Mcnamara Out

uberteeb

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It bears repeating - QoS beat Thistle on Saturday. Which coach was the imbicile that day?

Think you are missing the point, there wasn't really an issue with tactics on saturday, hence why i haven't called for Jackie's head.

the issue we have is the squad of players he has who are incapable of employing anywhere near enough effort or skill required to beat a team who's main tactic is filed under "anti football".

This is the same manager when at St Mirren, playing in a cup final against 9 men, his tactic was to defend on their 18 yard line with one man upfront.

This is the same guy who when walking the corridors of St Mirren's ground, did not even know the names (and was not interested in knowing the names) of his youth players.

Spent the last couple of days trying to get over that complete anti climax and pathetic home performance on Saturday and although I share the OP's frustration, and a lot of the things he mentioned I don't, however think it would be wise or the right thing to get rid of the manager.

Don't get me wrong, the home matches since the Ross County defeat have been awful and I don't care that we have won a couple of them. The team and primarily the midfield have provided nothing for the strikers of note. Clear cut chances I''m on about here, a through ball and nice one-two and good set pieces. I'm quite alarmed at how many people seem to think that a brand new striker will solve this. I'm not a fan of Dargo but I'm someone who doesn't not rate him either, what I'll remember him as the striker who came in to shake things up, and never really got the service to score goals, like the ones we've had on the books since the start of the season. Strikers are judged on goals so I guess since we're out of the Cup with no additional funds coming our way is adios to Craig.

This whole problem is primarily down to the manager and his coaching team, however I'd stick up for McNamara on a few counts. For instance, some of the players we have playing for us are just a bunch of pansies, quite frankly with limited ability, dig and mental toughness.

I couldn't believe he started Flannigan after being three months out and only a few bounces games under his belt and playing him right in the middle of midfield. He was so off the pace in the second half and as ever in his game he offers nothing going forward. Always sideways with him. Stewart, Paton, Archibald as well, just did not perform.

To summarise I still have faith in the manager but the last five home matches have been terrible. No excitement in our play. There's a good few players who just havn't shown the determination to play for this club and think they're better than they actually are. I like to see us offer a few of them to other teams, similar to the Liam Buchanan situation and try and get some others in. The team is so stale and so is our play. I've ranted on and on but the season is over by January and that's just not good enough, considering the opposition we were against.

Edited by broomhill jag

If the board are reading this I'll happily contribute to Gus McPherson's wages. Sad day when a 'fan' says he wouldn't watch his team simply because he didn't like the manager.

Depends on what you are happy watching I guess. Potty Trained has made some good points about McPherson.

Regardles of Saturday's result, I'd still much rather be managed by McNamara than McPherson.

I happened to mention to a football-savvy colleague that some of the Firhill faithful are already talking in terms of "season over". "Not until you are mathematically certain to avoid relegation!" came the sage reply. So it's time to start the calculations - and yes, I realise that there are some mathematical wizards out there who will note that X still has to play Y so many times home and away, and will be able to make mincemeat of my simple arithmetic! PTFC have played exactly half of the scheduled 36 league matches. On current standings, and to guarantee avoiding 9th or 10th position in the league, Thistle need to accumulate another 49 points. That - of course - is, in reality, complete nonsense, because such an achievement would give the Jags 75 points and probably the championship as well! Will the wizards kindly help me to designate a realistic target, please? The second point I would make is that nothing would be achieved by dispensing with JMcN's services at this stage in the season. He is still young in managerial terms - one could almost say "green", but that might be misconstrued! The simple thing those of us with a bit of tactical football knowledge need to get across to JMcN is that the shortest route to the opposition goal is in a straight line, and that when a player gets within decent sight and range of it, he needs to SHOOT!

I happened to mention to a football-savvy colleague that some of the Firhill faithful are already talking in terms of "season over". "Not until you are mathematically certain to avoid relegation!" came the sage reply. So it's time to start the calculations - and yes, I realise that there are some mathematical wizards out there who will note that X still has to play Y so many times home and away, and will be able to make mincemeat of my simple arithmetic! PTFC have played exactly half of the scheduled 36 league matches. On current standings, and to guarantee avoiding 9th or 10th position in the league, Thistle need to accumulate another 49 points. That - of course - is, in reality, complete nonsense, because such an achievement would give the Jags 75 points and probably the championship as well! Will the wizards kindly help me to designate a realistic target, please? The second point I would make is that nothing would be achieved by dispensing with JMcN's services at this stage in the season. He is still young in managerial terms - one could almost say "green", but that might be misconstrued! The simple thing those of us with a bit of tactical football knowledge need to get across to JMcN is that the shortest route to the opposition goal is in a straight line, and that when a player gets within decent sight and range of it, he needs to SHOOT!

