After Match Reaction... (Or Lack Of...)

P-T-118

What has happened to the after match reaction that used to be on the official website ??

Last year it would be on the web a couple of hours after the game, this year it has slipped into the Sunday morning - but we are still waiting on last weeks (after the Ross County game) and still nothing following yesterday's disaster...

Are we only going to get a reaction when it suits....

What has happened to the after match reaction that used to be on the official website ??

Last year it would be on the web a couple of hours after the game, this year it has slipped into the Sunday morning - but we are still waiting on last weeks (after the Ross County game) and still nothing following yesterday's disaster...

This point has been discussed on other threads but yes they appear to have discarded it at the moment

No.

I've taken to doing them on a Sunday when everyone has had a chance to reflect on the previous day's events. I find that you tend to get a more balanced response then rather than just a few minutes after the game when emotions can still be high.

There was nothing last week as I had family commitments over the weekend. That's the only occasion that I can recall in recent years when there hasn't been an 'After Match Reaction'.

Anyway, I've spoken to Jackie within the last hour and his thoughts are on the website now.

Edited by Tom Hosie

Jackie seems to be saying most of the right things (at least in the media), but it isn't coming off on the pitch at all.

Following yesterday's match, if you were in his position what would you do this week?

Some have said the team should be in for a double-session today, obviously from Jackie's comments that isn't the case. Leaving the players to dwell on their performances could have positive or negative effects, so I'd watch the video of the match tonight and do a detailed analysis of what went right and what went wrong and go through it in excruciating detail with the players in an afternoon session following a very tough Monday morning training session. Having not been at the game I can't go into any more detail than that, but I imagine the forward players need to work on creating space against tight defensive lines (something Dargo is supposed to be good at).

First off all thanks to Tom for doing all the work he gets through on line and in the programme, if our team showed the same commitment we would not need a replay and also be higher up the league.I do not think that the manager sounds angry enough in his after match reaction, i am hoping that he is being restrained with the media but been totally diffirent wth the players behind the dressing room door.I would have had them in today.I know Jackie is at a coaching coarse but we must have others who could take training.Iwould also have them doing double training sessions for the rest of the week at least.

First off all thanks to Tom for doing all the work he gets through on line and in the programme, if our team showed the same commitment we would not need a replay and also be higher up the league.I do not think that the manager sounds angry enough in his after match reaction, i am hoping that he is being restrained with the media but been totally diffirent wth the players behind the dressing room door.I would have had them in today.I know Jackie is at a coaching coarse but we must have others who could take training.Iwould also have them doing double training sessions for the rest of the week at least.

Why? i think that the crowd and manner of the the loss will do more than any double session, the problem is on the Pitch as they seem to do all the right stuff in training, thats for the players (with the coaches help) to sort out.

No.

I've taken to doing them on a Sunday when everyone has had a chance to reflect on the previous day's events. I find that you tend to get a more balanced response then rather than just a few minutes after the game when emotions can still be high.

There was nothing last week as I had family commitments over the weekend. That's the only occasion that I can recall in recent years when there hasn't been an 'After Match Reaction'.

Anyway, I've spoken to Jackie within the last hour and his thoughts are on the website now.

Besides, a sensible messenger doesn't like being shot at. :blush:

Why? i think that the crowd and manner of the the loss will do more than any double session, the problem is on the Pitch as they seem to do all the right stuff in training, thats for the players (with the coaches help) to sort out.

I remember a number of years ago St.Johnstone were doing badly and Sturrock got his team in for extra traning for a number of weeks and the results improved.I am not saying it always works but is worth a try imo.If we are doing so well in training some extra sessions wont do any harm.I just hope all the Thistle players and manager realise that this result is just not dissapointing but very embarrising for our club.

McNamara getting out the clichéd book of excuses there.

