The Big Stitch Up

Lindau

Don't they realize that people will desert in droves?

I think they are counting on the prospective TV cash to soften the financial blow. Although, what happens when that runs out should be a matter for consideration.

Takes an English columnist to say it as it is. How refreshing after months of listening to Traytor, Dung, Gorum, Hately, Wiggy Smith, The Cardigan, Craig Burley (who's column in the Sunday Mail today is a total disgrace)

Scroll to bottom

http://www.dailymail...ck-Collins.html

A very good article - and from the Daily Mail, of all places! :shok:

Well said, Patrick Collins. It is a shame that too few Glasgow-based journalists have had the nerve to come out and write something like that, although their wings have possibly been clipped by employers feart of ending up on the currently boycott-happy h*ns' 'list'.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is interested....as lifted from P and B

Well boys and girls, Alex T will be pushing the right buttons at FIFA and UEFA from the press side of things it's time we the keyboard bashing internet bampots started doing what we do best and backing up his words with our own views on the subject.

http://www.fifa.com/contact/form.html

http://www.uefa.com/...sid=409267.html

http://www.uefa.com/...back/index.html

Sent my feedback to both:

A member club in the Scottish Football Association ((Rangers) was liquidated, due to unpaid bills to other football clubs and other businesses and also owning millions to the taxpayer.

It is now being reformed as a new company, drawing on assets, history and supporters of the old club and should by the normal rules re-enter the domestic competition at the bottom level provided it can prove it has adequate resources to fulfill fixtures.

However members of the Scottish football authorities, including those in the Scottish Football Association are attempting to force clubs to accept their entry at a higher level - and this before any consideration of their ability to fulfill fixtures has been completed.

To allow this would set a precedent for all those football clubs worldwide, who have lived outwith their means for years. Surely the international football bodies cannot allow this as it would be detrimental to the game worldwide, both financially and in terms of fair play.

jim ballantyne, Ewan Cameron, david Longmuir plus 6 directors Ken Ferguson, Gilbert Lawrie, j leishman, anne mckeown, gordon mcdougall and Malcolm Mackay

that's my list as well.

jim ballantyne (airdrie), Ewan Cameron (alloa), david Longmuir plus 6 directors Ken Ferguson (brechin), Gilbert Lawrie (Dumbarton), j leishman (pars), anne mckeown (arbroath), gordon mcdougall (livi) and Malcolm Mackay (Queens Pk)K

that's my list as well.

jim ballantyne (airdrie), Ewan Cameron (alloa), david Longmuir plus 6 directors Ken Ferguson (brechin), Gilbert Lawrie (Dumbarton), j leishman (pars), anne mckeown (arbroath), gordon mcdougall (livi) and Malcolm Mackay (Queens Pk)K

We know where Ballantynes heart is, Longmuir is another yes, Dumbarton have said today they are a yes and I am sure Alloa are on the verge of a yes...so in reality they probably only need another vote, although someone did mention today that Yorkston has been quoted today as saying its the clubs and NOT the board that will make the decision!! I sincerely hope Yorkie boy is right in this instance!!

From Hibs supporters club, sentiments I'm sure may Thistle supporters will share;

"Hibs Club Statement

For Hibs and their fans this summer should have been solely about a much needed rebuilding process.

Instead we have watched with increasing concern as the whole Scottish game has been tarnished by the financial collapse of Rangers.

As Hibs fans we know only too well how men concerned more with profiteering than the wishes of fans can risk the very existence of a football club.

So it is with increasing dismay that we have watched Scottish football tear itself apart in its attempts to protect a business model that operates more for the benefit of TV executives than ordinary supporters.

We believe that the new Rangers - if they can satisfy the usual standards demanded for SFA membership - should start out again in the Third Division.

We welcomed the "no" vote passed by the SPL, including our own club, but we have watched with dismay as the SPL clubs have stood silently on the sidelines as their own Chief Executive - with the help and approval of a now entirely discredited SFA - has tried to bully and threaten lower division clubs into submission.

Not only do we find the tactics used by Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan abhorrent, we also take issue with the doomsday scenarios they have offered as evidence.

