Latest Proposals

scotty

Before the inevitable crash of their website again, here's the latest Clyde FC statement. Bang on the money as per usual:

Thu, 12th Jul 2012 2:40pm

The Board of Clyde Football Club has received the papers in advance of tomorrows SFL meeting and will consider the Heads of Terms supplied. We continue to have the same fundamental concerns about this process, however the overriding concern is a point which we have made to the SFL.

We have received absolutely no information on the organisation Sevco Scotland Ltd whom we are being asked, and encouraged, to vote straight into the top division of the SFL under resolution 2 and possibly into SFL 3 under Resolution 1. We have no business plan, list of directors, details of ownership, statement of capital adequacy or any proposals relating to the provision of any similar information in the near future. David Longmuir has clearly stated that he will distribute all the information he has got or is able to distribute.

Whilst the notion that there is a leap of faith to be taken in terms of some of the matters, there can be no leap of faith with something as fundamental as knowing who is being admitted to the league. The very fact that there is no information of any kind being made available on this company undermines the authorities efforts to direct the new entrant to SFL 1. It is actually impossible for any member of the SFL to make an objective assessment of the proposals under Resolutions 1 and 2 and could be seen as irresponsible to support either proposal in such a void of information.

It is our hope that some credibility can be introduced to this process and we would ask that whoever holds information on Sevco Scotland Ltd provides a full and detailed pack to David Longmuir in order that even at the eleventh hour the SFL clubs are given reason to support any Resolutions that they might wish to vote on. We have to assume that the SFA and SPL hold such information otherwise they would not press so heavily for entry to SFL 1.

If a leap of faith is to be taken, then in the current circumstances it will be taken blindly and the only logical outcome of taking that kind of risk would be to enter them to SFL 3, where, should any subsequent issues arise they will be contained within the lowest league rather than disrupting the top flight of the SFL.

The other matter that is entirely outside the gift of the SFL is the need for the SPL clubs to confirm that contrary to what Neil Doncaster stated on their behalf, the SPL will meet its obligations to the SFL under the Settlement Agreement.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the latest Div 3 statements from Peterhead and Arbroath (who also have somebody on the SFL Board) it is looking increasingly unlikely that the pressure of the SFA, SPL and their mates in the media is working. I still stick with my view that 'they' are too much of a financial basket case to be allowed entry at all at the moment but now hope that our board will smell the coffee and vote for div 3 so we can all get on with the fitba again.

Your last point is an important one which I hope the clubs are paying attention to. I emailed this to the club :

Lord Hodge allowed Duff and Phelps 3 weeks to prove that they acted properly, legally and without a conflict of interest. Tomorrow if they don't report will mean they have failed to do that. If they do report then the Judge will require some time to examine this and he may accept the report - or he may decide they did not act properly.

If Duff and Phelps did act under a conflict of interest then this may mean that Sevco Scotland or Sevco5088 Ltd will own nothing of the Rangers` assets and a new administrator will have to be appointed.

Surely the SFL and SFA should have waited until Lord Hodges demands had been met before holding such a crucial meeting as scheduled for tomorrow ?

Also if this means Rangers are still in administration then the HMRC appointed BDO can not come in to liquidate Rangers1873 either, as was also stated by Lord Hodge in his judgement of 3 weeks ago.

I believe all SFL clubs should bear this in mind when considering the matter.

(admittedly just an editing job of someone else's post, but I double checked as much of it as it as I could)

Hope I'm wrong but looks to me that the SFL Board might have agreed on a unilateral decision. As I read it that means Livingston, Queens Pk & Dunfermline, previously a no vote, can no longer be counted on and the undecided Arbroath, Brechin & Alloa have joined Dumbarton as a yes to sevco in Div 1.

Looks like I was wrong thankfully. I hear Arbroath are a no vote so I think we can count on Queens PK, Livi and Pars (probably) as no votes as well. It means that it's more than possible the SFL board were actually against newco in the 2nd tier. Even if they were 5-4 in favour Longmuir doesn't count in a club vote and Ballantyne/Airdrie are supposed to be abstaining.

The statements from Clyde and Raith Rovers tell it like it is. They have some good communicators at those clubs and Boards willing to show support for issues of fairness and integrity.

Fair play to them

It's the silence from our BoD that's concerning me.

No communication with their support since before the letter for the tomorrow's meeting's agenda was made available in the public domain.

Considering the proposals that have been made since then are we just to assume that it's still a 'no but...' from ourselves.

Secret ballot or not, by tomorrow evening everyone will know how everyone else voted, certainty.

Apologies if somebody pointed this out already, but if the newco do get voted into Div 3, assuming that they keep going, isn't it obvious that league reconstruction will be right back on the agenda anyway? That could knock a year off their theoretical return to the top division. No brainer surely, and all the more reason not to swallow their stinking bait tomorrow. Am I missing something or why would any lower league club fall for it?

Apologies if somebody pointed this out already, but if the newco do get voted into Div 3, assuming that they keep going, isn't it obvious that league reconstruction will be right back on the agenda anyway? That could knock a year off their theoretical return to the top division. No brainer surely, and all the more reason not to swallow their stinking bait tomorrow. Am I missing something or why would any lower league club fall for it?

100%. I've been making this very point all the way through this. There is an alternative and a classic 'win-win' available here.

The fact that this hsas't been proposed is actually a sign of lack of any real leadership. Any organisation faced with this would be proposing something similar - but we haven't seen a single proposal along these lines.

I believe that a yes-no-yes vote today would be a start in delivering this, though. Unless we are to be blind-sided by an SPL-SFA cabal and then it really would be civil war.

As a poster said elsewhere, why is the Dundee-Dunfermline vote last and why has that not been resolved by the SPL? A bit fishy...

All the speculation is very, very plaus-a-bubble. However, Clyde's most recent statement about would-be Rangers says a great deal to me. This could all be window dressing - looking at GreenCo's preparations for the new season ... I wouldn't send that club down to the shops for a paper and a packet of biscuits.

Is there some plan afoot to have a team called 'Rangers' implode in two leagues in two season? A record attempt, perhaps. Looking at all this, I wonder just what is going on in the heads of our lords and masters at Firhill and Hampden. Would they go into partnership with such a shaky enterprise if it came knocking at Arseco, Enterprise or whatever? I'll bet they wouldn't touch GreenCo with a bargepole.

If he has I wouldn't be surprised to read in his next blog. I would think they'll be getting 'named & shamed' also! :)

Apparently not: AT on Twitter says: "The leaked email from S Regan was sent to: Barrie Jackson; Jim Ballantyne; Rod Petrie; Alan McRae; Neil Doncaster; R Topping Also to Rod (Harper Macleod) and A S Leigh"