Onethistle - Is The Project Finished Already?

ClydebankJag

I wanted to separate and highlight the communications of Jordanhill Jag regarding the 'One Thistle' project. The reason I do this is because I believe from the postings on here that Jordanhill Jag was a core individual in the project, taking a lead role, indeed he was the person who said (in the Meet the Board Night thread)

HOWEVER if it develops into a real decision onethistle are responsible for fan communications and yes they would be pushing for a meet the Board night (and more) in this instance.

He certainly put forward that he was part of the project when in the same thread he said;

The group was formed primarly to improve various aspects like Marketing and Matchday Experience it would be unfortunate if we were dragged into the crossfire of Newco when all we are trying to be is supportive of the Club and its Fans.

In the Fans Ownership thread he said on just the 23rd June

the Board have however given a large chunk of the running of the Club over top onethistle - this is in its infancy but will develop as it does its influence in the running of PTFC will grow and at sometime in the future fans will run PTFC

This was just 1 week ago but today he stated;

onethistle is going no where simple fact

So can anyone else from One Thistle come out and tell us if this is a viable project we should be supporting or if, as JJ has stated, it is going nowhere? The reason I ask is that I am fed up of buying into Thistle projects only to discover they are run for a few months and at the end I have nothing to show for it other than another direct debit to some part of PTFC.

I am aware that JJ was offering his own opinion on the Newco proposals (and I don't seek to discuss that here at all) HOWEVER his comments on One Thistle when he sits within the core of the project are alarming. For One Thistle to get support from the fans in the future we need to know that the people within the organisation are committed to the project - if they aren't then how can the fans be expected to buy into the project?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not currently part of the OneThistle initiative, but I believe it offers a way forward to fan involvement in creating a better experience at Firhill. JJ has some really good ideas.

I suspect any reticence on his part is simply reflective of the fact that OneThistle don't want to get drawn into the politics that have dogged the Jags Trust; also, that JJ still has to get the Club Board to fully accept the positive role that OneThistle can play.

Knowing some of the OT people involved, I'd say give it a chance to develop over the next 2-3 months.

As well as JJ, the only other two i can recall publically fixing their name to the OT team, was ian_mac and potty trained dj.

Be interested to hear their (and any other OT members) views on Sevco SFL1 parachute proposal, or what they think should happen to TTFKARFC, their opinions on how DB/PTFC has handed things so far, and what they believe should happen in coming day(s).

Monkey, I think the situation is more complex than that. JJ has never indicated unequivocal backing for the Club Board.

As I understand things, it's about OneThistle getting fans involved in determining not only the quality of the Firhill experience but the long term sustainability of the Club.

As i say, im not involved but I'm prepared to give it a chance to make a difference

I think Football has no integrity whatsoever , voting No gets a warm feeling for all of 5 minutes and we return to the same mundane first Division of meaningless games - so Im accepting the reality - Im not pretending on any level that the people running Football or are involved in it give a toss about it,Rangers are the worst example but Im pretty sure Clubs up and down the Country will not stand up to close scrutiny.

I have pointed out our own misdeameanours in the recent past ,sure its not to the scale of Rangers but it in my opinion certianly doesnt give us the moral higher ground.

Figures of 100% are against it are dangerous - we dont know that ,statements like the majority will walk away - we dont know that - what we do no is that reasoned debate isnt going to happen ,looking at pros and cons of whats on offer isnt going to happen ,balancing up the potential benefits isnt going to happen,looking at the downside of a no vote ,what we do know is that anyone pointing out that there may be potential for change will be shouted down

I have long argued for fans running there Club ,I have been polite and put forward a reasoned arguement in response I have recieved not one solid proposal as to how to increase our fan base , you have asked for resignations ,onethistle was an idea - it has met stiff resistance and is has struggled to establish itself, so there is nothing to resign from.

It is a real struggle to get people to do work for the Club ,but as soon as we have something to protest about and stand on our moral high horse we have lots of time and energy.

