Grim Reading For Next Season...

Andy Frame

Willie or Tommy? Callaghan

Paul McDonald - most notable contribution was his winning penalty in a 1-0 win over Forfar at Firhill - 2nd last game of the season which effectively saved us from relegation to Divison 3 in 98/99.

Andy Frame

Paul McDonald - most notable contribution was his winning penalty in a 1-0 win over Forfar at Firhill - 2nd last game of the season which effectively saved us from relegation to Divison 3 in 98/99.

Andy Frame

I've already ballsed up this post, but here goes again:

I'm often impressed by guys' knowledge about players, scores, performances etc., but this takes the biscuit!

Even the Power Station has gone now. Watching the wee truck move up and down took my mind off the dross on the park.

Out of interest I checked the team that day (6/2/99) - surely a candidate for the worst PTFC XI ( with 2 honourable exceptions ):

Arthur, Kennedy, McKeown, Archibald, Gaughan, Bonar, Callaghan, Frame(?), Tosh, Dunn, McDonald.

We always used to joke that Andy Frame was the Beckham of Scottish Football, clutching at straws just a wee bit maybe? He had the same haircut anyway.

But that season, 98/99 truly was dreadful. 99/00 was ok as we got a nice wee cup run and Lindau & Jacobs were in the team.

Even the Power Station has gone now. Watching the wee truck move up and down took my mind off the dross on the park.

Out of interest I checked the team that day (6/2/99) - surely a candidate for the worst PTFC XI ( with 2 honourable exceptions ):

Arthur, Kennedy, McKeown, Archibald, Gaughan, Bonar, Callaghan, Frame(?), Tosh, Dunn, McDonald.

Absolutely, undoubtedly the WORST Thistle game I've ever had to endure. Total, TOTAL sh*te from first to last - and we lost 0ne-nil. The ball spent more time in the car park than it did on the pitch. Almost got lifted for repeatedly booting the seat in front of me at how AWFUL it all was....

He worthily contributed a wonderful header past Santa David Wylie for a 1-0 Boxing Day win at Broadwood that season!!

He worthily contributed a wonderful header past Santa David Wylie for a 1-0 Boxing Day win at Broadwood that season!!

Totally forgot about that game, I remember being at it as well. Wins against Clyde seemed to be hard to come by back then.

Totally forgot about that game, I remember being at it as well. Wins against Clyde seemed to be hard to come by back then.

We did the double against them at Broadwood that season. The first game was in September, Alan Morgan scored both in a 2-1 win. His second was a peach of a header from a cross by...................Paul McDonald, who had come on as a sub for his first Jags appearance.

If Ayr do the DEED and stay (keepy) up, Jim Delahunt will select one LUCKY FAN at random to accompany him down to Somerset Park in his state of the art LIMOUSINE! You will be accompanied by me (after pulling a cheeky sickie from CLYDE 1!), Hateley, and MAYBE even John "Abs of Adonis" Collins! An absolute honour, I know. Limo Delahunt is full to the gunnels with CRISTAL CHAMPERS and a few cheeky cans of RED STRIPE courtesy of my big pal, Russell Latapy, who will be our driver for the day. When we get to Ayr pished as VERY expensive farts, the terraces will be ours and we can belt out songs of PASSION and bask in the Ayrshire cloud. Having drank the limo dry, we can stop in at the delightful ALDI on the way home and stock up with CANZ which will serve as a truly glorious warm up to our night ON THE TOWN (diamond dawls!).

Entries on a postcard! Cor!

If Ayr do the DEED and stay (keepy) up, Jim Delahunt will select one LUCKY FAN at random to accompany him down to Somerset Park in his state of the art LIMOUSINE! You will be accompanied by me (after pulling a cheeky sickie from CLYDE 1!), Hateley, and MAYBE even John "Abs of Adonis" Collins! An absolute honour, I know. Limo Delahunt is full to the gunnels with CRISTAL CHAMPERS and a few cheeky cans of RED STRIPE courtesy of my big pal, Russell Latapy, who will be our driver for the day. When we get to Ayr pished as VERY expensive farts, the terraces will be ours and we can belt out songs of PASSION and bask in the Ayrshire cloud. Having drank the limo dry, we can stop in at the delightful ALDI on the way home and stock up with CANZ which will serve as a truly glorious warm up to our night ON THE TOWN (diamond dawls!).

Entries on a postcard! Cor!

Sod the penalty shoot out for a free season ticket, let's do it for this prize instead.

If Ayr do the DEED and stay (keepy) up, Jim Delahunt will select one LUCKY FAN at random to accompany him down to Somerset Park in his state of the art LIMOUSINE! You will be accompanied by me (after pulling a cheeky sickie from CLYDE 1!), Hateley, and MAYBE even John "Abs of Adonis" Collins! An absolute honour, I know. Limo Delahunt is full to the gunnels with CRISTAL CHAMPERS and a few cheeky cans of RED STRIPE courtesy of my big pal, Russell Latapy, who will be our driver for the day. When we get to Ayr pished as VERY expensive farts, the terraces will be ours and we can belt out songs of PASSION and bask in the Ayrshire cloud. Having drank the limo dry, we can stop in at the delightful ALDI on the way home and stock up with CANZ which will serve as a truly glorious warm up to our night ON THE TOWN (diamond dawls!). Entries on a postcard! Cor!