While TV money and corporate sponsorship are undoubtedly important we do not believe that all of them would vanish if the Rangers newco was not guaranteed a place in the SPL within 12 months.

We would also argue that additional benefits - including a return to more regular 3pm Saturday kick off times - would offset some of the lost revenue."

This, however, is an issue that should go beyond finances.

It is essential that Hibernian - like all clubs - are part of a fair and equitable league structure with governing bodies that are consistent and reasonable in their treatment of all clubs.

We do not believe that is currently the case and we would call on all SPL clubs - including our own - to urgently address the damage being done to the game by Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan.

We have long felt that reconstruction of the league structure was a critical factor in strengthening the Scottish game.

The proposals that are currently being discussed destroy the prospect of a strong Scottish game and are aimed solely at rebuilding a strong Rangers.

These attempts at craven gerrymandering for the sake of one club are an affront to all the commitments to "sporting integrity" we have heard over the last few months.

Many Hibernian fans feel cheated. While the financial sacrifices made at Easter Road have not always found favour with many of our fans we do appreciate that these decisions have been made in the interests of long term stability.

We now find our voices ignored as rules are broken or rewritten to favour a club that has spent money it could not afford to buy success.

It is heartbreaking for us to hear members speak of not going back to Easter Road or of turning their back on the Scottish national team.

These are not hollow threats. They are a symptom of the disillusionment many fans feel at a game that seems to constantly betray its paying customers.

While we have sympathy for ordinary Rangers fans left bewildered by current events we have also been saddened over the last few months to hear Ally McCoist attempt to destroy a disciplinary process that had been created to help move the game forward.

Other comments from high profile Rangers figures such as Sandy Jardine have seemed to be nothing more than vindictive threats against other clubs. These have left us shocked and angered.

Now we find ourselves in the unacceptable position of watching Charles Green attempt to sign players while footballing debts to other clubs - debts that are as important as any projected TV or sponsorship income - remain unpaid.

Yet this apparent lack of contrition is being ignored as the Scottish football authorities unite to do what they feel is best for just one club.

We would hope that the European and global footballing authorities are watching these developments with interest and will move to censure the Scottish governing bodies.

Hibernian Football Club is our passion. We want to see a strong Hibs on the pitch and off the pitch. We want to see a sustainable Hibernian at the heart of our community.

22 years ago we united as fans to save Hibernian.

Today we find ourselves united in calling for Scottish football to end the current uncertainty, withdraw the current campaign of bullying and threats aimed at our friends in the Scottish Football League and allow Rangers to rebuild their devastated club from the Third Division.

Fans of other clubs have been accused of "hating" Rangers.

We are defined not by hatred of any club but by our love of Hibernian.

A strong Hibernian in a strong Scottish game will forever be our one and only aim.

A few men motivated by greed and money currently risk that vision.

Fans of Hibernian and every other club cannot stand silently by and let that happen.

Hibernian F.C. Supporters Association

08/07/2012"

It does appear that repugnance at what is being done to our game is not restricted to Thistle fans. Indeed it is shared by many supporters including those of Celtic and even many Rangers supporters I have spoken to in recent days.

I can not listen to any more drivel, either the clubs play fair or football in this country will die.

This is apparently Craig Burley's take on things in today's Sunday Mail.

gUMVr.gif

He should be sacked for that column. Thats what the rest of us are up against in this country!! FFS we are the knuckle draggers and neanderthals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lindau

He should be sacked for that column. Thats what the rest of us are up against in this country!! FFS we are the knuckle draggers and neanderthals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His column is a disgrace. Additionally he doesnt even appear to realise Rangers are no more, the club replacing them is not Rangers is a plastic franchise

Something here that is worth a read I think:

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/an-open-letter-to-sfl-chairmen/#more-20298

I had a txt read out on Sportsound yesterday which Traynor of course hated then went off on his guff about "would you put Rangers into Div3 if it meant your club going bust?".

Fact is that Newco in Div3 means there will be no loss of revenue in the lower leagues. The increased gates and the SFL having a TV asset would make up the loss from a fall in the SPL settlement. The threat of withdrawal is surely nonsense, though it does show that any agreement made with these shysters would be utterly meaningless and could be dumped whenever they fancy.

