Pttv: Raith Rovers Highlights

fritzy

Can't bring myself to watch a defeat on video. About the hand ball for their goal: I suppose many people thought that our penalty at Dens earlier this season should not have been a penalty and a red card, so maybe this was payback time.

Not really. That was payback for the Dundee "penalty" at Firhill. So by my reckoning we're due further payback for this latest outrage against our poor wee souls.

Not really. That was payback for the Dundee "penalty" at Firhill. So by my reckoning we're due further payback for this latest outrage against our poor wee souls.

Too true. We've never been fully compensated for:

Bobby Houston's brilliant goal against the h*ns in the Cup semi-final, late 70's.

Stonewall penalty denied us at Tannadice in the play-off match.

Trigger's (I think) goal that was well over the line in the League Cup at Porkheid a few years ago (the one that we lost after a total of 18 penalties!)

Granted, we got a bit lucky with the non-award of a penalty against Forfar at Firhill when we won promotion, but that was 50/50 in any case!

Jackie doing his nut :o . Why was the ref having a discussion with his assistant while Baird was in such close proximity? Cheating wee Airdrie barsteward.

So, why did the linesman flag if not for the handball? What happens with Jackie now, automatic ban or will he need to go up before a Disciplinary Panel?

Refereeing this year has been shocking, about time they were disciplined for incompetency and for it to be done publicly. For example, Conroy has now been the centre of 3 diving controversies. Us against Dundee at Firhill, the O'Conner one and the Aluko one. He obviously doesn't learn from his mistakes, so maybe he'll learn if he is given a reduced wage package, I'd fine them for consistent incompetence.

Looking again and again at the highlights and using the pause button it was clearly handball. But also looking at the free kick in the first half, when the ref booked the Rovers player for hand ball, he gave a free kick on the edge of the box. The highlights show that the offence was committed inside the box. If we had scored first we would have won.

Looking again and again at the highlights and using the pause button it was clearly handball. But also looking at the free kick in the first half, when the ref booked the Rovers player for hand ball, he gave a free kick on the edge of the box. The highlights show that the offence was committed inside the box. If we had scored first we would have won.

Though it seems harsh, is a shot at goal not a goalscoring opportunity, and therefore the use of a hand to deliberately block the ball a red card offence? Not that I'm complaining really, but could a ref be justified to show a red there?