I now really want Ayr to stay up.

Although how can you enter when the fan is being selected randomly? Answers on a postcard please.

I now really want Ayr to stay up.

Although how can you enter when the fan is being selected randomly? Answers on a postcard please.

Well, big chief, all you have to do is send a DELIGHTFUL looking postcard to yours truly's utterly majestic trendy west end pad with your name scrawled over it and seal it with a loving KISS (and maybe a cheeky tin of Tennents)! Alternatively, Jim Delahunt will also accept a PRIVATE MESSAGE with a poem dedicated to his glory or a poem about how much of an utter TADGER Jim White is! THEN Jim Delahunt will broadcast a LIVE draw over the INTERNET with Bobby "Man of Africa" Williamson handling drawing duties. The LUCKY lad or lady will be in for a day that will UNDOUBTEDLY surpass the birth of any children they may have, wedding days, or when Chunky Ian McCall invites his EXCLUSIVE media pals to have an ALL NIGHTER in his upmarket public house, the GOAT!

Get the entries in and we'll be SURE to get MANY beers in on the BIG DAY!!

Absolutely, undoubtedly the WORST Thistle game I've ever had to endure. Total, TOTAL sh*te from first to last - and we lost 0ne-nil. The ball spent more time in the car park than it did on the pitch. Almost got lifted for repeatedly booting the seat in front of me at how AWFUL it all was....

I was there. I was giving a mate a lift home (cupar direction) on condition he came to the game with me. Needless to say, I failed to convert him to the cause. Can't disagree with any of that.

On Sky Sports News Jim White is at his best.

He’s always sneaking a peak at Natalie Sawyer’s chest.

The girls in the studio call him a pest.

Back in his home town he refused to take a breathalyzer test.

Once he left Scotsport, I wasn’t a fan.

Wee Davie Tanner is his right hand man.

His favourite band is Duran Duran.

To summarize, he’s an utter fan dan.

Edited by northernsoul

One of (possibly the) worst Thistle games I've ever attended. Might as well have been Roddy Frame and Pete Tosh.

On Sky Sports News Jim White is at his best.

He’s always sneaking a peak at Natalie Sawyer’s chest.

The girls in the studio call him a pest.

Back in his home town he refused to take a breathalyzer test.

Once he left Scotsport, I wasn’t a fan.

Wee Davie Tanner is his right hand man.

His favourite band is Duran Duran.

To summarize, he’s an utter fan dan.

Consider yourself ENTERED, big chief! I must say, the other poems were DEEPLY uninspiring, much like a holiday to Ardrossan with only Rob MacLean for company and NAE BEVVY! Your ode to Jim White being a BAWSACK brought a tear to yer Uncle Jim's eye (which usually provide ZERO tears of emotion!) I'm just away to phone Bobby Williamson and arrange his flights and ALSO a cheeky rendezvous up ORAN MOR way for a serious meeting of minds and comparing of sizes! Oo-err!

Edited by jimdelahunt

Consider yourself ENTERED, big chief! I must say, the other poems were DEEPLY uninspiring, much like a holiday to Ardrossan with only Rob MacLean for company and NAE BEVVY! Your ode to Jim White being a BAWSACK brought a tear to yer Uncle Jim's eye (which usually provide ZERO tears of emotion!) I'm just away to phone Bobby Williamson and arrange his flights and ALSO a cheeky rendezvous up ORAN MOR way for a serious meeting of minds and comparing of sizes! Oo-err!

I'm honoured Jim. Celebratory drinks in the Star and Garter after a Jags victory tomorrow.

The boys took Jim down to the Star,

He hit the double Vody's and couldn't see far,

Blurred by the bevy and their love of the jags,

They hit Diamond dolls to pick up some.... dancing girls!

It's 4am and Jim's in the gutter,

tries to hail a taxi but lets out a stutter.

"All back to mine", came delahunt's cry.

as he spat half a kebab down his Armani tie.

What a day Jims had, his heid is fleein'

Out on the swally wi Northernsoul, Fred and Ian.

lying on his bed, breath stinks of chips beer n fags.

But what a day he had, in the Star wi the Jags!

Edited by potty trained

• Members

I'm guessing you're not the songwriter with your band big yin! :D

Only joking, that was quite good.

Another DEEPLY inspirational piece, big man, you are IN THE DRAW! ALSO, it's REMARKABLY accurate for a legendary Delahunt night out with Hateley. Were you, per chance, the bloke we met down TENNENTS one fateful evening who DEMANDED that we all jump in fast black and head to the Polo Lounge for an evening of trials, tribulations and TECHNOLOGY? It was a valiant offer, but if I remember rightly, we had an evening of passion arranged down at the Stand to watch Chico Charnley's latest stand up routine. IF you are the LUCKY winner, Jim Delahunt will allow you to choose one of what will undoubtedly be MANY venues for our BIG NIGHT OUT! An honour only usual bestowed upon tried and trusted members of the MEDIA! Phwoar!