Our Club has been run into the ground - a small group included yourself have fought this so I accept you have the right to challenge my stance , but where was everyone else when we emptied the stands ,where was everyone else when we ran up massive debts ,where was everyone else as the lifeblood was squeezed from us.But Newco appear and we all suddenly get some moral fibre

I have fought this on every level ,I have put far too much time ,money and effort in over the years - to this day I put more money into PTFC than any sitting Director - onethistle is going no where simple fact ,neither is the Club so we can have our protests ,our no vote ,people can even have a pop at me and demand I "resign" fine ,then what ,please tell me there is a plan.

Emm - how about some context? I read "going nowhere" as meaning they're not going to disappear any time soon.

That enough for you?

From my point of view, the newco situation has changed everything. Had the club come out straight away and declared their opposition, then I would have stepped up my involvement for sure.

As it stands I think myself and Dave are in limbo somewhat. We were brought in at the invitation of Jim, and if he isn't involved then I don't see how we can be. Obviously Dave can speak for himself but I'd be surprised if his thinking wasn't along these lines as well.

Our main thing was the move to the north stand, when we first proposed this we got a great reaction and I was excited about the new season.

Aside from newco, things have happened at the club over the summer which has made it extremely difficult for the one thistle team to operate, but this is just my opinion. I'm sure there will be more to come on this.

To answer the original post, in short I don't know what will become of one thistle. What I do know is that it is a great opportunity for the fans and the club, and if Jim perseveres with it then so will I.

Aside from newco, things have happened at the club over the summer which has made it extremely difficult for the one thistle team to operate, but this is just my opinion. I'm sure there will be more to come on this.

Can you elaborate on this?

Our main thing was the move to the north stand, when we first proposed this we got a great reaction and I was excited about the new season.

Is this happening? Funny thing football, a few weeks ago, I was all excited about a new season, a decent thistle side and home stand with no children with maybe a decent atmosphere! Now look at us - all sqaubling over Sevco!

One Thistle - how long did that last? It first appeared on ptfc on the 20th March - owell well done you lasted about 3 months ish! :)!

Is this happening? Funny thing football, a few weeks ago, I was all excited about a new season, a decent thistle side and home stand with no children with maybe a decent atmosphere! Now look at us - all sqaubling over Sevco!

One Thistle - how long did that last? It first appeared on ptfc on the 20th March - owell well done you lasted about 3 months ish! :)!

Very easy to be cynical. I wouldn't say it's dead in the water yet as we still have over a month to get it together.

But if newco get wedged in division 1 I wouldn't expect it to happen - there will be so little people at home matches - we could ALL fit in to the north stand.

That enough for you?

so the context says there is a general decline in scottish football and partick thistle specificly and that onethistle is no sufficient to change that alone? Hows that a controversial opinion?, im sure thats the one most people would hold..

so the context says there is a general decline in scottish football and partick thistle specificly and that onethistle is no sufficient to change that alone? Hows that a controversial opinion?, im sure thats the one most people would hold..

Whoa! Not having that.

The poster asked for context as she took it differently.

& I would add having 'discussed' the situation re newco with Jordanhill Jag on here this morning that was my reading also, namely that onethistle was already dead in the water.

You may have the same opinion of him re Newco & that's your prerogative & said to JJ this morning healthy discussion & differing viewpoints are allowed as we live in a democracy.

****sakes, does nobody get the distinction between one person having a personal view and a group having a collective position?

Anyone is entitled to their opinion re Newco. What I am asking about is the comment from the 'unofficial spokesman' of One Thistle that it is going nowhere already. Surely as someone who has taken a lead role in One Thistle he cannot make throwaway comments like that and expect it to go unchallenged?

Thanks to IanMac for giving some more info.

Edited by ClydebankJag

As well as JJ, the only other two i can recall publically fixing their name to the OT team, was ian_mac and potty trained dj.

Be interested to hear their (and any other OT members) views on Sevco SFL1 parachute proposal, or what they think should happen to TTFKARFC, their opinions on how DB/PTFC has handed things so far, and what they believe should happen in coming day(s).

Ok here goes...

Anyone who follows me on twitter will probably know my opinion as I've not be shy in discussing it. I want these cheats punished. Since Murray walked into Ibrox, they have cheated by so many different means... Nearly 30 years they have been at it.

I think thistle should make a statement now, about how they will vote, yes or no.

