Onethistle - Is The Project Finished Already?

ClydebankJag

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another tack - take your pick...........

Get Up Stand Up - Bob Marley and the Wailers

All revved up and no place to go - Meatloaf

Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey - Beatles

A Lil' Ain't Enough - Dave Lee Roth

No Particular Place To Go - Chuck Berry

Go Now - Moody Blues

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue - Bob Dylan

Your latest trick - Dire Staits

You Ain't Going Nowhere - The Byrds

That's No Way To Get Along - Eric Clapton

Money can't buy it - Annie Lennox

Smells Like Funk - The Black Eyed Peas

Should've said No - Taylor Swift

The Long Way Home - Norah Jones

Lines in the Sand - Dream Theater

Your Cash Ain't Nothin' But Trash - Huey Lewis and The News

No Can Do - Mark Knopfler

I Don't Even Know Your Name - Alan Jackson

Another One Bites The Dust - Queen (even she has turned!)

You Can't Do That - Beatles

No Remorse - Metallica

Very sad that one thistle is getting accused of being a "closed shop" by some people on here, who I would have expected better of.

Has anyone who put their name forward been ignored or knocked back? To my knowledge the answer to that is no, so I don't know how anyone can say it's a closed shop. If I thought for one minute it was, I would not have got involved.

Seems to me that some people have taken the huff because they weren't one of the ones "approached".

This really won't help the initiative get off the ground at all, so thanks lads, big help here.

Jeezo, you take negative feedback well :rolleyes: . See my post in response to PT for an explanation from my point of view (just incase Im one of those in a huff).

You're on the wind up, right?

My timing of the new thread was based on folk feeling they weren't being included in any north stand move discussions, as mentioned on another thread by Stephen H inparticular.... as soon as they highlighted this, i started the thread... people feel they dont have a means to offer their services, so now i'm damned for starting a thread for folk to post in if they want to be involved?

That was in response to your 'voice of the shed' comment (and I appreciate that's maybe an unfair label attached to you by some...funny that its the same 'some' who had an issue with certain other volunteers a couple of seasons ago). Anyway, I for one aint in a huff, wasnt having a go about 'not being included' just wasnt gona let that comment go without stating a few facts. So, why was the North Stand thing a done deal before anyone was aware of it?

Jeezo, you take negative feedback well :rolleyes: . See my post in response to PT for an explanation from my point of view (just incase Im one of those in a huff).

That was in response to your 'voice of the shed' comment (and I appreciate that's maybe an unfair label attached to you by some...funny that its the same 'some' who had an issue with certain other volunteers a couple of seasons ago). Anyway, I for one aint in a huff, wasnt having a go about 'not being included' just wasnt gona let that comment go without stating a few facts. So, why was the North Stand thing a done deal before anyone was aware of it?

no, i know you're not in a huff, mate and weren't having a go...

i'm sure the majority of what you need to know was discussed on here:

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/5685-proposed-move-of-singing-section/page__hl__%2Bnorth+%2Bstand__fromsearch__1

if not, and bearing in mind i've not read the above thread in a while... it wasn't a done deal, as such... bear in mind that ian and i met jim/lance/maxxy to discuss the issues with regards to atmosphere in the stadium... it's been an ongoing issue that had been discussed to death on here and around the ground since the singing section was moved from the north end of the JHS...

ian and i came out after the meeting and discussed it during the game with pretty much everyone in "the shed" either before the game or at half time... i'd say we probably made around 50 folk aware that discussions had taken place that day... it was then opened up on here in the above thread, for further discussion...

re "done deal" if the above thread ahad been a negative ball of furry, do you think the move would go ahead? again read through that thread... i would suggest it is(?) going ahead because of the positive discussions on that thread and since...

why were ian and i picked? probably because we have a long association with "the shed"... generating chat around away dayouts ideas like hat day at dundee, beach day at Ayr, away tops day at county.... i.e., we are stupid lads who like to enjoy themselves at the football and create an atmosphere... added on to that, we have always been available to help out with home game ideas like flag day, colours with pride etc... and when approached, were willing to give our time up.

at an infancy stage, it would have been a rable if OneThistle had invited 10 folk from the shed into discussions, therefore the appropriate thing to do is get a couple of folk in, and ask us to take it back to everyone else...

if on the back of that other folk say, thats crackin that you guys are willing to give up the pre match swally, arrive at the ground around 1pm on a saturday to meet with the club and basically change your match day routine to improve things then hats off, can i do that too? ... fact is... it's be onvious that ian and i were involved in the shed move... loads of threads have shown that the likes of jim and lance are involved... the official site shows maxxy and geoff brown as onethistle contacts...

how many PM's do you think i had received before i started that new thread the other day... from folk asking if they could be part of it all?

no, i know you're not in a huff, mate and weren't having a go...

i'm sure the majority of what you need to know was discussed on here:

http://www.wearethis...__fromsearch__1

if not, and bearing in mind i've not read the above thread in a while... it wasn't a done deal, as such... bear in mind that ian and i met jim/lance/maxxy to discuss the issues with regards to atmosphere in the stadium... it's been an ongoing issue that had been discussed to death on here and around the ground since the singing section was moved from the north end of the JHS...

ian and i came out after the meeting and discussed it during the game with pretty much everyone in "the shed" either before the game or at half time... i'd say we probably made around 50 folk aware that discussions had taken place that day... it was then opened up on here in the above thread, for further discussion...

