I defend the result... eh no... I said it was a collective failure, not an excuse to single out one player.

Edited by Jagsfan58

Hes been playing consistently shite all season. Today summed him.

He played alright last week and the week before he was generally accepted to be our best player. Today goal aside, where he was undoubtedly at fault, I don't recall him doing anything that bad.

He is after all possibly only third choice to play in that position behind Kinniburgh and Robertson. I haven't seen enough of Sekhon but going on his game at Dumbarton I very much doubt if he's up to first team football.

Don't mean to come across as an apologist for Balatoni but he's been playing in a position that due to a couple of injuries has had little or no competition for place.

Anyway I can't really see when Kinniburgh is fit again with Robertson and maybe O'Donnell as cover why we'll need Balatoni past January.

Hes been playing consistently shite all season. Today summed him.

You clearly havent been to all the games this season he has been MOM or close to it on a few occasions and how can you lay the blame solely on him he was on the park for 30 mins the other numpties had an extra 60 mins and did the square root of feck all

What a useless ****. Loves to give it the big 'un on Twitter with his little clique get him to ****.

He had a bad game today and I'm sure he knows that. Having read his Twitter posts he seems like a normal, young guy who is enjoying being at Thistle. Not quite sure where you're getting the fuel for your wee vitriolic fire from.

Edited by 1971

Losing a goal from outfield is always collective - dependent on more than one mistake. Balatoni lost his footing, as he had done several times before - perhaps food for thought in the dugout about what boots he was or should have been wearing? Before even blaming Balatoni for a lost goal, it's worth remembering who gave away possession in the first place: Cairney, the darling of some posters on here. It's a team game, and blaming one player is unfair; when that player is on for less than half the game, it's just plain silly.

Balatoni is woeful. His best performances are described as 'he did ok' which ultimately means that he didn't make the usual arse of himself.

We need Kinniburgh back so this guy can GTF back to Hearts as soon as possible.

On another note, his pal Elliot is also piss poor, and going from his tweets he's just here for a laugh.

Lets cut Balatoni some slack...He had a poor 30 minutes or so at the weekend....But did Robertson do much better when he came on? I didn't see him win one header and he looked extremely stiff. Archi will never take more than one touch and will only launch the ball the way he is facing. The reason CB takes so much stick is attributable to the fact that he doesn't hide on the pitch, he tries to bring the ball down and make a pass or 2.....which can lead to him giving a few fans a heart attack but its more entertaining than the mindless "hit it as hard as you can" stuff we see from some of the other centre backs.

Do I think he is a great Centre Half? No, he does not dominate in the air as a centre half should but does he deserve the flack that was thrown his way on Saturday and on this forum - No! He is a young lad that is learning the game and trying to play the way it should be played.

If you want to single out players for criticism from the weekend - what about Rowser? Where was he? He is an experienced centre midfielder that has played at the highest level. He should have single handedly been able to rally the team into action. Even if he is not a "shouter" he could have led by example and driven the team with some surging runs, a few long range efforts. Instead I forgot he was even playing......reduced to giving away petty free kicks and getting the ball stuck under his feet frequently. This is a common theme with his performances of late and I struggle to see what he brings to the team. With both him and Hutton in the centre of midfield on a normal basis we are far too immobile and one paced!

Ah yes, cause theres excuses for not putting away that pile of shite.

Airdrie 11-0 Gala Fairydean

Irvine 0-6 Livingston

Bo'Ness 0-3 Cowdenbeath

But yeah, by all means defend the result.

Those results did not help our cause at the weekend, there is no denying that. Thing is football has always thrown up the odd shock result over the years. It's not nice to be on the end of one but there have been plenty over the years. We have only recently celebrated the 40th anniversary of our own.

Down south there are"giant killings" almost every year in the FA Cup. A good few of those "giant killings" have involved non league teams beating premier league sides over the years.

