Balatoni

The Earl of Hathaway

Post mistake against Culter, solid defensively, goal today. Sh(tting a brick about getting let go in January when he's 'going' 'back' to 'Hearts'? Or worth signing up for a longer deal? You ARE the jury....

For the record, I think he's done OK, apart from a few aberrations, and since the Edinburgh H(u)ns won't want him, we might as well have him....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post mistake against Culter, solid defensively, goal today. Sh(tting a brick about getting let go in January when he's 'going' 'back' to 'Hearts'? Or worth signing up for a longer deal? You ARE the jury....

For the record, I think he's done OK, apart from a few aberrations, and since the Edinburgh H(u)ns won't want him, we might as well have him....

For me he's a second division player but when you think about it when kinniburgh and robertson got injured who would you have played? As you said "let the debate begin".

I'd keep him.

Balatoni started off very poorly this season, which got more than a few fans riled. However he has shown signs of improvement and IMO still has a lot to offer. He's still a young player and given the chance could turn into a really valuable part of the team.

If we can keep him for the rest of the season, then I firmly believe he will go to put in performances to win over the doubters.

My bigger worry at the moment is up front, though hopeful the introduction of Dargo will be a kick up the backs1de for the other front players. He may not be fully match fit, but he clearly knows his way around the park and where to make runs, which can only help those around him.

Think he's still improving, and I think he's probably the best we can afford. Would take him if Hearts let him go. I definitely think he cares enough, and that's a good start.

My thinking as well. Would like it better if he could play in more than one position but he's young, especially for a centre back, and can improve.

Not an easy decision to make as I still reckon Conrad, when everyone is fit, is third in line for his particular position.

A bit more versatility and I can see some justification in signing him.

Im not quite sure where this love-in for Balatoni is coming from.Did we not concede another goal today that was defensive shambles? To sign him, I feel, would be a real risk given how inconsistent he's been over a couple of seasons and also he's got no pace.He's young and hopefully for him he may develop but for now I think we can do better.

Edited by angry gaz

Im not quite sure where this love-in for Balatoni is coming from.Did we not concede another goal today that what a defensive shambles? To sign him, I feel, would be a real risk given how inconsistent he's been over a couple of seasons and also he's got no pace.He's young and hopefully for him he may develop but for now I think we can do better.

WTF, is there a need? Really? The guy has had a lot of criticism upto and including the Culter shamble, in the weeks since he has vowed to prove his doubters wrong and imo (and that of several others going by this thread) he has done that in the last couple of games. You seriously trying to blame Balatoni for their goal? No pace but the quickest centre half we have?

Not one post on this thread is claiming he is the next Alan Hansen. Not one post on this thread has said he is anything other than a raw young talent with a bit of potential. So if that's what you think is a 'love-in' then I feel sorry for you, love must be in short supply in your life (or is 'love-in' the new buzz phrase to take over from 'happy clappers' for anyone who tries to praise the club/players/board/?).

Edited by Steven H

WTF, is there a need? Really? The guy has had a lot of criticism upto and including the Culter shamble, in the weeks since he has vowed to prove his doubters wrong and imo (and that of several others going by this thread) he has done that in the last couple of games. You seriously trying to blame Balatoni for their goal? No pace but the quickest centre half we have?

Not one post on this thread is claiming he is the next Alan Hansen. Not one post on this thread has said he is anything other than a raw young talent with a bit of potential. So if that's what you think is a 'love-in' then I feel sorry for you, love must be in short supply in your life (or is 'love-in' the new buzz phrase to take over from 'happy clappers' for anyone who tries to praise the club/players/board/?).

Gaun yersel wee man !!

:thumbsup2:

Im not quite sure where this love-in for Balatoni is coming from.Did we not concede another goal today that was defensive shambles? To sign him, I feel, would be a real risk given how inconsistent he's been over a couple of seasons and also he's got no pace.He's young and hopefully for him he may develop but for now I think we can do better.

I feel he's no bad. I don't mind him bein in the team but I would hope that when willie comes back he can claim his place back. Reckon a few will disagree but I think people should gi him a break he's done awright in the past few games and scored a belter today. WHATS THE STORY. BALATONI!!!

I didn't blame the goal on him , I blamed it on the defense of which he's been a part all season and which has been conceding soft goals all season.And yes, as you say also ,no pace ,so should we not be looking for something better? If it wasn't for injury to others he wouldn't have been playing today so I doubt if the manager will be looking to sign him on a permanent deal.

Im not quite sure where this love-in for Balatoni is coming from. Did we not concede another goal today that was defensive shambles? To sign him, I feel, would be a real risk given how inconsistent he's been over a couple of seasons and also he's got no pace.He's young and hopefully for him he may develop but for now I think we can do better.

I would not call it a love in, more a case of being objective. Being able to see improved performances and give credit for them than dwell on past performances. ie., it's all about balance... do we look at today's game and blame Balatoni for a conceded goal than was not directly down to him (IMO Fox should have came for it.) or give him some credit for a goal he scored.

I'll stand by my opinion he was poor early season, though has been improving and could do us good turn going forward.

I didn't blame the goal on him , I blamed it on the defense of which he's been a part all season and which has been conceding soft goals all season.And yes, as you say also ,no pace ,so should we not be looking for something better? If it wasn't for injury to others he wouldn't have been playing today so I doubt if the manager will be looking to sign him on a permanent deal.

A defence where he is the second youngest (not including O'Donnell as he has only played 2 games there or something)...has he been worse than Archie? He aint the quickest centre half, but in the case of those at Thistle he is...how quick is Archie these days (in movement and in thinking)? Who is more likely to improve as a player over the next 2/3 years Kinniburgh, Archie, Robertson, or Balatoni?

The previous poster says it better than I could...a bit of objective thinking would be good instead of the mundane 'we can do better'. Tell me, who do you have in mind then?

A defence where he is the second youngest (not including O'Donnell as he has only played 2 games there or something)...has he been worse than Archie? He aint the quickest centre half, but in the case of those at Thistle he is...how quick is Archie these days (in movement and in thinking)? Who is more likely to improve as a player over the next 2/3 years Kinniburgh, Archie, Robertson, or Balatoni?

The previous poster says it better than I could...a bit of objective thinking would be good instead of the mundane 'we can do better'. Tell me, who do you have in mind then?

To be quite honest I think Robertson and as for objective thinking if folk think he,s "improved over the last couple" of games , these games have been against ayr and a Highland league side.I don't want to come onto a forum and criticize any thistle player, I want the guy to be a good player for us but has CB really been consistent and good enough to warrant us signing him on a permanent deal?Personally ,I don't think so , if you do that's your opinion but honestly every time a cross ball has come into our box this season im shitting it because we don't have the commanding central defender that good teams are built round.

As for asking me who I have in mind , im sorry but on a Saturday I go to watch thistle and can't get round the other grounds in Scotland to watch up and coming players or talk to football scouts.If you're saying there isn't someone out there better because you don't know of one then again your entitled to your opinion.

Edited by angry gaz