The Scottish & Ramsden's Cups - A Cynic's View

CCjag

Surely the Beeb have got it wrong in their article "Scottish Cup adds preliminary round for season 2012/13"

Aren't there three new teams (assuming one isn't lobbed out of the Cup for crimes and misdemeanours)?

Formartine United, Turrif United and Govan United.

If the last named are allowed entry to the SFA, and not banned from The Cup, they must surely join the Highland League teams in the new preliminary round, or might they get a bye???

Meanwhile, The Daily Ranger (and is another name change imminent there?) and The Scotsman are reporting that if Govan United are granted a place in the SFL, the first round of the Ramsden's Cup might have to be redrawn to accommodate them because of their geographical location!

Should this happen, I wonder which team they might face in an "open" draw if they get an away fixture?

Could it be one with the ground and infrastructure to accommodate such a match, or would it just be the luck of the draw?

Either way, if the situation arises and they are not drawn at home I wouldn't be vastly surprised if the "luck of the draw" brought them to Firhill (where they could expect a "warm" welcome" for their first ever match).

Rules thrown out the window and cup draws manipulated to suit the team formerly know as Prince, sorry Rangers, some things never change!

Edited by CCjag

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see why they need to redraw.

Govan take Stranraer's home tie with Stenny

Stranraer take Airdrie's away tie with Hamilton

Then it gets tricky as we need to move one team from South West to North East. The obvious candidate is East Stirlingshire, so

East Stirlingshire take Dundee's trip to Brechin or Dunfermline's trip to Forfar

Airdrie take East Stirlingshire's home tie with Ayr.

Sorted ...... Although maybe a redraw would be easier !

I don't see why they need to redraw.

Govan take Stranraer's home tie with Stenny

Stranraer take Airdrie's away tie with Hamilton

Then it gets tricky as we need to move one team from South West to North East. The obvious candidate is East Stirlingshire, so

East Stirlingshire take Dundee's trip to Brechin or Dunfermline's trip to Forfar

Airdrie take East Stirlingshire's home tie with Ayr.

Sorted ...... Although maybe a redraw would be easier !

I'd have thought if we're just switching people about, replacing Dundee with Zombie Rangers would make sense. It's not like it's a seeded draw. Although it's regional, these are exceptional circumstances and I don't see why Zombie Rangers can't just play Brechin.

Should Sevco be allowed into the Ramsdens cup? I feel there may be a conflict of interest as both Sir Craig Whyte and Chuck Green have both been spotted at the argylle street branch with increasing regularity over the last few months.....

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know where else to put this, but absolutely raging at Green on the radio right now, claiming basically that everyone else in Scottish football are bigots for wanting to see the team that went bust get their just desserts. How dare he?!?

did you see the interview with the other guy malcolm murray, hes a pr1ck aswell. didn't think I could hate Ian Black any more until I seen him in the Rangers strip, Scottish cup winner in his last competitive match and now playing here with the bigots, would love to see him hawfed into the terracing .

Gotta say I've been very impressed with rangers today. Playing away to a team a league above is never easy. Thoroughly deserved to go in at half time drawing.

To be fair the difference in ability s is becoming obvious, I doubt he Rangers will be able to hold on for extra time and penalties!

Edited by stillresigned