European(Champions League!) Cup Final

stillresigned

Five minutes to go in the first half is it only who thinks its rubbish. Certainly only one team trying to entertain and that ain't Chelsea. Considering who much money they have their concept of attacking football is less than a wholesale endorsement of free flowing football.

To exacerbate Bayern although willing do not seem particularly gifted int hat department either. What annoys me worse is listening to biased commentators and pundits telling us what a great game this is.

after chelsea beat barca i was glad as i was getting a bit fed up of all the barca hype, but after 80 mins i was wishing they were in the final for some entertainment. it was a terrible game for the first 80, i dont see what the big deal was with bayern to make them such strong faves, robben and ribery are 2 of the most overrated players, gomez and schweinshagger werent as influential as I thought they would be. the only thing that annoyed me was that total b4wsack of a man Terry barging his way up the stairs, pushing Luiz and bosingwa out the way to get in the middle of the players to lift the trophy up, he should have just stood at the end and waited and lifted the trophy and earned a bit of respect but it was all about him, even the cameras kept zooming in after every chance to see what his reaction was. I hope he gets slated in the press for it, fair enough if he had of get sent off incorrectly or was injured but after his antics in the Nou Camp big Luiz should have stuck the perm on him.

Pub I was in to watch it was full of H^n glory hunters giving it God save our queen and all that when Chelsea won. I don't mind folk taking a side to make it interesting but it was really way over the top. At one point a fight broke out and when the polis arrived later on the place was closed early.

I'd no feelings for either side but disappointed in the game. To some extent Bayern only had themselves to blame though sorry a negative side won it (not for the first time mind you).

Had a feeling Chelsea's name was on the trophy after the semi, knew it after Cech saved Robben's pen. Bayern should have won comfortably and would have done if Gomez hadn't bottled it on the big stage. He should have taken at least 1 of the 3 very good chances he had in the 1st half.

Have no time for Chelsea and didn't enjoy the way they played tonight, but it was understandable given that they were protecting 2 half fit centre halfs, so good luck to them. Ridiculous to see Terry tearing on to the pitch at the end in his kit though. I didn't spot it but someone suggested he even had shin pads on!! A dignified leader would have stood back and let the team that won the trophy accept the plaudits but as usual with Terry it's all about him. He should have followed Keane and Scholes example from 1999.

While they won't care tonight, in a funny way the result might stunt Chelsea's progress because they'll be tempted to stick with the likes of Terry, Lampard and Drogba when they really should be replacing them. Drogba has been immense in the big games for them this season, but hasn't turned up otherwise. You also wonder how much longer Abramovich will stay interested now that he's realised his dream.

the only thing that annoyed me was that total b4wsack of a man Terry barging his way up the stairs, pushing Luiz and bosingwa out the way to get in the middle of the players to lift the trophy up, he should have just stood at the end and waited and lifted the trophy and earned a bit of respect but it was all about him, even the cameras kept zooming in after every chance to see what his reaction was. I hope he gets slated in the press for it, fair enough if he had of get sent off incorrectly or was injured but after his antics in the Nou Camp big Luiz should have stuck the perm on him.

Couldnt agree more and why did he get a medal?? Hate Terry with a vengeance. Disgrace that he took the moment away from Lampard

I was pleased for Roberto Di Matteo. He turned round an ageing team that was sliding down the league and facing an exit from the Champions League. His coaches got the Chelsea defence (that had been giving away silly goals away under Villas Boas) organised, disciplined (except Terry of course) and focused.

Luiz looks a different player, so much so that Barcelona are reported to be interested in signing him. Bosingwa also looks a different player. Drogba cut out the theatrics last night and was fantastic despite giving the penalty away. Lampard was the weak link midfield and Mata (having played so many games) looked tired.

If RDM does not get the job, the morale in the dressing could plummet again. The new manager will need to replace a few players (Terry, Lampard, Essien and Drogba) and strengthen the squad (especially a playmaker). With the right manager and enough investment, Chelsea could be challengers again next season.

If RDM does not get the job, the morale in the dressing could plummet again. The new manager will need to replace a few players (Terry, Lampard, Essien and Drogba) and strengthen the squad (especially a playmaker). With the right manager and enough investment, Chelsea could be challengers again next season.

Maybe they'll sign Di Cairneyo for midfield. If ever a team has had its name on the Cup from the start, it's Chelsea this year. They've had some kind of divine protection from above. Can't see them doing it again next year.

• Members

the only thing that annoyed me was that total b4wsack of a man Terry barging his way up the stairs, pushing Luiz and bosingwa out the way to get in the middle of the players to lift the trophy up,

Hmmm, I took it as he was Club Captain it was probably pre-arranged that he and Lampard (Captain for the night) would lft the trophy together. I felt both Lampard and Terry were trying to get their team mates out the way so that their fans could see them lift the trophy. That aside, I don't think any of the suspended players should have been allowed in the presentation party. Fair enough they probably deserve a medal for their part over the whole tourneament, but they shouldn't have been given it with the playing squad of the night.

Yeah champions of europe but not england how wrong is that

In it to win it and we did, get it round you all. Lol. C'mon the Blues. The look on my wee lads face will only be bettered when The Jags lift a trophy. well chuffed.

That's just the way it is now. The idealist in me would love the European Cup to go back to how it used to be, 1 club per country, + 2 legged games, but the sponsors will never go for that so we're stuck with it it's current format forever more now I'm afraid.

Personally, I was pleased to see the likes of Cech + Lampard win it, they've been great pro's and had good careers, so they deserve it. Aye, they aren't much fun to watch, but they did what they had to do to win it. I know if I was a Chelsea fan, I wouldn't give a damn how they done it. You think Greece fans were moaning after 2008?

Terry is a tit, the regret he must feel now will be unbelievable. If I was Drogba I'd leave, how many players get to go out like that? Scored late equaliser to force extra time, and scored winning penalty. Leave now, you'll never top that, go out a legend.

Followed Aston Villa for over 40 years. It is the 30 years since we beat Bayern Munich in the European Cup Final. It didn't bother me at the time that they outplayed us on the night and there is no reason it should bother Chelsea fans now. They are champions of Europe and should bloody well enjoy the fact.

Edited by Muscat Jag

In it to win it and we did, get it round you all. Lol. C'mon the Blues. The look on my wee lads face will only be bettered when The Jags lift a trophy. well chuffed.

Wasnt havin a go at chelsea just pointin out the futility of callin it the champions league

I'm sure we all think the name "Champions League " is the wrong name but i like the format. It was a poor final, I'm sure no Chelsea fan will complain about that though. Bayern were their own worst enemy, had enough chances to win 5 games. Chelsea played to their strength even though it was painful to watch.

i wasn't the least bit bothered Liverpool were not english champions were they won in 05, so i think it's unfair to have a go at chelsea for not being english champions now........maybe there is something to be said for finishing 5th !

Drogba running about at the end with the cup in his hands proved it once and for all......................he actually can stay on his feet!

I am sad because I hate Chelsea, Rangers, and Linfield. In addition, Spurs cannot play in the Champions League because of Chelsea's win. I was hoping that Borussia Dortmund's Kagawa (Japan's international) will make a big impact at Spurs.

And I am against the penalty shoot-out in the final. The CL Final is the last game of the season. Therefore, there is no need for considering player's stamina. Firstly 15-mins half extra-time, then 10-mins half, then 5-mins half, and repeat 5-mins half until the game is decided.