Arr Craib Cup

Lionel J. Botch

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how dare the club ask Thistle fans with kids to actually pay for their kids to attend for a change! jeez!

I get that £10 is not exactly cheap but you get 2 games for that and a full day out - oh lets not forget your kid goes free all season!

Sorry but to complain because you have to pay for your kid is just ridiculous - if you were a fan of any other club you would be paying that week in week out during the league!

Well done to the club for me the only thing they got right was making the pricing fair for everyone!

Hopefully it happens again and is a bit better organised!

I don’t think you can overprice a game on the basis they are getting in free for the rest of the season. This price would keep many parents away losing much needed revenue. On a point of principle I was not paying £10 for my 4 year old to get in. This of course meant I could not go to the game. I don’t take the wee man much, he only went once last season and may only go a few times this season.

I emailed the club asking them to make under 12s £5 to get in. I got a nice email back from Ian Maxwell but they for me did not follow common sense and kept it £10.

One of a few mistakes with the tournament that cost the club money. I do applaud the club for setting the tournament up and giving us something different in the pre-season but they are lessons to be learned.

Edited by Alan Murray

I don’t think you can overprice a game on the basis they are getting in free for the rest of the season. This price would keep many parents away losing much needed revenue. On a point of principle I was not paying £10 for my 4 year old to get in. This of course meant I could not go to the game. I don’t take the wee man much, he only went once last season and may only go a few times this season.

I emailed the club asking them to make under 12s £5 to get in. I got a nice email back from Ian Maxwell but they for me did not follow common sense and kept it £10.

One of a few mistakes with the tournament that cost the club money. I do applaud the club for setting the tournament up and giving us something different in the pre-season but they are lessons to be learned.

There are lesson to be learnt, I agree with you on that - making the prices fair for everyone is not one of them. The game was overpriced for everyone not just kids. Do you think any adult in their right mind was happy about paying £15 quid to sit in a freezing cold stand for over 4 hours?

I disagree that common sense was not followed - £10 is not too much considering what you got and what you get all season.

Just because you only take your 4 year old a couple of times a season and just because your 4 year old might not stay for both games, you expect it to be cheaper. But at what cost does that affect those without kids? Why not get him a free a season ticket and he could have went for free on the Sunday? But I imagine even then you would find a way to complain.

I don't think asking you to pay £10 for your child to watch an afternoon of football is too much. It might have put of families but at the end of day am sick to death of the club bending over backwards for families and making it more for those without kids. Take last season when if you brought 2 kids with you the adult could get in for £10 at one of our game- how is that fair on your every day fan?

I have never hid the fact I am not the biggest fan of children but at the end of the day am really fed up of people complaining when they have to pay for their child to attend. Which makes me glad that the cup games are away because what if the club asked you to pay more than £5 for that!

I agree that £10 for an afternoon of football doesn't sound too much but there are factors to consider.

If I was to take my two kids (aged 3 and 6) along on Saturday it would have been £35 entry. If we were then to stay for the second match we would have had to have some food/drinks. We would have been about £50 for our day to watch Thistle play a Celtic XI with no 'stars' in a friendly - NO THANKS! We have Season Tickets so got in on Sunday for free which was very welcome but I really wouldn't have minded paying a reasonable price.

The 'kids go free' initiative is excellent. It's important to remember that going forward the life of the club will be younger fans. If we don't have new generations of fans coming through all the time the club could easily die. If we manage to get a good base of kids coming through the doors free of charge for a few seasons, when they turn 16 I'm sure a large number of them will want to continue to support the team they've been watching and will pay. The club are leading the way in this 'Community' aspect and I don't think they should be criticised for this at all.

I agree not enough is done by way of offers for those who pay at the gate throughout the season but it's very difficult for the club to offer anything to these fans (mainly because they won't know if a fan paying at the gate has been to 0, 1, 2... games in the season). I'm sure they would be willing to listen to ideas of what can they offer these fans but if they don't know who is paying £17 week in/week out it could be difficult? Perhaps a 'loyalty card' type scheme where someone could maybe get £5 off every 6 games are so?

I think if the prices had been £10 and £5 we would have had increased crowds from the 3 local teams but I'm sure the club will learn from this.

When the tournament was announced I thought it was a great bit of business by Thistle. And before I go any further I should add that I wasn't able to make it at all due to work commitments.

I would say that most of what went wrong, by the sounds of it, was out of the club's control. I would like to know why we were HAMMERED by the police into having so many unneccessary officers and stewards on duty. It also sounds like these measures were forced upon the club at extremely short notice. Again, totally out of order.

From the club's point of view, it does seem very strange to have our game first on the saturday. And yes, having some sort of entertainment between matches would have been a good idea - even if it is something as simple as a penalty competition/crossbar challenge/kids 7-a-side game.

It was announced at pretty short notice as well. I reckon if we were to decide NOW that we are doing it again next year it could be much improved, and earlier organisation could also lead to higher profile teams being involved.

This was a good experiment, and I think we should do it again but with different teams. Lets say st mirren if weare not in same league, maybe pollock / petershill or maryhill and def Clyde. I think this would generate high interest. We are above playing youth teams! We have shown over the two games that the best Celtic have to offer is not close to our player from the youths, Bannigan is far superior to anything they have.

This was a good experiment, and I think we should do it again but with different teams. Lets say st mirren if weare not in same league, maybe pollock / petershill or maryhill and def Clyde. I think this would generate high interest. We are above playing youth teams! We have shown over the two games that the best Celtic have to offer is not close to our player from the youths, Bannigan is far superior to anything they have.

Agreed. I think our best bit of business this summer may well be signing Bannigan on a new deal. I can see us selling him on for a tidy sum at the end of the season if he carries his pre-season form into competitive matches. He's been outstanding.

Nice sentiment to get Blyth up but I really think we should be looking to raise the bar next year if we do it again. We should be looking to get some opposition to Firhill that attract neutrals as well as jags fans.

Agreed but we could also play Blyth in a non-cup friendly.

Celtic and Everton were, reportly, very impressed by our team so we should be able to attract opposition of a similar caliber next season.

These games are important for the club's reputation and for developing contacts. It would not be a surprise if Celtic and Everton offer us a loan player or two. Did any of the central defenders impress anyone?

These games are important for the club's reputation and for developing contacts. It would not be a surprise if Celtic and Everton offer us a loan player or two. Did any of the central defenders impress anyone?

I thought Andre Blackman of Celtic looked like he could be a decent centre-half. Played at left back on Saturday.