Offer On Next Two Home Games

proudjag

Disgrace!

What about season ticket holders!

Just another kick in the teeth for season Ticket holders. Bad enough changing Saturday fixtures to Fridays. Then advantageous offers to non Season ticket holders for Hospitality and now reduced admission prices for 2 matches together. Just watch next season ticket sales plummet.

Get a grip, look at the bigger picture. Season tickets aren't great value anyway, but we buy them because it gives the club money upfront which is much needed. Ideas like this can only be a good thing. People are always looking for reasons not to go to games; I don't like dick Campbell, I don't like Cowan/prentice etc, but I'll go if they leave. Once they do a new excuse is found, anything we can do to attract new blood, or just a little more income should be applauded not seen as a negative to season ticket holders.

Sorry but I think this is a massive kick in the teeth for ST holders.

Between Friday night football and now this, truthfully what incentives are there for me to buy a ticket next year?

As I said in an earlier post I don't think this is the right time or thread to air such grievances. I feel we (ST holders) should see this as a worthwhile initiative, an attempt to get more bums on seats and the Club should be praised for this.

David Beattie doesn't strike me as naive and I would expect further initiatives aimed at ensuring future ST sales are protected. The only sensible way to do that is to offer season tickets as value for money against pay at the gate. The Club thinking that fans buy season tickets purely as a leg up to the Club would be total folly. Even if many of us do I'm sure we'd be pissed off by being patronised in such a manner. As I say, tho', I don't believe.David Beattie would be that daft.

Given what's been going on let's cut him some slack this season.

the season ticket system is a throwback to the days when football was played at 3.00 pm every other saturday - it only really works well for, say, bigger EPL clubs where currently demand way outstrips supply. initiatives such as the 3 & 5 match tickets and the friday night games add options to increase numbers and appear to have been a success so hope this one is too.

that said, something that adds value for the season ticket holder wouldn't go amiss.

the season ticket system is a throwback to the days when football was played at 3.00 pm every other saturday - it only really works well for, say, bigger EPL clubs where currently demand way outstrips supply. initiatives such as the 3 & 5 match tickets and the friday night games add options to increase numbers and appear to have been a success so hope this one is too.

that said, something that adds value for the season ticket holder wouldn't go amiss.

They could always give out a voucher for money off the home top, or a ticket to a Warriors game...

Nae problem with this at all. I paid out my Season Ticket money at the start of August so that it's all done and dusted. Come Friday night (one so far), Tuesday night or Saturday afternoon I'm not having to go to the bank to get cash out, comes the end of the month I'm a bit skint - I can still get along to Firhill. If people want to take up the offer, good for them - get them through the gates!

To help the club you support keep afloat, or is that not good enough?

Without turning this into a "i'm a better fan than you", you wouldn't be old enough to ahve been about at Save the Jags part 1.

As for the smart alec suggestion of money off a top, not many folk in their 60s wear a football top to games.

Warriors game, that's gone next season.

Over reaction?

Well, let's start another thread on why people think it isn't.

Without turning this into a "i'm a better fan than you", you wouldn't be old enough to ahve been about at Save the Jags part 1.

Save The Jags, possibly the worst thing that could have happenned to Thistle.

It gave the fans/Trust delusions of grandeur, that they should be part of every decision made at the Club.

It also gave the Club the chance to lay guilt at the door of every thistle fan from then onwards, through begging letters for season tickets, transfer money, new fund raisers that get introduced and fail on a yearly basis,

And the now yearly proclamation: the club will die if the crowds don't increase... It's the fans fault, we just didn't give the Club, every spare penny we had.

oh and the new seed thats being sown over the last couple of years: supporting thistle is not about entertainment or winning, its about parting with your money every week, no matter what dross you are being forced to watch, because if you don't the club will die.

Save The Jags, possibly the worst thing that could have happenned to Thistle.

It gave the fans/Trust delusions of grandeur, that they should be part of every decision made at the Club.

It also gave the Club the chance to lay guilt at the door of every thistle fan from then onwards, through begging letters for season tickets, transfer money, new fund raisers that get introduced and fail on a yearly basis,

And the now yearly proclamation: the club will die if the crowds don't increase... It's the fans fault, we just didn't give the Club, every spare penny we had.

oh and the new seed thats being sown over the last couple of years: supporting thistle is not about entertainment or winning, its about parting with your money every week, no matter what dross you are being forced to watch, because if you don't the club will die.

Couldn't disagree with anything you have written.