Mark Roberts

1 John Lambie

good luck to him, hopefully he'll do a paul hartley and get promotion in his first season. i thought ayr would win the playoffs no problem but it sounds as though airdrie gave them a doing over the 2 games, i think airdrie had a goal disallowed and missed a pen in the first game aswell.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Just spoke with his old man, and he is a very very happy man. Sent Marko a message and he says He will be player manager.

Good luck matey

Can't believe you are still hassling him!

Never struck me as a possible manager, too much a nutter! Do you see him being able to discipline players etc when he needs to? Thought he'd make a good assistant maybe but didn't see management in his future. Hope he does well of course I loved Marko at Firhill.

Perhaps as he knew he'd be finishing his career with Ayr he's been more level headed since he arrived there. Being the 'old man' in the squad he was probably asked to be more of a role model to younger players too. All guesses of course, but I don't think he would have got the job if he was still a nutter.

Yeah you're probably right, he must look after himself well he still looks in good shape for 36 yr old or whatever age he is. Good luck to him, be great to have the hoor back at the Jags in some capacity in the future, maybe as Jackie's understudy to train him up to replace him before he leaves to replace Sir Alex!

I wish Marko all the very very best in this and any venture which he undertakes in the future. I have an enomous amount of respect for this latter day Thistle legend. I have an equal amount of gratitude to the man for his contribution to our club at, arguably, the most critical point our club has been at since STJ.

Mark Roberts: a Thistle hero and legend. May fortune shine on you always, Marko.

Never struck me as a possible manager, too much a nutter! Do you see him being able to discipline players etc when he needs to? Thought he'd make a good assistant maybe but didn't see management in his future. Hope he does well of course I loved Marko at Firhill.

There's also the case of McCoist elevation from team joker to manager over Govan way.