The Big Stitch Up

Lindau

Honestly is anyone surprised. Think its time for every SFL fan to boycott Scottish football over this. Finish it off and start from scratch again with guys like Hutton, Spence, Cosgrove etc being involved in rebuilding our corrupt sport. Clubs should not be letting these cretins away with this

http://www.scotsman...._source=dlvr.it

Edited by Lindau

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posts 39, 40 and 41 on under that story are worth reading. Maybe we should start emailing our club to ask what action they intend to take if any to get the peope in charge of our game replaced with some men who actually care about the game.

Yeah, they all make valid points. Looks like the only option for the SFL clubs is to say NO to NEWCO in the SFL, but even if that is the case I am positive that the SFL board would just overrule the clubs. The total and utter corruption inside the football authorities in this country is staggering

Takes an English columnist to say it as it is. How refreshing after months of listening to Traytor, Dung, Gorum, Hately, Wiggy Smith, The Cardigan, Craig Burley (who's column in the Sunday Mail today is a total disgrace)

Scroll to bottom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2170260/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-spoken-Manchester-United-owners-Glazer-family-Patrick-Collins.html

The usual suspects have been vocal even in condemning this.

Do the BoD/custodians of PTFC have a view they would like to share with their support?

It might not just be Scottish Football that dies, I have a feeling PTFC may not be too far behind if this goes through.

Too many (good) folk scunnered with this & no longer have the fight for it.

Think very carefully Beattie & co before accepting your 30 pieces of silver.

The usual suspects have been vocal even in condemning this.

Do the BoD/custodians of PTFC have a view they would like to share with their support?

It might not just be Scottish Football that dies, I have a feeling PTFC may not be too far behind if this goes through.

Too many (good) folk scunnered with this & no longer have the fight for it.

Think very carefully Beattie & co before accepting your 30 pieces of silver.

TBH Trotter I dont think its gonna matter how the vote goes on Friday, they will get shoehorned into Div 1 or SPHell 2 by the SFL board. Its a carve up and everyone knows it. Can only think that UEFA/FIFA intervention can save the day now. Surely the Scottish authorities will be reported by someone, if they attempt to get away with this bribery and corruption. Remember that this is a club that SFA officials said that their transgressions were so severe that it was ONE step away from the equivilent of match fixing!!!! It beggars belief that our authorities and media want them in the 2nd tier but no one else including NEWCO and their fans want them anywhere other than Div 3...at best!! I would say that this is gonna kill many smaller clubs, if the fans stay away...but hey what does that matter, as long as the Bigotfest gets back to their rightful place asap

Edited by Lindau

If anyone is interested....as lifted from P and B

Well boys and girls, Alex T will be pushing the right buttons at FIFA and UEFA from the press side of things it's time we the keyboard bashing internet bampots started doing what we do best and backing up his words with our own views on the subject.

http://www.fifa.com/contact/form.html

http://www.uefa.com/...sid=409267.html

http://www.uefa.com/...back/index.html

This has been posted on P and B from the Jags Forum Blog. 100% spot on!!! Anyone know the mystery blogger?

We don’t matter. If anyone ever doubted that, all doubt has been swept away now as the gloves come off and the mask slips and we see the power elite of Scottish football and media going into overdrive to deliver the only acceptable outcome to them. We’re just the supporters of the diddy teams and we’re only here to make up the numbers. And when it comes to making up numbers, we can’t compete with the genius of Neil Doncaster, Stuart Regan and David Longmuir.

Corrupt and slimy. That’s not a good image for a sport. It’ll be interesting to see which sponsors want to attach themselves to a shit product with no morals. By association with Scottish football, you’ll definitely be putting yourself on my list of brands to avoid.

(And I’m calling them Rangers because when they next come strutting up to Firhill with their putrid songs of bigotry, any doubts on that score will be washed away pretty quickly. So let’s not be pedantic or legalistic. This is Rangers and that’s why so much time and effort is being expended to save their sorry arses.)

There’s no point in going over all the events of the week, or to speculate too much about the week ahead as we move towards the Friday 13th meeting. Unless Rangers totally implode and remove the problem altogether, the stage is set for a crude and brutal shafting. It’s going to be ugly and then it’s going to be revolting and on Friday night, Doncaster and Regan and Longmuir and Charles Green and Sandy Jardine and Bomber Brown and Jim Traynor and Sky Sports and Michael Kelly and Peter Lawwell can breathe a sigh of relief and raise a toast. Job done.

