Centenary Fund March Draw

MerryHell

Any chance of getting the 'One Thistle' group to oversee the running of the Centenary Fund?

March draw two weeks late and counting - and not for the first time.

Not that i'm expecting to win anything, but if the club expect us to 'donate' funds in this way then the very least they could do is to run it efficiently.

I hate posting negative sh;t, but this has to be one of the worst run things at Thistle right now.

Fix!

I noticed at Kirkcaldy a few weeks ago that their prize draw was for several thousand pounds. Rather better than a top prize of 250 quid. But it was a lottery rather than just a prize draw. I really do think that the Jags should look into setting up some kind of lottery like they have in Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline.......

Fix!

I noticed at Kirkcaldy a few weeks ago that their prize draw was for several thousand pounds. Rather better than a top prize of 250 quid. But it was a lottery rather than just a prize draw. I really do think that the Jags should look into setting up some kind of lottery like they have in Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline.......

There is a car twice a year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any chance of getting the 'One Thistle' group to oversee the running of the Centenary Fund?

March draw two weeks late and counting - and not for the first time.

Not that i'm expecting to win anything, but if the club expect us to 'donate' funds in this way then the very least they could do is to run it efficiently.

I hate posting negative sh;t, but this has to be one of the worst run things at Thistle right now.

I have to agree with this, there has been a vast improvement in most areas at the club but this one thing lets those currently in charge down. With the loss of the Warriors' income increasing the amount of revenue generated through the main fundraising vehicle would be something that I would have thought would have been a priority but it appears not.

Eddie Prentice still running it?

I don't know but the lateness of the results and the lack of marketing certainly show his fingerprints. If he is not then that is worse in my opinion since those presently in day to day charge should be looking to maximise the revenue generated through this.

• Members

It's up to Eddie to send out prizes etc, so I would say so.

Yeah had it confirmed that he is still running it. Until such times that is run as well as the two old fans run fundraisers, I think I'll keep my money in my pocket. No confidence in it at all.

Yeah had it confirmed that he is still running it. Until such times that is run as well as the two old fans run fundraisers, I think I'll keep my money in my pocket. No confidence in it at all.

I know where you're coming from, Will. My own view is that it's the only game in town is difficult to defend.

I was a paid up 1876 Club punter who reluctantly transferred over mainly due to the continuity aspect. I'm not personally that concerned when the draw takes place but I'm uncomfortable that the mechanics of what let's face it is just a raffle is carried out in such a manner of indifference.

I'm not going to cancel my £10 a month due to amateurism but there's no way I'm thinking of going gold and doubling it, I can thus only assume that a largish percentage of the rank and file support are similar minded.

I don't know if the Centenary Fund comes under the 'OneThistle' remit but if it does I hope the stagnation of what should be a simple operation is looked into pronto.

I know where you're coming from, Will. My own view is that it's the only game in town is difficult to defend.

I was a paid up 1876 Club punter who reluctantly transferred over mainly due to the continuity aspect. I'm not personally that concerned when the draw takes place but I'm uncomfortable that the mechanics of what let's face it is just a raffle is carried out in such a manner of indifference.

I'm not going to cancel my £10 a month due to amateurism but there's no way I'm thinking of going gold and doubling it, I can thus only assume that a largish percentage of the rank and file support are similar minded.

I don't know if the Centenary Fund comes under the 'OneThistle' remit but if it does I hope the stagnation of what should be a simple operation is looked into pronto.

My thoughts exactly...in fact, I'll go as far as to say I'll increase my Silver to Gold if OneThistle take it over and run it efficiently. Doesn't even need to be OneThistle, just not Prentice as he has shown to be incompetent for long enough. Timescales (i.e. the draw being done when it's supposed to and prizes being sent out/available for collection sooner) and the actual prizes being better (including some that would be attractive to non-Thistle fans to maximise this as much as we can) seem simple enough to me.

Agree with the two posters above, something of this importance should not be left to someone who cannot commit the time and effort to it. There were plans to have a new fundraising initiative that would work in conjuction with the Centenary Fund (David Beattie made several references to this in his programme notes during the season) but for whatever reason this has not taken place.

If anything that is said here gets back to the club then I sincerely hope that the need for a complete rethink of how the Centenary Fund is run gets back to them.

• Members

It never seems to be promoted anymore either. I think pre-season would be a good time for a re-launch. I also wonder how many shares the JagsTrust have benefitted by since they signed the 1876 Club over? Have they ever received any?

And as an aside, I wonder how the vote would go now with the benefit of hindsight? Is there anyone on the forum that voted for the change to the new Centenary fund that would like to give us theiropinion on this?

And as an aside, I wonder how the vote would go now with the benefit of hindsight? Is there anyone on the forum that voted for the change to the new Centenary fund that would like to give us theiropinion on this?

Another question you could ask might be along the lines of how many of the folk that voted against the 1876 Club that night have attended any fans meetings since then or coming to think of it, meetings immediately before that night.

That said the leap of faith aspect shouldn't be an issue. It's only a feckin' raffle after all.