E-Mail From Ptfc

Butters

and to add to Dark Passenger's answer to make it £20 at Firhill you would need to bring along 4 kids otherwise it's not better value for money. Considering some would find it difficult enough to find 2 kids to bring along to save money, finding 4 willing to come along is an even harder task.

2 adults and 2 kids at Ibrox - £20

2 adults and 2 kids at Firhill - £27

How much for 2 adults and 4 children at Ibrox? When these offers are made there are always going to be comparisons with others that can be described as both better and worse.

The club obviously want to encourage large numbers of children through the doors. This should almost certainly increase the number of children at that game, and if all are seated in the kids section they might really enjoy the atmosphere enough to pester their parents/uncles/aunts/whoever to take them again. Kids for free might be going stale and this will be a good way to help.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only implication on this thread was that those with kids would spend more than the punter who turns up on his own and pays £17 as quoted below.

Those bringing kids to the game already benefit from the club more than any other group of people due to the kids go free scheme but yet again it's those with kids who benefit from the incentives to try and get more people through the door. It's not only those with kids who are either priced out of going to the game or choose to spend money elsewhere but unless you want to fork out a little less for hospitality than usual for a game that the club has decided the hospitality has no chance of selling out for then you've got no chance of getting any sort of decent promotion like parents do. It's fair enough having someone with kids getting in for £17 just like any other person going but to make it cheaper and not do any sort of incentive for those who don't bring kids to games is a bit of a joke.

The wording of the advert regarding other Glasgow clubs is embarrassing as well considering it comes directly from the club and comes on the same weekend that Rangers are offering 2 adult and 2 kids tickets for £20, a deal which offers better value for money than this one does.

Ach dry your eyes, the club did not need to do anything, they already offer decent value against other grounds and they are only trying to get more bums on seats in the lead up to Xmas. An expensive time for every household!

They should be backed to the hilt on this - bring a mate along or work colleague with kids if its really such an issue! :)

Ach dry your eyes, the club did not need to do anything, they already offer decent value against other grounds and they are only trying to get more bums on seats in the lead up to Xmas. An expensive time for every household!

They should be backed to the hilt on this - bring a mate along or work colleague with kids if its really such an issue! :)

Fans with kids benefit every single week. The club should do something for one week only to benefit all fans - wouldn't that bring in more fans not just families?

And bring a mate with kids? I am 22, most of my friends are "normal" and don't have kids - that makes me unique in Glasgow - I know! And if am quite honest I sit in the seats furthest from any kids cos I don't have them, don't want them and don't like them very much and most certainly do not want to spend my Saturday with 2!! I have 3 cats that will do!

Great if you have kids and that costs you more - I just think it's unfair of the club to ALWAYS suit fans with kids! We are a family club I get that but the support is not 100% families - theres over 65's students and adult fans (shed?) with no kids

£10 for everyone - simple - you can appeal to lapsed fans, a family of 4 having a day out for £20, students wanting a cheap game of football and just the away fan getting a cheaper than normal day out!

Worked for Dundee with the £5 last season don't see why £10 for all wouldn't work for us.

I get the club wont change it - so am digging my old student card out!!!

Edited by little_miss_jag

little_miss_jag - if you got to a restaurant and then a week later see it advertised 25% off on groupon do you take a hissy fit and whine on about it on a message board? You can't please everyone all the time. The club is making an effort. If your single with no kids then you will most probably have more disposable income than the majority of people who go to Firhill.

Fans with kids benefit every single week. The club should do something for one week only to benefit all fans - wouldn't that bring in more fans not just families?

And bring a mate with kids? I am 22, most of my friends are "normal" and don't have kids - that makes me unique in Glasgow - I know! And if am quite honest I sit in the seats furthest from any kids cos I don't have them, don't want them and don't like them very much and most certainly do not want to spend my Saturday with 2!! I have 3 cats that will do!

Great if you have kids and that costs you more - I just think it's unfair of the club to ALWAYS suit fans with kids! We are a family club I get that but the support is not 100% families - theres over 65's students and adult fans (shed?) with no kids

£10 for everyone - simple - you can appeal to lapsed fans, a family of 4 having a day out for £20, students wanting a cheap game of football and just the away fan getting a cheaper than normal day out!

Worked for Dundee with the £5 last season don't see why £10 for all wouldn't work for us.

I get the club wont change it - so am digging my old student card out!!!

i thought that was a great post :thumbsup2:

While i don't agree with all the views shared by Little miss jag, i do agree she has some valid points.

There always seems to be incentives offered for families. Now i feel that will probably cater for the majority of the support but it does leave a group of fans who don't benefit.

She makes reference to £10.00 quid for everyone , well i'd look into offering an incentive better than that. Charlton on two occasions last season, offered £5.00 entry to all fans. On both occasions they all but sold out the ground. I don't see why we can't offer a similar promotion for a game. Can still make it a family fun day, if they want, but it could be worth a try.

Remember the survey we completed online ? Well there was meant to be announcements regards a membership and unique incentives as part of that. I'm disappointed that it is taking so long to get this started and it would be good if the club updated us as to where it's at or if it is going ahead at all.

We seemed only a couple of months ago to have got some unity back between the support and the club.It's been allowed to lose momentum and that is sad.

Remember the survey we completed online ? Well there was meant to be announcements regards a membership and unique incentives as part of that. I'm disappointed that it is taking so long to get this started and it would be good if the club updated us as to where it's at or if it is going ahead at all.

Lenny, we're still waiting for the club to announce details of the 'unique' initiative it trailed back in December/January. I wouldn't hold your breath.

little_miss_jag - if you got to a restaurant and then a week later see it advertised 25% off on groupon do you take a hissy fit and whine on about it on a message board? You can't please everyone all the time. The club is making an effort. If your single with no kids then you will most probably have more disposable income than the majority of people who go to Firhill.

Makes you wonder if having a groupon day would entice a few fans, would be bound to generate a lot of publicity too! an opportunity to get across out free for kids to a wider audience too.

The fur could fly at such suggestion, though guess only fair given a fox was allowed entry without a ticket recently.

The club ought to stop *****-footing around the issue, and state their position clearly.

Unbelievable!

for the hard of hearing, it was pu ssy-footing.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Lenny, we're still waiting for the club to announce details of the 'unique' initiative it trailed back in December/January. I wouldn't hold your breath.

I contacted the club about this a week or so ago and the initiative will be launched in January. One of the reasons for its delay was that they did not want to launch it when there was the What a Sensation night in October then the Hall of Fame Dinner in November and then 3 home games in December. If they had communicated this on a wider basis it would have been better but be ready for it launching in January.

I contacted the club about this a week or so ago and the initiative will be launched in January. One of the reasons for its delay was that they did not want to launch it when there was the What a Sensation night in October then the Hall of Fame Dinner in November and then 3 home games in December. If they had communicated this on a wider basis it would have been better but be ready for it launching in January.

That is good to hear. You are right, it should have been communicated better.

I contacted the club about this a week or so ago and the initiative will be launched in January. One of the reasons for its delay was that they did not want to launch it when there was the What a Sensation night in October then the Hall of Fame Dinner in November and then 3 home games in December.

And what about January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September?