As i say, saturday was not a good day for us, not a proud day in the slightest, but we live to fight another day. The players must put this right on Saturday, no excuses.

If you want to single out players for criticism from the weekend - what about Rowser? Where was he? He is an experienced centre midfielder that has played at the highest level. He should have single handedly been able to rally the team into action. Even if he is not a "shouter" he could have led by example and driven the team with some surging runs, a few long range efforts. Instead I forgot he was even playing......reduced to giving away petty free kicks and getting the ball stuck under his feet frequently. This is a common theme with his performances of late and I struggle to see what he brings to the team. With both him and Hutton in the centre of midfield on a normal basis we are far too immobile and one paced!

wasn't at culter but if rowser is the worst of our problems then we're in good nick. he covers every inch of grass, and is the fittest player in our squad by a country mile despite being older than everyone else in it. I'm not sayin he's the complete midfielder, his passing could be better, could chip in with a few goals from time to time although this season i think he's got 2-3 which for him is quite good! lose count of the number of times in the 93rd minute you still see Rowson bursting a gut into either box, gives his all, which you can't say for many of our players this season, geniunely only Cairney I think can be happy with his season thus far. Everything else has been average to poor.

Rowson was really bad at Culter. He should have been able to dominate the game with his athleticism, but was completely unnoticeable.

It's well night impossible to fault Rowser's effort and work rate. But he's not really the dynamic, chance-creating midfielder that the team seems to be crying out for. Cairney's having to do most of that role on his own.

What a lot of rubbish Is posted on this forum. In the league only Ross County have lost fewer goals. We have never lost more than 2 goals.

Balatoni has been shaky at times but not the total disaster some people are making out.

Why are people blaming defenders when our form slip is due to the strikers stopping scoring?

What a lot of rubbish Is posted on this forum. In the league only Ross County have lost fewer goals. We have never lost more than 2 goals.

Balatoni has been shaky at times but not the total disaster some people are making out.

Why are people blaming defenders when our form slip is due to the strikers stopping scoring?

That is indeed our major problem. But I'd add that not enough good chances are being created for them, so at least part of the blame should be aimed at the midfield.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Opinions Alan, not rubbish. How about we address your weekly 'team' thread where you regularly move players way out of position. I would never call it rubbish or dismiss it, although I do find it mildly amusing.

Balatoni is a clown, and particulary against weak opposition (berwick/couter) gets found out.

Opinions Alan, not rubbish. How about we address your weekly 'team' thread where you regularly move players way out of position. I would never call it rubbish or dismiss it, although I do find it mildly amusing.

Balatoni is a clown, and particulary against weak opposition (berwick/couter) gets found out.

So if Balatoni is a clown why have we not lost more goals in the league?

What players do I regularly move out of position?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

So if Balatoni is a clown why have we not lost more goals in the league?

What players do I regularly move out of position?

Last weeks example was moving Cairney inside for no apparent reason to put bannigan on the left.

Luck/bad finishing/scott fox being good at the start of the season/the other defenders bailing him out (weak argument as all our defenders are pap)/ryan scully.

Last weeks example was moving Cairney inside for no apparent reason to put bannigan on the left.

Luck/bad finishing/scott fox being good at the start of the season/the other defenders bailing him out (weak argument as all our defenders are pap)/ryan scully.

Both Cairney and brannigan have played in these positions before.

I can’t see the point you are trying to make in your last sentence.

:) :) :) :)

Ach get off the boy's back! At 20 he is just a boy and still learning. He has probably due to injuries to WK and

SR had to play more than perhaps the manager would have wanted

Compared to other loan signings we have had he has a good attitude and decent abilty, confidence seems a bit low at times and needs yet to be more decisive but had he not basically "slipped " for the goal (watch the highlights if you were not there on Sat)doubt if this thread would have been started.

Plenty other guys let the team down on Saturday but to pick almost solely on a 20 year old boy is not right.

Hope he gets a chance along with the others to redeem himself! :)