Go tell him that, and let us know how you get on ;)

As for enough points to avoid relegation...we WILL get enough points :D

What, you can't pick and choose the matches you attend based on personal opinion? News to me.

Did you actually read Grant's post? He claims he would walk away from the team that he claims to support just because he dislikes the manager. Even if the team was highly successful under that manager he would refuse to go. Does that sound like fan of the year?

Or is it more likely that he was just talking crap as always?

Edited by Phoenix

Ah crap would have fancied that dons game. anywho we're out. Everyones frustrated but it is too rash to sack jackie if we get dragged into the dogfight maybe but we're 4th in the league we're out the cup but s**t happens let's get behind jackie and the boys and push on against accies on Friday . MON THE JAGS

He's a shite manager and his players are shite. Some of this season's performances have been pathetic.

How he can think Elliot is a good player is beyond me.

Also the board's record at appointing managers is appalling. Not one of our recent previous manager's have gone on to do anything decent.

Did you actually read Grant's post? He claims he would walk away from the team that he claims to support just because he dislikes the manager. Even if the team was highly successful under that manager he would refuse to go. Does that sound like fan of the year?

Or is it more likely that he was just talking crap as always?

I love the personal abuse.

I made a point on a thread calling for our manager to be sacked saying that QoS's current manager would have us in a far worse situation than we are currently in. Based on their tactics on Sat, there's no way I could watch that every week. I imagine I wouldn't be alone either.

Serious question. Do you honestly think that we would be better off under McPherson than McNamara?

Can the board afford to sack Macnamara, and also the coaching team he appointed before appointing someone else with no uarantee of success and more outgoings if the replacement is at another club which wants compensation? Who is available anyway who would come to a broke, piss poor club anyway?

Can the board afford to sack Macnamara, and also the coaching team he appointed before appointing someone else with no uarantee of success and more outgoings if the replacement is at another club which wants compensation? Who is available anyway who would come to a broke, piss poor club anyway?

That is the point that I made earlier. We would have pay Jackie and SID a year's wages to terminate their contracts.

Those available - Jimmy Calderwood, John Hughes, Gordon Chisholm, Neil Warnock, Steve Bruce... :P

[quote name=

' timestamp='1326109462' post='77970]

I stayed off the forum yesterday as it was clear I was causing more problems but I feel ignoring your utter crap is only adding to the fact I think you are right.

Get this clear, I never under any circumstances made any slanderous comment about Culter. I made it clear I never saw the video. I also said that IF the abuse that some were saying happened then it was wrong, but IF it was no more than people venting frustration at the team performance, then it wasn't.

Your dig at my Conference post is astounding. I make a comment that two games I saw 15 yrs ago were not as good as the first division. I meant at that time. Where did I say the current conference is not as good as todays first division?

As for Saturday, I've not commented on tactics, players performance, yet I get slated by you and a couple of your cronies. Don't see you giving the same crap to people who claim Jackie said this, jackie did that, when they were no where near the dug out, dressing room.

I've never once defended the players over saturday but I reserve the right to comment if I think the manager is getting, what I think is a raw deal.

I made a mistake last week by commenting on the "Polis Free " thread. I should have ignored the thread and not commented. I opened myself up to critisism. The stuff that's been said and written about me on here in last 24 hours or so by you, Grant tierney's tackle , Ubeerteeb et all has been pathetic. Just because I dare to challenge your views.

Lenny this has nothing to do with challenging other people's views. That's what the forum is for. What gets me is your continuing keyboard diarrhea about subjects you are quite simply not in a position to comment on,

Lenny this has nothing to do with challenging other people's views. That's what the forum is for. What gets me is your continuing keyboard diarrhea about subjects you are quite simply not in a position to comment on,

Exactly, you can't comment on something you didn't see, it's also his continuing happy clapping about all things to do with the club, I wish I could see the club through his eyes as we can seem to do no wrong.

Lenny - I try to avoid your posts but felt like you were particulary stupid in this one and I couldn't resist. I try to avoid your posts after reading your pathetic greeting session about the big boys shouting at you at one of the away games.

