Sfl Place Rangers In Third Division

CUMBERNAULD JAG

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 of the yes votes were Stenny and QOTS,

Im sure I heard Longmuir say that all SFL1 teams voted for Div3 only and that it was a vote against a SPL2 and they want a 42 team solution to the league issues. Missed a lot of it due to ****wit media mongs shouting out all the time.

I hope that is correct and I can now order the new away strip to wear at Ayr on Monday.......

Clyde indicated this morning they would vote 'yes' to that so it's not them...

Nonsense!

http://www.clydefc.c...statement2.html

"On the basis that short-term financial drivers have not been for the good of the game in the past, then we will not support Resolution 2."

Resolution 2 was the vote to give the power to the SFL to put Sevco into any division.

but Clyde believe there will be stitch-up by the SPL and SFA.

"Given that the SPL and SFA have signalled a clear intention to act against any decision that might result in Sevco Scotland Ltd being admitted to the Third Division, then the limited logic left in this process points to them as believing they have the monopoly of wisdom on what is good for the game. We can expect that, no matter what the SFL clubs decide, Sevco Scotland will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season."

This part suggests that they fear that the SPL may now vote to put Sevco into the SPL. This is not over yet. Doncaster and Regan should resign.

Edited by kni

From sevco central "It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL 2 - which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join."

As predicted in Clyde's statement this morning. I look forward to the SFL clubs ruling out joining SPL 2 with Sevco asap.

From sevco central "It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL 2 - which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join."

Can they not show some dignity?

Sounded like they might have from Longmuir's statement - but that's far from dignified.

Can they not show some dignity?

Sounded like they might have from Longmuir's statement - but that's far from dignified.

Clearly not....

SFL, especially Division 1 clubs need to maintain a united front. What then for Donkey and Regan?

SFA SGM/EGM to shift one and hope the SPL cut their losses by bagging the other.

"Given that the SPL and SFA have signalled a clear intention to act against any decision that might result in Sevco Scotland Ltd being admitted to the Third Division, then the limited logic left in this process points to them as believing they have the monopoly of wisdom on what is good for the game. We can expect that, no matter what the SFL clubs decide, Sevco Scotland will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season."

This part suggests that they fear that the SPL may now vote to put Sevco into the SPL. This is not over yet. Doncaster and Regan should resign.

I agree that this is not over yet. Apart from the fact that Regan and co. likely have another dirty trick up their sleeve, there is all the doubts over Green's real intentions, and the legal challenges to D&P's administration and hence Green's ownership.

But with 25-5 it looks very much like Thistle have done the right thing and we can think a bit more about the coming season - provided one of the dirty tricks doesn't include stopping the season from starting. I wouldn't put it past them.

Now one interesting aspect to that would be that we'll find out how honest the SPL clubs' NO to NEwco was. If they support this then we'll know that all along they only did it to placate their fans knowing two back-up plans were in place to cover their asses. Let's see what they say now.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Now one interesting aspect to that would be that we'll find out how honest the SPL clubs NO to NEwco was. If they support this then we'll now that all along they only did it to placate their fans knowing two back-up plans were in place to cover their asses. Let's see what they say now.

It would be suicide for the clubs were that to happen.

Anyone who tries this would know that their days in office will be numbered...

Don't give them any ideas.

I am sure that this is one of the options, with SPL2, that Doncaster is working on. Regan is now in an impossible position. He said that the SFA would block Sevco in the SPL. Surely that block should apply to SPL2 after today's vote. If not, the SFL clubs should act to remove Regan and his SFA colleagues from their positions.

I just can't see an SPL2 happening. There cannot be time to come up with the idea, sort out financial breakdowns and indeed a fixture list. Sounds to me like some people in a panic and assuming it can be done. Simply cannot see it happening time-wise, let alone getting enough clubs to agree to it...

Why wont they just take their medicine?

Why wont they just take their medicine?

I've seen it suggested (so just a theory) that Green, having access to all the Ibrox paperwork has the dirt on them for stuff in the past, for instance maybe knowing about the way EBT's were being used way back when. Thus they are acting like his puppets.

Just a theory mind you.

It would be suicide for the clubs were that to happen.

Anyone who tries this would know that their days in office will be numbered...

Really? Let's assume that Doncaster proposes SPL2 but there are not enough clubs willing to play with Newco in that division. (BTW, don't the SFL club have to give 2 years notice to leave the SFL?) At that point, the SPL1 clubs' bluff is called. They can't afford not to have Sevco in the SPL in 2013/14 so they would offer a new deal, based on the McLeish proposals, to Doncaster and Green. So we then get a 14 club SPL with Newco, the Pars and Dundee.