re "done deal" if the above thread ahad been a negative ball of furry, do you think the move would go ahead? again read through that thread... i would suggest it is(?) going ahead because of the positive discussions on that thread and since...

why were ian and i picked? probably because we have a long association with "the shed"... generating chat around away dayouts ideas like hat day at dundee, beach day at Ayr, away tops day at county.... i.e., we are stupid lads who like to enjoy themselves at the football and create an atmosphere... added on to that, we have always been available to help out with home game ideas like flag day, colours with pride etc... and when approached, were willing to give our time up.

at an infancy stage, it would have been a rable if OneThistle had invited 10 folk from the shed into discussions, therefore the appropriate thing to do is get a couple of folk in, and ask us to take it back to everyone else...

if on the back of that other folk say, thats crackin that you guys are willing to give up the pre match swally, arrive at the ground around 1pm on a saturday to meet with the club and basically change your match day routine to improve things then hats off, can i do that too? ... fact is... it's be onvious that ian and i were involved in the shed move... loads of threads have shown that the likes of jim and lance are involved... the official site shows maxxy and geoff brown as onethistle contacts...

how many PM's do you think i had received before i started that new thread the other day... from folk asking if they could be part of it all?

Aw shite, humble pie time I think :blush: . Was that at the last game of the season? Wasn't there so wouldn't have been party to any of that. However, the word was out soon after the thread was started and the season had finished...not really much time to look at suggestions that may have been put/have been put since (like the stuff I mention earlier in the thread). Regardless, sorry for getting my facts wrong re the number of people who discussed this. But no-one asked me, it's just no' fair (canny find an appropriate smiley for this so will just say....JOKE ;) ) .

In regards your last question, can I hazard a guess at none? Now, time for me to put up or and shut up. I'm unlikely to make it to a lot of games at the start of the season but will be back every week as soon as possible, I do intend to move to the North Stand and would be happy to assist in any way I can (disclaimer: this all depends on the conclusion to the Newco situation).

Edited by Steven H

The last couple of comments got me thinking, within our support there will be quite a wide range of musical tastes so could the club use that to generate some additional funds and interest?

Idea - the club select 6 games during the season and in the build up to those games fans can bid to have their choice of music played before kick off and during half time. The highest bidder gets his/her choice of songs played and maybe a bit in the programme explaining their choices whilst the club get a bit of extra cash.

Worth taking forward?

Minus the appropriate (what used to be called) needle time payments for music copyright?

Aw shite, humble pie time I think :blush: . Was that at the last game of the season? Wasn't there so wouldn't have been party to any of that. However, the word was out soon after the thread was started and the season had finished...not really much time to look at suggestions that may have been put/have been put since (like the stuff I mention earlier in the thread). Regardless, sorry for getting my facts wrong re the number of people who discussed this. But no-one asked me, it's just no' fair (canny find an appropriate smiley for this so will just say....JOKE ;) ) .

In regards your last question, can I hazard a guess at none? Now, time for me to put up or and shut up. I'm unlikely to make it to a lot of games at the start of the season but will be back every week as soon as possible, I do intend to move to the North Stand and would be happy to assist in any way I can (disclaimer: this all depends on the conclusion to the Newco situation).

no it was the game against Livi 31/03/12 so was 3rd last home game i think... do you want a spoon for your slice of pie?

Minus the appropriate (what used to be called) needle time payments for music copyright?

Club should have a license for this already so it shouldn't be an additional cost.

I'd be happy to do this. Let's see Emerson, Lake And Palmer - Karn Evil 9 (34 minutes), Transatlantic - The Whirlwind (77 minutes)................

Maybe not.

I'm just catching up with this thread but I'm not sure I can believe what I am reading.

I have had very few brief encounters with those involved in OneThistle, and those whom I have met seem to be some of the most committed and open thistle fans I've ever met. At no point would these guys play the "I'm a better fan than you" card, and they're the type to include people wherever they can.

As PT pointed out, Ian Maxwell has been available to be approached ever since the OneThistle scheme was mooted on the club website. It isn't hard to find the club contact details, the email address and phone number are on the website under 'commercial' (perhaps not the best location but still one of the first you would look at when looking for contact details). I'm sure the club phone number is in the phone book/yellow pages too. Those who use this forum could always have contacted those involved in OneThistle. The whole time it was clear that PT, IM and JJ were involved. If someone wanted to find out more they could always have sent one of them a PM. I don't know if OneThistle was mentioned in the club programme as I never went to any games in the closing stages of the season, however it was in the news at the time. See here and here.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I'm just catching up with this thread but I'm not sure I can believe what I am reading.

I have had very few brief encounters with those involved in OneThistle, and those whom I have met seem to be some of the most committed and open thistle fans I've ever met. At no point would these guys play the "I'm a better fan than you" card, and they're the type to include people wherever they can.

As PT pointed out, Ian Maxwell has been available to be approached ever since the OneThistle scheme was mooted on the club website. It isn't hard to find the club contact details, the email address and phone number are on the website under 'commercial' (perhaps not the best location but still one of the first you would look at when looking for contact details). I'm sure the club phone number is in the phone book/yellow pages too. Those who use this forum could always have contacted those involved in OneThistle. The whole time it was clear that PT, IM and JJ were involved. If someone wanted to find out more they could always have sent one of them a PM. I don't know if OneThistle was mentioned in the club programme as I never went to any games in the closing stages of the season, however it was in the news at the time. See here and here.

Great post Twinny. Could not agree more.