Aberdeen Away - That's What We Missed

uberteeb

Well that's only intensified my anger after Saturday.

This was probably the best chance for me to see us play at Pittodrie, as I've never been and before they move into their new stadium too.

Being reminded about the missed trip to Easter Road earlier in the season because we got beat by Berwick just makes it worse.

Absolutely raging.

Edited by northernsoul

Why do people always trot out the line 'that's what we missed'? It's a completely random draw, and had we won, we could just as easily have been handed a home tie against Falkirk or Ross County.

I thought we were atrocious at the weekend - and agree with the rising doubts about McNamara - but the saying always baffles me.

Why do people always trot out the line 'that's what we missed'? It's a completely random draw, and had we won, we could just as easily have been handed a home tie against Falkirk or Ross County.

Ah, but are clubs not arranged alphabetically and given numbers accordingly, Aberdeen= No1 and so on? If so then with Peterhead knocked out Partick Thistle would've got Queen of the South's number. :unknw:

:D

I thought we were atrocious at the weekend - and agree with the rising doubts about McNamara - but the saying always baffles me.

Of course it's a random draw, but the team that beat Thistle gets to play Aberdeen away. Why is this so baffling?

I thought we were atrocious at the weekendI- and agree with the rising doubts about McNamara - but the saying always baffles me.

Because if you don't win you don't have any chance of playing ANYONE.

Didn't watch the draw, so not sure, but Englands draw isn't alphabetical (Man U number 3, for example) so don't know if ours is or not.

No idea how they allocate the numbers down south.

Anyway, the whole "look who we would have got" is nonsense.

We didn't, deal with it and move on.

The fact is that our rotten cup performances have cost the club a lot of money. The subsequent draws are irrelevant. Jackie can moan about a limit budget but he must take responsibility for those defeats. His poor signings have been a major factor. Our best players were originally signed by McCall.

Much as it pains me to admit it over thirty years of following thistle there have been significantly more failures than succeses. Despite my own personal dissapointment, I cannot join this silly sack the manager campaign.

McNamara may or may not be the man for the job, but it is virtually impossible to come to a considered judgement so soon in his managerial carreer.

Without wishing to sound like some sage old git, just what do MacNamara's detracters expect? As i've said before we've no money, shit crowds and players of limited ability

Much as it pains me to admit it over thirty years of following thistle there have been significantly more failures than succeses. Despite my own personal dissapointment, I cannot join this silly sack the manager campaign.

McNamara may or may not be the man for the job, but it is virtually impossible to come to a considered judgement so soon in his managerial carreer.

Without wishing to sound like some sage old git, just what do MacNamara's detracters expect? As i've said before we've no money, shit crowds and players of limited ability

I would keep McNamara but there much room for improvement. A few players that he signed are under-performing. Others are not even getting a place on the bench.

Didn't watch the draw, so not sure, but Englands draw isn't alphabetical (Man U number 3, for example) so don't know if ours is or not.

No idea how they allocate the numbers down south.

Anyway, the whole "look who we would have got" is nonsense.

We didn't, deal with it and move on.

In England, the numbers represent the order they were drawn in the previous round, so Man City vs Man Utd was the third match drawn, so the winner was number three in the draw.

I agree though, the idea that we would certainly have got Aberdeen had we won is silly and pointless.

His sighnings have sucked pretty badly Elliot is a waste of space and Stewart is GARBAGE! :(

He also gave new contracts to Flannigan, McBeth and Stevenson. How many games have they featured in?

Lindsay has not had the chance to show what he can do.