You also have to wonder at Doncaster: one day it's Armageddon, the next it's unlikely that any SPL club will go bust having dumped Sevco.....

Total idiot. Yet he and Regan hold power over our game. Ridiculous.

Couldn't even finish that Burley column. I'm surprised he could mash his fists into the computer keyboard long enough to string together coherent sentences. You can't call it a disgrace because the man is not in touch with reality.

SCREW ALL THE MINNOWS, LETS HAVE RANGERS PLAY CELTIC 40 TIMES A YEAR; After all they're the only teams with a proper fanbase in this country.

If you think Burley wrote that column you are mistaken. Burley can barely write his own name he is that thick. The column in this rag of a newspaper would have been written by one of the ghost writers who constantly compose the normal rubbish put out by the popular press in support of the NEWCO . The answer is don't buy rubbish red tops with the agenda which caters to the real Knuckle Draggers. If the decision is going to be made by the SFL board The old saying "Don't Vote it only encourages them" has never been so appropriate.

Couldn't even finish that Burley column. I'm surprised he could mash his fists into the computer keyboard long enough to string together coherent sentences. You can't call it a disgrace because the man is not in touch with reality.

SCREW ALL THE MINNOWS, LETS HAVE RANGERS PLAY CELTIC 40 TIMES A YEAR; After all they're the only teams with a proper fanbase in this country.

You did better than me, I barely finished the second paragraph!

It really is an appalling piece of hack journalism from someone who is completely detached from he whole affair, which he literally is - Burley stays in England and only ventures north because he is obliged to due to his broadcasting roll. I shouldn't be so surprised by his sneering tone - if the TV deal goes skywards (no pun intended) then he could well find himself out of a job. Yet another reason to vote 'no' to Newco!

If you think Burley wrote that column you are mistaken. Burley can barely write his own name he is that thick. The column in this rag of a newspaper would have been written by one of the ghost writers who constantly compose the normal rubbish put out by the popular press in support of the NEWCO . The answer is don't buy rubbish red tops with the agenda which caters to the real Knuckle Draggers. If the decision is going to be made by the SFL board The old saying "Don't Vote it only encourages them" has never been so appropriate.

The strange thing is, the vast majority of football fans - including a significant minority of Rangers supporters - want to see Newco admitted to SFL3. The only people intent on seeing them parachuted into SFL1 are a small cabal of blazers at the top of the game, so I am not sure who the redtops are pandering to (I suspect many Rangers fans enjoy their diddy team-bashing rhetoric though).

Something here that is worth a read I think: http://wingsland.podgamer.com/an-open-letter-to-sfl-chairmen/#more-20298 I had a txt read out on Sportsound yesterday which Traynor of course hated then went off on his guff about "would you put Rangers into Div3 if it meant your club going bust?". Fact is that Newco in Div3 means there will be no loss of revenue in the lower leagues. The increased gates and the SFL having a TV asset would make up the loss from a fall in the SPL settlement. The threat of withdrawal is surely nonsense, though it does show that any agreement made with these shysters would be utterly meaningless and could be dumped whenever they fancy. You also have to wonder at Doncaster: one day it's Armageddon, the next it's unlikely that any SPL club will go bust having dumped Sevco..... Total idiot. Yet he and Regan hold power over our game. Ridiculous.

I heard Traynor's arrogant and ignorant dismissal...I'm not sure if he is a bully, a wind-up merchant or someone who just doesn't get it...probably all three.

I also think that it is worthwhile repeating that, as far as I know, there is a contractual Agreement for the SPL payment to the SFL Clubs - they can't just choose not to pay this

I know there's a summer recess but has anyone heard a squeak from any of our elected representatives about any of this lately?

Are you referring to the 'deid duck?

Apparently an old, bitter ex h u n hack by the name of David Leggat wrote a column last couple of weeks slating Morag McHaffie for saying Sevco should start of the bottom.

I have to say the article shocked me. I didn't realise the Jags Trust were still around.