This quote and in particular the work disappointment here is just pathetic-

I said to them after the game yesterday that I hoped that they felt the same sense of bitter disappointment as I did, and that they should remember that feeling. The fact that we drew yesterday does give them the opportunity to go some way to making amends in the replay. We will work hard at building everyone back up when we get back to training on Monday ahead of the replay where the mentality has to be right.

He's too easy going to be a manager. Maybe if he got angry at performances like this the players wouldn't be drawing ***** on cars and tweeting about pulling burds.

McNamara getting out the clichéd book of excuses there.

This quote and in particular the work disappointment here is just pathetic-

I said to them after the game yesterday that I hoped that they felt the same sense of bitter disappointment as I did, and that they should remember that feeling. The fact that we drew yesterday does give them the opportunity to go some way to making amends in the replay. We will work hard at building everyone back up when we get back to training on Monday ahead of the replay where the mentality has to be right.

He's too easy going to be a manager. Maybe if he got angry at performances like this the players wouldn't be drawing ***** on cars and tweeting about pulling burds.

Yeah, because McNamara was really going to be quoted on the official site saying "I gave that wee scrote Paton the hairdryer treatment before subjecting him to a Palestinian hanging, told Doolan to get his ****ing act together and took a dump in Stewart's water bottle. They're total ******s and they're all getting punted in January" wasn't he?

If you really think that, judging by that comment, McNamara just went into the dressing room and mumbled like a P2 supply teacher "I'm very disappointed in you. Go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done" then you're the naive one here, not him.

I strongly suspect the reality is that, having had nearly 24 hours to reflect on the game, McNamara gave a significantly censored version of the immediate post-match team talk, so as to be sufficient to articulate his disappointment but not so verbatim as to give the players a second and very public kicking when he needs them fired up for Saturday.

So basically nobody knows how he handled it behind closed doors, but you're willing to speculate and then praise/condemn him based on your own fantasies. OK, gotcha.

Not at all. I'm not "praising" anything. That's the difference. I'm merely speculating as to what is more plausible. That anyone thinks they're in a position to condemn when they don't know what actually happened in the dressing room is, however, massively disingenuous.

no apology to Tom then? dont rush to admit you were wrong Please <_<

no apology to Tom then? dont rush to admit you were wrong Please <_<

unless you've lost your marbles, you'll realise this post was not having a go at Tom Hosie - the work he does for the club is unquestionable...

it was directed at Jackie Mac not letting the fans know his feelings after a dismal and lack luster performance against Ross County and it appeared he was hiding again this week up until Tom posted...

Again, the work Tom Hosie does for the club is unquestionable...

unless you've lost your marbles, you'll realise this post was not having a go at Tom Hosie - the work he does for the club is unquestionable...

it was directed at Jackie Mac not letting the fans know his feelings after a dismal and lack luster performance against Ross County and it appeared he was hiding again this week up until Tom posted...

Again, the work Tom Hosie does for the club is unquestionable...

ok then an apology to Jackie for you being wrong then :thumbsup2:

oh and at no time do you mention Jackie in your OP just the site so it must be your marbles ;)

Edited by jaggybunnet

Yeah, because McNamara was really going to be quoted on the official site saying "I gave that wee scrote Paton the hairdryer treatment before subjecting him to a Palestinian hanging, told Doolan to get his ****ing act together and took a dump in Stewart's water bottle. They're total ******s and they're all getting punted in January" wasn't he?

If you really think that, judging by that comment, McNamara just went into the dressing room and mumbled like a P2 supply teacher "I'm very disappointed in you. Go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done" then you're the naive one here, not him.

I strongly suspect the reality is that, having had nearly 24 hours to reflect on the game, McNamara gave a significantly censored version of the immediate post-match team talk, so as to be sufficient to articulate his disappointment but not so verbatim as to give the players a second and very public kicking when he needs them fired up for Saturday.

I don't think he should criticise the players publicly but maybe if he'd have done the highlighted before the game Thistle might not have suffered their worse result in history.