Grow some baws mate and stop filling interesting threads full of your p*sh chat.

Edited by Grant Tierney's tackle

He's a shite manager and his players are shite. Some of this season's performances have been pathetic.

How he can think Elliot is a good player is beyond me.

Also the board's record at appointing managers is appalling. Not one of our recent previous manager's have gone on to do anything decent.

Does the story not go the manager of Blyth Spartans tipped McNamara off about Elliot? Now Blyth Spartans play at a lower level than us yet didn't sign him whilst we go and get the lad? Weird.

And having watched Whitley Bay FC play (the club we signed him from) in November I can tell you that you'll see better football and better players playing Sunday League with killer hangovers and kebab sauce still smeared on thier faces from the previous night. And the Whitley Bay FC fans who I spoke to thought Elliot was a "not bad" player. Not bad at that level? Jesus. I wonder if anyone went to watch him?

Does the story not go the manager of Blyth Spartans tipped McNamara off about Elliot? Now Blyth Spartans play at a lower level than us yet didn't sign him whilst we go and get the lad? Weird.

And having watched Whitley Bay FC play (the club we signed him from) in November I can tell you that you'll see better football and better players playing Sunday League with killer hangovers and kebab sauce still smeared on thier faces from the previous night. And the Whitley Bay FC fans who I spoke to thought Elliot was a "not bad" player. Not bad at that level? Jesus. I wonder if anyone went to watch him?

Elliot looked half decent when he first came but he looks to have lost that. His first touch is woeful. The whole team is woeful at present though.

I think a few people have been a little harsh when it comes to Elliot. He is not the best striker we have ever seen at Firhill, however it will take him time to adjust to life as a pro-footballer.

It took a good year for Kris Doolan to adjust and find his form, I am confident that Elliot will do the same.

5 goals in 12 starts is not bad for someone who played non-league football. Just give him time.

Sacking Jackie will do absolutely no good, I'm sure of it. Looking at the possible replacements makes me shiver, he needs to be given at least a season.

Have been offline since Friday but knew there would be uproar after Saturday's result.

What i will say right now is what I have been saying for the last 3 seasons......there is a mentality now I believe that the best we should hope for is mid table First Division year after....This is total bolloc ks. and i for one have become sick of this "work in progress" crap that gets touted every season.

The cup exits were a disgrace.

The question yet again is what is happening next season, Do we keep the nice guys in their jobs and have same pointless meaningless season yet again??

This is losing us fans....loyal fans....and I include myself in this..I will never ever dessert the jags but how regularly I go to watch them has been defined by the meaningless games year after.

There is every chance I will not be back again this season.

Fine. Everyone is annoyed. If you don't want to come back, then there is no compulsion. No one wants to lose fans ,but you don't love and support a team, only if they are good. I've watched them for over 40 years and had some good moments, but lots of bad. It would be nice if they were better ,but you don't sign up with a guarantee. I hope you keep going to matches ,but it is important to remember no one forces us to support them ,so keep going during the bad times or find something else to do. Why be miserable?

Fine. Everyone is annoyed. If you don't want to come back, then there is no compulsion. No one wants to lose fans ,but you don't love and support a team, only if they are good. I've watched them for over 40 years and had some good moments, but lots of bad. It would be nice if they were better ,but you don't sign up with a guarantee. I hope you keep going to matches ,but it is important to remember no one forces us to support them ,so keep going during the bad times or find something else to do. Why be miserable?

Time for me to put on my old, old record. Football clubs are turning fans into customers. It's been happening for 30 years now. Fans will not walk away from a football club; customers will when there's something better on offer.

I lose patience with the 'stick-with-it' approach.

Tbh..one of my mains gripes is not being able to take my son to Jags game that means anything...at 9 years old he doesnt want to go...tells a story does it not??

Anyway I'm not miserable I will be quite happy on the golf course on a Saturday afternoon.

I will still go but as the years go on it just becomes less of a priority and a necessity and its sad to say that I wish it still was..

Lenny - I try to avoid your posts but felt like you were particulary stupid in this one and I couldn't resist. I try to avoid your posts after reading your pathetic greeting session about the big boys shouting at you at one of the away games.

Grow some baws mate and stop filling interesting threads full of your p*sh chat.

may i ask why everyone is using lenny as a punch bag for their frustrations. the guy has as just a right to post what he wants as everyone else does