Named As 1 Of The 5

ClydebankJag

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everybody uses the Internet, Craig. Probably not the majority of people and probably not the majority of Thistle fans.

77% of UK households have access to the internet. 83.5% of the UK population use the internet (according to the office of national statistics). I would hope Thistle fans aren't particularly Luddite in their behaviour, so I should think you are probably mistaken on both counts

Regardless. The club can very easily put out a statement that the Sunday newspapers can publish tomorrow. Simple pimple.

Whats the evidence that the 'vast majority of PTFC fans' would have voted for div3?

I would suggest the poll on here over last few weeks is representative of the support?

When they do polls for political support etc you tend to see the the same thing. It's a representative sample but very often reflects the view across the spectrum. They're not that far out.

If you think differently then you're off your chump. In saying that, if the board had properly consulted the fans, as promised...

It did. Jim logged on and started an argument. It's how dysfunctional families communicate.

Edited by McKennan

Dark passenger I guess your last comment is directed to me. I didn't say that was what I thought. Trotter is making an assumption about how the vast majority of fans feel just as he is assuming that because the board haven't made their statement clear then they probably voted yes. You know what they say if you assume something - it makes an ass out of u and me.

If you don't believe he voted no even though he said he would, would you believe it if he said so on the web site or do you need to see the voting paper.

"Partick Thistle chairman David Beattie backed (Livingston chairman) McDougall’s assessment. He said: “We’re still of the opinion league reconstruction and financial redistribution should be on the agenda, but as one body of 42 clubs driving it forward.

“The integrity of the game has been upheld by the SFL’s decision on Rangers. It was a very brave decision but a good one and the fans will be extremely happy. The whole financial model of Scottish football now has to be looked at again.”

That's the first direct quote I've seen. If genuine must have been a 'no' surely, otherwise that's some brass neck.

Dark passenger I guess your last comment is directed to me. I didn't say that was what I thought. Trotter is making an assumption about how the vast majority of fans feel just as he is assuming that because the board haven't made their statement clear then they probably voted yes. You know what they say if you assume something - it makes an ass out of u and me. If you don't believe he voted no even though he said he would, would you believe it if he said so on the web site or do you need to see the voting paper.

I want to see him make a statement to the wider fanbase, not a fan. And I want him to do it when all arguments and representations have been heard. It really isn't too much to ask.

It did. Jim logged on and started an argument. It's how dysfunctional families communicate.

:thumbsup2: Brilliant - fair shout Mck - wasnt really my intention but sort of ended up like that - however I am not in charge of PTFC Communications and if you care to check the PTFC Group in the linkedin site I expressed similiar views long long before David Beattie gave an interview.

would he have voted yes, knowing they were gonna get punted

The story goes though that Green told the SFL chairnman that Regan had said there's no way Sevco Rovers will be playing SFL3 footy next season- that was before the vote.

Mr Beattie thinks 'SPL2'. How does he vote?

if you care to check the PTFC Group in the linkedin site I expressed similiar views long long before David Beattie gave an interview.

Simple question Jim - have you ever had a conversation with DB where you discussed Newco/Sevco/Zombieco on where they should be 'slotted in' should they be kicked out the SPL? ..... and/or if there was league reconstruction, you discussed as to what form that reconstruction should be and/or where Hunswereus should be 'slotted in' ?

Simple question Jim - have you ever had a conversation with DB where you discussed Newco/Sevco/Zombieco on where they should be 'slotted in' should they be kicked out the SPL? ..... and/or if there was league reconstruction, you discussed as to what form that reconstruction should be and/or where Hunswereus should be 'slotted in' ?

Only after I started the discussion on the Forum not prior to it - as Ive said Colin Quinn started a discussion on the PTFC Linkedin Group asking for people views on wither Rangers should be allowed to into the SFL 1 ,its a matter of public record that I said yes and if you care to check the timings I replied within a couple of minutes to the question ,that was my honest view without influence from any third parties.

After the debate ( or me getting my balls booted :innocent2: ) on the Forum ,Yes I had a breif discussion with David Beattie,it was no more than he had already stated in the press ,he neither influenced my view either way nor me his.

The Club stated that they were voting no ,whilst I have a personal view, we require to reflect the views of our fans thats it,no ifs or buts -the statement voting No is the correct line to take ,putting on a simple commercial head the disadvantages of Newco outweigh the advantages - you vote No ,state this move on - and being brutal e mail every person who contacted the Club asking for a No vote asking them to now purchase a Season Ticket as we need to make up the Warriors money and Newco isnt an option.

The Club stated that they were voting no ,whilst I have a personal view, we require to reflect the views of our fans thats it,no ifs or buts -the statement voting No is the correct line to take ,putting on a simple commercial head the disadvantages of Newco outweigh the advantages - you vote No ,state this move on - and being brutal e mail every person who contacted the Club asking for a No vote asking them to now purchase a Season Ticket as we need to make up the Warriors money and Newco isnt an option.

Do you feel those people would be within their rights to ask the club to clarify their voting on the three resolutions yesterday in seeing the DR seem to be suggesting we voted 'yes' to resolution ii)?

I'm more than happy to purchase a ST when I get that clarity stating it was a 'no' to resolution ii)

Do you feel those people would be within their rights to ask the club to clarify their voting on the three resolutions yesterday in seeing the DR seem to be suggesting we voted 'yes' to resolution ii)?

I'm more than happy to purchase a ST when I get that clarity stating it was a 'no' to resolution ii)

We are a business as well as a Football Club the Daily Record Story has to be dealt with - it has implications on our abilty to sell Season Tickets - as a Business we have to react to the story - kill it quickly, move on - so yes seeking clarification is a perfectly reasonable stance to take, in my opinion.

We are a business as well as a Football Club the Daily Record Story has to be dealt with - it has implications on our abilty to sell Season Tickets - as a Business we have to react to the story - kill it quickly, move on - so yes seeking clarification is a perfectly reasonable stance to take, in my opinion.

Agreed. & the fact they haven't killed it quickly is causing unhelpful speculation & conjecture.

Only after I started the discussion on the Forum not prior to it - as Ive said Colin Quinn started a discussion on the PTFC Linkedin Group asking for people views on wither Rangers should be allowed to into the SFL 1 ,its a matter of public record that I said yes and if you care to check the timings I replied within a couple of minutes to the question ,that was my honest view without influence from any third parties.

After the debate ( or me getting my balls booted :innocent2: ) on the Forum ,Yes I had a breif discussion with David Beattie,it was no more than he had already stated in the press ,he neither influenced my view either way nor me his.

Thanks for your response and clarification Jim. Particularily your last paragraph, and also your acknowledgement that "putting on a simple commercial head the disadvantages of Newco outweigh the advantages".

Ditto on this.

Any chance you could give DB a call just now and convey your words of these posts and get him to act as you suggest he should, and put all this speculation, distrust and uncertainity to bed once and for all?

Hope your balls have recovered, it wasn't personal.