I can think of someone who shouldn’t breathe a sigh of relief. Because this blog is about Partick Thistle and not really the general football scene and the actions of our own club should be our primary concern and responsibility.

I know a few fans were happy with the most recent message from the club, in which they said:

Unquestionably there are major financial consequences, for all Clubs in Scotland, should a newco Rangers club not take a place in next season’s SPL and there has been a proposal put in front of the SFL clubs that would allow Rangers direct entry into SFL1, contrary to the current league rules.
On its own
this proposal is clearly unacceptable, on a number of levels, and is something the Board of PTFC are not prepared to support.

And then they called on the SFA to take this horrible decision out of their hands. On the same day that Stuart Regan declared that Rangers in SFL1 was the only acceptable outcome and “social unrest” could follow if they weren’t given this.

The unfaltering skill with which the club haven’t managed to put a foot right during any of this hadn’t deserted them. And yet, by some careful wording, they managed to get some lazy reports in the media that they had come out against Rangers in the First Division.

So if you’re a club that finds Rangers in SFL1 unacceptable on a number of levels and contrary to the rules, what do you achieve by asking an organisation that entirely supports that outcome to take the decision for you? Well, you wipe your fingerprints off the blunt instrument being used to batter the fans into submission.

And that, in its own sleekit and cowardly way, is as deceptive and corrupt a solution as any of the rest of it.

People are crying out for a fresh start for Scottish football, without the cartel of the SPL, without these three organisations conspiring behind the scenes, without the Old Firm stranglehold on everything, without TV money being the drug of choice. And for one brief moment it’s all possible (hard, hard work, but possible), if only enough clubs have the courage to push for it. I don’t believe our club is one of those.

We’re being offered a new league structure that has greed and preferential treatment built into it from day one and it turns out we’re one of the clubs that will grab at that. And we don’t even have the courage of our convictions to stand up and vote for it and would prefer the SFA, or now presumably the SFL Board, to step in and spare us the embarrassment.

As fans, we’ve been arguing about fairness and principle to men who show allegiance to neither. If David Beattie was even able to understand the principles on which we object to this railroading, he wouldn’t care. So thanks for nothing, Dave. For the fans’ meeting you’ve never bothered to organise. For the cheerleading interviews you gave in the press. For the weasel-worded stream of statements.

Other clubs have howled about the bullying and lies that they’ve been bombarded with during the process, but on that you say nothing. Because the truth of it is we’re the cowards hiding behind the bullies, waiting to feed off the proceeds of their deeds.

This isn’t a Partick Thistle I can be proud of or a sport I want to be supporting. In fact, as we can all now plainly see, it isn’t a sport at all. It’s just business and unless you stumble upon a set of ethics between now and Friday, I don’t want to be your customer any more.

Er, that's me. It's no big mystery. And I posted it on the blog so folk on here who don't like that sort of thing wouldn't be able to greet about it. Oh, well...

Well said. Have you a link to your blog mate?

The West Coast "Weegie" Media have been a disgrace through the whole fiasco. It seems like only non Glasgow based people within the media like Spence, Cosgrove and Thomson can see the whole thing for what it is.

I really, really wish people would stop buying newspapers. The usually decent ET have been crying Armageddon too just like Traynor, Young and Keevins.

The usually decent ET have been crying Armageddon too just like Traynor, Young and Keevins.

That's because Glasgow will keel over and die without the oxygen of hatred, ignorance and bigotry the big two provide, keeping the city vibrant and culturally significant in the world. Probably.

Edited by Craig-W

Do you know the people that constitute the SFL Board? I can't find the list anywhere?

The board is made up of president Jim Ballantyne, vice president Ewen Cameron (Edit - Alloa), chief executive Longmuir, Livingston chairman Gordon McDougall, Brechin’s Kenny Ferguson, Malky Mackay from Queen’s Park, Dunfermline legend Jim Leishman, Ann McKeown from Arbroath and Dumbarton’s Gilbert Lawrie.

Edited by MWM

Do you know the people that constitute the SFL Board? I can't find the list anywhere?

According to Alex O'Henley of BBC Radio nan Gàidheal the board consists of the following:

jim ballantyne, Ewan Cameron, david Longmuir plus 6 directors Ken Ferguson, Gilbert Lawrie, j leishman, anne mckeown, gordon mcdougall and Malcolm Mackay