Proposed Move Of Singing Section

ian_mac

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No under 12s would be good. I just hate screeching children which for the last few weeks has been the case. It really grates on me. Kids need to be accompanied by an adult and no under 12s would be fine - but how do you prove a kid is under 12 or over 12? You can't really. Kids only if with parents if you really need kids. However I love the idea of no kids though!

Great idea really - hopefully it will happen! :)

The issue regarding under 16s is something we can discuss, most definitely. Compromising on no under 12s is something that I personally wouldn't have a problem with. But that's just my own view.

Also, we discussed trialling it before the end of the season, but I wouldn't want anything to be half arsed, and I think we could do with the whole summer to fine tune the idea, and also to allow proper time to plan this properly. Things like this should not be rolled out in dribs and drabs, anyone who's studied marketing at a basic level would agree with this.

So I personally think it should be as of next season, to capitalise on the traditional start of season optimism.

Edited by ian_mac

Much prefer watching games from the side of the park rather than behind the goals, but this is as good a compromise as we could realistically expect I guess. A couple of thoughts on the discussion so far; under 16s should perhaps be reduced to under 12s but with the proviso that 13 to 16 year olds are charged a fiver each (surely Jags fans wouldn't try to abuse that like away fans do with the kids go free initiative). Secondly, if we are giving the stand an official name then it must be The John (Johnnie?) Lambie Shed imo.

Was it not the case that the north end was the original home end (or at least the unofficial home end pre-segregation) in bygone day? M'Lady, someone of your vintage would surely know the answer to this ;)

Dont know about it previously being a home end, but it was where my grandad and dad stood, and where i stood for my "first" game.

Im not sure about the name: The Shed. Still seems a bit corny.

I like The Northbank... But id settle for... We're the Northbank, shed boys!

I quite like naming it officially after John Lambie. It would be great to have him out on the pitch to "open" the stand, next season hearing Johnny Lambie's Red & Yellow Army sung from it!

Would we be able to get season tickets for the North Stand?

Yes, there will be.

On a side note,

There was a flyer available at the ground on Saturday, which i believe came under the "One Thistle" banner, discussing season tickets, with a message from Maxi. It would seem that the fans have been listenned to and a more pro active approach to selling season tickets earlier, will take place this year.

This is great idea, personally I prefer to sit at the side of the pitch for the better view but I’ll move over. A few things to add to what has already been said.

A smoking section is a must, it can easily be accommodated between the stand and the turnstyles and there is no need to have to open doors and let people out or anything so there really is no excuse for not having one, even if it is a wee fenced off bit out of view.

If that pie thread on P&B from last season is anything to go by they could do with sprucing up the catering back there, we are home fans after all.

The stand should be renamed, how about an online poll on the official site or something? John Lambie Stand/Shed for me.

Do not trial it at the end of this season, it needs to hit the ground running and everyone is always up for the start of the season, lets be honest the Falkirk game could very well see 20 people in there not making a peep. Maybe hand out flyers or put posters up in the JH for the remaining games making folk aware of the change for the start of next season.

Not sure where I stand on the age issue, I’m sure some 14-16 year olds would want to be in there but there has to be a line drawn somewhere to stop it being a crèche.

If it is essentially an adult only stand how about pushing for a booze license for it and putting it forward for trial runs with the government/council/police?

This is great idea, personally I prefer to sit at the side of the pitch for the better view but I’ll move over. A few things to add to what has already been said.

A smoking section is a must, it can easily be accommodated between the stand and the turnstyles and there is no need to have to open doors and let people out or anything so there really is no excuse for not having one, even if it is a wee fenced off bit out of view.

If that pie thread on P&B from last season is anything to go by they could do with sprucing up the catering back there, we are home fans after all.

The stand should be renamed, how about an online poll on the official site or something? John Lambie Stand/Shed for me.

Do not trial it at the end of this season, it needs to hit the ground running and everyone is always up for the start of the season, lets be honest the Falkirk game could very well see 20 people in there not making a peep. Maybe hand out flyers or put posters up in the JH for the remaining games making folk aware of the change for the start of next season.

Not sure where I stand on the age issue, I’m sure some 14-16 year olds would want to be in there but there has to be a line drawn somewhere to stop it being a crèche.

If it is essentially an adult only stand how about pushing for a booze license for it and putting it forward for trial runs with the government/council/police?

All great point Ubertrance, although lets be realistic, there is going to be next to no chance of there being alcohol being sold, the old firm have put paid to that EVER taking place in Glasgow.

not even 24 hours, 62 posts and a lot of positive feedback has got me buzzing about this!

Just to say, everyone who has raised issues from smoking to age restrictions, to home/away fans, you name it.... everythng has been collated, and will be dealt with over the next few weeks.

i say few weeks as obviously external parties like the council and the police will need to be liased with. something that Ian and I will be involved in.

Hold tight and keep the ideas coming.

Dave.J

• Members

Was it not the case that the north end was the original home end (or at least the unofficial home end pre-segregation) in bygone day? M'Lady, someone of your vintage would surely know the answer to this ;)

Pre segregation, I don't know about anyone else, but I used to move ends to whatever end Thistle were shooting in at. The fans of both Clubs as a rule generally mixed in together.

Pre segregation, I don't know about anyone else, but I used to move ends to whatever end Thistle were shooting in at. The fans of both Clubs as a rule generally mixed in together.

Would this have still been the case in the early 80s Will? I have very vague memories of standing on the terracing at the North End when I was very young, so maybe my auld man done the same.

So, some people want to be able to smoke in the stand, some people want to be able to take booze into the ground, some people would like to take in flares and fireworks, some people would like to see children banned......

Can I just add........

if we're turning the clock back to the 50s,.......

Nae women?

:innocent2:

• Members

Would this have still been the case in the early 80s Will? I have very vague memories of standing on the terracing at the North End when I was very young, so maybe my auld man done the same.

From the early 70's right up to full segregation it's what I and many others used to do. You'd wlk round behind the Old Firhill shed through the rivers of pish. (The back of the shed was the toilet in those days!)

So, some people want to be able to smoke in the stand, some people want to be able to take booze into the ground, some people would like to take in flares and fireworks, some people would like to see children banned......

Can I just add........

if we're turning the clock back to the 50s,.......

Nae women?

:innocent2:

Good call! With the return of having a wee swally it would be ungentlemanly to just whip it oot and have a slash into an empty beer can like days of old. So to avoid embarrassing the ladies it would be best all round if they stayed at home and got the tea ready

All great point Ubertrance, although lets be realistic, there is going to be next to no chance of there being alcohol being sold, the old firm have put paid to that EVER taking place in Glasgow.

The chances are slim but Beattie was banging on about bringing it back recently was he not? This now gives us the perfect place to try it, in a new stand with no kids, so if he was serious about wanting it let's get lobbying the relevent people and tell them we will trial it at Firhill for a year in this one stand.

The chances are slim but Beattie was banging on about bringing it back recently was he not? This now gives us the perfect place to try it, in a new stand with no kids, so if he was serious about wanting it let's get lobbying the relevent people and tell them we will trial it at Firhill for a year in this one stand.

Tell you what big man, you are on to something here!

If the shed was the only stand in Scotland selling booze I'm sure we would have no trouble filling it!