Pttv: Falkirk Highlights

fritzy

Not clear to decide if either penalty was the correct decision.

Shooting on sight is all very well but trying to work the ball into a better position is sometimes the better option. Our decision making in the final third of the pitch is poor.

Edited by Alan Murray

It certainly looks, from that angle, that the red card was justified. I wasn't so sure from the away supporters' stand. The penalty for a foul on Cairney still doesn't look justified, and the video doesn't clarify the incident that led to the other penalty. (The still pics seem to make it likely that it wasn't justified either.)

It certainly looks, from that angle, that the red card was justified. I wasn't so sure from the away supporters' stand. The penalty for a foul on Cairney still doesn't look justified, and the video doesn't clarify the incident that led to the other penalty. (The still pics seem to make it likely that it wasn't justified either.)

Don't need TV coverage to know It was never a sending off and their defender got to the ball and not a penalty either. I'm maybe one of the few that didn't think Cairney "went down too easy". I think he was always going to trip after the tackle. It doesn't look to me that video is going to clear up their penalty either so seeing it's Collum reffing I'll just assume he got that one wrong as well.

Just watched the highlights there. McGovern wins Falkirk that point. He has some unbelieveable saves.

Also, from my viewing I have to say I don't think either of those penalties should have been given. And how that is a red card i'll never know. Ref looked to be having a stinker that day.

Sinclair was painfully unlucky not to score as well.

Another wee positive for me is that we seem to be taking a decent amount of shots on goal rather than trying to walk it into the net which is encouraging. If you don't buy a ticket and all that.

Cairney's goal is goal of the season for us. Hands down. Probably be goal of the season for the entire First Division.

If you watch the red card incident the attacker lunges at erskine two feet off the ground and i think

thats why he went .the reasonwhy they got a penalty sinclair had his hand in the air .And our penalty was given

because he had thiste to win simples

It should never have been a sending off, and neither penalty should have been given. Terrible refereeing display.

Cairney's goal was brilliant; it's not even as if the keeper was miles off his line. Cairney also had some great turns and runs especially in the 2nd half. Good to see him back to form after a couple of poor (for him) weeks.

The biggest point for me though is the number of pathetic trundlers that are supposed to be shots at goal; really, really poor.

If ever there was a game we should have killed off and buried, that was it.

It should never have been a sending off, and neither penalty should have been given. Terrible refereeing display.

Cairney's goal was brilliant; it's not even as if the keeper was miles off his line. Cairney also had some great turns and runs especially in the 2nd half. Good to see him back to form after a couple of poor (for him) weeks.

The biggest point for me though is the number of pathetic trundlers that are supposed to be shots at goal; really, really poor.

If ever there was a game we should have killed off and buried, that was it.

Edited to add: Shame not to have a final introduction to the match from Ami's smiling face.

Hi, can someone stick these on youtube please? For some reason they're not playing on my laptop. Had the same problem with the Raith ones but I wasn't so fussed about them (plus I'd already seen them on RRFC's site).

Every other video this season has worked fine though. Odd.

Hi, can someone stick these on youtube please? For some reason they're not playing on my laptop. Had the same problem with the Raith ones but I wasn't so fussed about them (plus I'd already seen them on RRFC's site).

Every other video this season has worked fine though. Odd.

Aint had a problem b4 either, but cant get this to play, even when I go to the OS....strange!

Cairney also had some great turns and runs especially in the 2nd half. Good to see him back to form after a couple of poor (for him) weeks.

My slight criticism of Cairney lately has been he's caught in possession too often to play a normal central role in midfield. I like the forward freer position he played on Saturday. As often as not he can be wasted just playing wide but when the set up is not too rigid he can turn up anywhere in attack and as long as he's on his game he'll be effective.

Agree about the scuffed shots but at least they're now shooting at goal rather than the buck passing that's been a sad feature of this and recent.seasons. Hopefully they'll continue being less shot shy and the end product will improve. Rather that than they get embarrassed and revert to trying to walk the ball into the net.

If you watch the red card incident the attacker lunges at erskine two feet off the ground and i think

thats why he went .the reasonwhy they got a penalty sinclair had his hand in the air ...

He tackled Erskine instead of the ball (which was well ahead of Erskine by then) with two feet, as you say: a straight red was justified.

Many of the scuffed shots seemed to be from left-footed players forced to use a right foot. However, it is good to see players shooting once more.

I know Jamie Campbell hasn't to date set the heather on fire at Stenny but on Saturday he played 90 mins. He scores a cracker of a goal (No3) and sets up another (No4). Here's the video. You may have to right click and turn off HD and scaling( whatever that is) to get it to play.

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/video/

Outrageous goal from Cairney, has to be goal of the season.

Outrageous refereeing display for very different reasons. Neither penalty should have been given, and for me that is no way a red card. A foul yes, but barely even a booking.

When you play well in games like that you have to make it count, especially with a man advantage. That's the reason we aren't challenging this season.

I know Jamie Campbell hasn't to date set the heather on fire at Stenny but on Saturday he played 90 mins. He scores a cracker of a goal (No3) and sets up another (No4). Here's the video. You may have to right click and turn off HD and scaling( whatever that is) to get it to play.

The Albion were all over them in the first half! A bit like yon nightmare game we had there about 10 years ago.

Jeez, Stevie Murray's been at the pies!

Hmm, on another thread it was mentioned that at one time a Hibee thought that our players were fatties.

Who was the last real one? Budinaukas? Fulton? Neither could hold a candle against Slim Jim Slavin.

Harkins was carrying a fair bit of weight when he joined us but he wasn't in the same restaurant as Fulton or The Bud.