My opinion is that thistle will vote yes and that the club are up to their eyeballs in this, that they have probably been in discussions with other clubs, and boards of the associations for more than just the 10 or so days this has been in the open. I'd say this has been a plan for a month or so.

The SPL teams have tried to play their fans with the "we'll vote NO" bullsh!t... As we now find the SPL teams want them back in 12 months.

If you read beattie's interviews last week in the Glasgow papers, he can be quoted as giving his long term ideal position for thistle, he even uses the name SPL2 to describe where he wants us to be... Low and behold, a week later the associations plans are published, and beatties dream mirrors the publication. Spook that eh?

I think the new co must start next season either without league membership, or in the 3rd division. If they start in the first, I will not be back at Firhill again.

Ian has mentioned things going on within the club, as he said, there's a thread running onthat issue. I'll leave it at that just now,

When the one thistle group was first touted, as can be seen on here in a thread, I was very cynical, I saw it as the club basically trying to get the fans to do Ami's job. But, having met up with Jim and lance, I can say that I wanted to help with the move, and anything else I could (you may have seen me kicking about the pitch in Archie day).

As for where does OneThistle go now? That's down to the fans. Over the last 5-10 years it has pretty much been the same faces who get involved with stuff.

Look at Ian and I who have helped with every fan/flag/shed day there has been. I'm 36 years old in a few weeks, Ian's not far behind me... And yet we are the "voice of the shed" apparently? Why in gods name is there no young folk wanting to get involved?

The fact tho that we are having so many discussions about onethistle just proves the jags trust are finished.

Ok here goes...

Anyone who follows me on twitter will probably know my opinion as I've not be shy in discussing it. I want these cheats punished. Since Murray walked into Ibrox, they have cheated by so many different means... Nearly 30 years they have been at it.

I think thistle should make a statement now, about how they will vote, yes or no.

My opinion is that thistle will vote yes and that the club are up to their eyeballs in this, that they have probably been in discussions with other clubs, and boards of the associations for more than just the 10 or so days this has been in the open. I'd say this has been a plan for a month or so.

The SPL teams have tried to play their fans with the "we'll vote NO" bullsh!t... As we now find the SPL teams want them back in 12 months.

If you read beattie's interviews last week in the Glasgow papers, he can be quoted as giving his long term ideal position for thistle, he even uses the name SPL2 to describe where he wants us to be... Low and behold, a week later the associations plans are published, and beatties dream mirrors the publication. Spook that eh?

I think the new co must start next season either without league membership, or in the 3rd division. If they start in the first, I will not be back at Firhill again.

Ian has mentioned things going on within the club, as he said, there's a thread running onthat issue. I'll leave it at that just now,

When the one thistle group was first touted, as can be seen on here in a thread, I was very cynical, I saw it as the club basically trying to get the fans to do Ami's job. But, having met up with Jim and lance, I can say that I wanted to help with the move, and anything else I could (you may have seen me kicking about the pitch in Archie day).

As for where does OneThistle go now? That's down to the fans. Over the last 5-10 years it has pretty much been the same faces who get involved with stuff.

Look at Ian and I who have helped with every fan/flag/shed day there has been. I'm 36 years old in a few weeks, Ian's not far behind me... And yet we are the "voice of the shed" apparently? Why in gods name is there no young folk wanting to get involved?

The fact tho that we are having so many discussions about onethistle just proves the jags trust are finished.

Thanks for the response PT (and IM). Your honesty is noted and appreciated. Enlightening on many fronts. What will happen next in Thistlenders? boom boom boom .....

Jesus Christ I never knew Dave was so old :frantic:

My understanding of One Thistle was it was a lose term for fans who wanted to get involved a bit and make going to games more enjoyable (obvious example being the North Stand next season). I dont know how many are involved but I do know the 2 involved who have commented on this thread. Given our clubs apparent stance on Zombie Rangers I'm not surprised it is dying on it's arse. Because frankly Thistle and Mr Beattie can go **** themselves if they are in anyway involved in Sevco getting into Division 1. And were I involved in it in anyway I'd be doing sod all until Beattie gets his head out his arse and listens to his 'customers'.