The Big Stitch Up

Lindau

That Burley article as a shocker. He really doesn't know what he is talking about. Do you remember our game at Annan Athletic last season? I was really impressed to find a club that puts out 20 football teams each week - boys, girls, youths, seniors. Connected into local schools and the town and really well run. It is what a proper football CLUB should be.

They were doing this when they were in the South of Scotland League and are an absolute credit to the game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Burley article as a shocker. He really doesn't know what he is talking about. Do you remember our game at Annan Athletic last season? I was really impressed to find a club that puts out 20 football teams each week - boys, girls, youths, seniors. Connected into local schools and the town and really well run. It is what a proper football CLUB should be.

They were doing this when they were in the South of Scotland League and are an absolute credit to the game.

Exactly twats like Burley do not have a clue as to what a lot of the smaller clubs do in the communites. A lot of them are very well supported as a % of the populations

Are you referring to the 'deid duck?

Apparently an old, bitter ex h u n hack by the name of David Leggat wrote a column last couple of weeks slating Morag McHaffie for saying Sevco should start of the bottom.

I have to say the article shocked me. I didn't realise the Jags Trust were still around.

Holyrood. One of our cultural treasures in meltdown and not a word about it.

The trust's statement about the situation was as lightweight as the club's was. Leggat's attack was disgraceful, though I'm sure there was a fine display of restraint from our neighbours in red, white and blue when that went to 'press'. <_<

Newsflash!

Rangers have been dropped by Subbuteo...

So they are retaliating by:

Rangers have refused International clearance for the transfers of Davis, Lafferty, Ness, Whittaker and Naismith. more soon @bbcsportsound @BBCBMcLauchlin

_____---___________________________________________________________

I looked that up it said (admittedly this is just one tweet, no official word yet) clubs requesting player clearance had contacted SFA who passed the request onto Rangers. So what are the SFA up to? Hasn't it already been agreed these players can walk away? If this story is accurate then the courts are going to be busy and UEFA and FIFA will not be able to keep ouot of it.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I looked that up it said (admittedly this is just one tweet, no official word yet) clubs requesting player clearance had contacted SFA who passed the request onto Rangers. So what are the SFA up to? Hasn't it already been agreed these players can walk away? If this story is accurate then the courts are going to be busy and UEFA and FIFA will not be able to keep ouot of it.

Didn't think it had been agreed as such. Was under the impression that the players, by not signing up for sevco, were free to find other clubs meantime but there was the possibility (thought to be remote) of a settlement with sevco at a later date. It would be the players themselves and not their new clubs that would be sued by Green. The Andy Webster test case, which I can't mind the nuts and bolts, was being used as the precedent.

But surely this means all this will need to be sorted by a court case or UEFA/FIFA intervention? Or is this Green's plan? Create as much sh!t as possible so he gets paid to go away? If so Doncaster, Regan and the rest will be seen to have been even more stupid and incompetent than they now appear.

• Members

You know what, I now wish they hadn't gone bust totally. Totally broke with a transfer embargo, relegation and a massive points deduction would have made me more than happy. This is without a doubt worst case scenario territory.

I'm beginning to think the SFL vote on Friday 13th is a sham in that there will be further adjournments, disputes etc. regarding the Sevco entity, playing into the hands of the SFA and SPL who are fanning a smokescreen to hide the fact that Sevco is in no fit shape to start in ANY league this season. There are TWO entities remember, Oldco is STILL twitching on the slab while Sevco is still trying to manifest itself as the successor for the WATP hordes who are far from convinced, while a myriad of outstanding legal and financial issues remain unresolved. This would explain all the stalling and lack of urgency on making decisions throughout this farce by Sevco, the SPL and the SFA. The SFL are also culpable as they could have been thrashing out rules months ago in preparation for the eventuality they now find themselves in. Meanwhile, Dunfermline and Dundee are embroiled in arguing who deserves to become SPL Club12, the SPL not appearing to give a toss. They and the SFA may suddenly announce that it's too late to decide who becomes Club12 and neither club will gain admittance to the SPL, therefore no slot in the SFL for Sevco either. So the outcome for this season 2012/13 could be :- 1. SPL Club12 will be a blank therefore only 11 clubs.

2. Dundee and Dunfermline remain in the SFL1 and no available slot created in SFL.

3. SFL 'Sporting Integrity' not compromised as the Sevco decision ultimately will be avoided due to time constraints.

4. Sevco's failure to gain league entry is perceived as a 'suspension punishment' for the sins of the Oldco, thus validating a 'Rangers' identity for fans and the media.

5. Several of the SPL clubs will drip feed 'on the brink of administration' scares to their fans via the tabloids through-out the season.

6. Sevco Zombies will be told by SFA/SPL that IF they get their act together, the SPL Club12 slot is their's in Season 2013/14 as they have already been 'punished' by missing a season.

7. Sevco Zombie fans wear their perceived 'suspension punishment' on their sleeve as a badge of honour and link to the Oldco, prompting season ticket money and investment to pour in for the following season's war chest.

Season 2013/14 :- Normal service resumed with damage limitation for Scottish Football and no concessions to the SFL but with Sporting Integrity still intact.

Edited by weebaldie

The situation turns farcical as the apparently mentally ill become involved...

Paul Gascoigne declares and interest in playing for Rangers next year, whilst former Dundee director Giovanni Di Stefano wants to buy the club and move them to England. The laughing stock becomes even more, well, laughable.

The Sun story link

Edited by Craig-W

I was really interested in this saga, from the first hints that there were troubles, through the administration and into the close season. It was a story like no other in Scottish football, at least in my lifetime and there was a real sense that the fans could make a difference. I could make a difference. This latest development just shows that the blazers are going to have their way and sod the lot of you. Well, this muppet is well and truly sodded.

I have no great expectations for Friday. A narrow vote will go the way of the blazers who will decide that a bag of sweeties is enough incentive to have TTFKAR in SFL1 and no mater how Thistle vote, that will be it for me. I'll only come back when the whole shoogly tower comes tumbling down and the structure is rebuilt from scratch with sporting integrity inherent in its core. Sadly I doubt that Thistle will survive the melt down.

Story in Herald (and no doubt some other papes) this morning:

http://www.heraldsco...-brass.18111915

Just one line from this:

The letter continued: "The most concerning point about Regan's presentation was he departed truth as he became increasingly desperate to get his viewpoints accepted

I see now there's a separate thread for this.

Edited by Mr Bunny