Named As 1 Of The 5

ClydebankJag

Of course the Record is a complete rag not worth wiping your backside with, but I just want a firm answer instead of this confusion, obfuscation and bewilderment.

Any decisions made by any fan can only be made with full possession of the facts.

Alternatively, continued silence & refusal to deny what has been printed in this morning's paper means a 'yes' vote to resolution ii IMO.

Which means 'fan consultation' did not mean anything in previous statement.

Why should we trust the guy now?

It's up to him to win our trust.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm told we have an aging fanbase. Even now I feel a few seconds older.

We've heard too that zillions of them are so old a keyboard without a inked ribbon would throw them into confusion.

These oldies were brought up on the Daily Record. Many a meal has been eaten from those pages.

They are the ones who have woken up to this "article" naming / shaming us.

We need to get this resolved and onto the streets of Glasgow PRONTO!!

Edited by Shuggie

Brechin latest:

"To keep all our supporters in the picture we have decided to release the following brief statement : -

Following a detailed and informative meeting of all 30 SFL clubs at Hampden today, we voted as follows ;

On Resolution 1 which allowed Rangers to join the SFL we voted Yes.

On Resolution 2 which would have allowed Rangers to be parachuted into Division 1 we voted No.

As we agreed with our members at our AGM on Wednesday, we decided that we would only agree to Rangers joining Division 1 if we were completely satisfied that the reconstruction and merging of the leagues as well as the other conditions outlined in the heads of terms could be guaranteed. As such an undertaking could not be given, we felt unable to support Resolution 2.

As with all other SFL clubs, we now await with interest and a certain amount of trepidation, the repercussions of today's decision."

sounds like there was discussion of a stitch up?

Edited by Shuggie

Unless Brechin are lying that article is wrong because they voted for Division 3.

It could be wrong in their case...

Hamilton were a definite yes, btw. Their chairman is directly quoted as saying so in the Record, as are Queens.

You may disagree with their position, but at least they have the balls to come clean on the way they voted.

Edited by Dark Passenger

It seems that no matter what Beattie says or does, some people on here want to think the worst. Even although some e mails from the club to individuals categorically state that Thistle were going to vote No to Div1. You seem to accept other clubs indications of voting before the actual vote is good enough but not Thistles. You also seem to think that the club web page is the only way to communicate even although there have been other comments attributed to Mr Beattie. Why don't you doubters phone the guy up and it get the answer personally. It seems that is the only way you will be satisfied.

Support Thistle and let's get on with the new season

It could be wrong in their case...

Hamilton were a definite yes, btw. Their chairman is directly quoted as saying so in the Record, as are Queens.

You may disagree with their position, but at least they have the balls to come clean on the way they voted.

so there goes the theory that the SFL1 Chairs were to keep their voting secret?

This article is a good thing, it means we have to come out and say we voted no if of course we did vote no. No chairman would allow that to stay in the paper if it was factually incorrect knowing full well it will reduce season ticket sales, pay at the gate home fans and of course away fans as well. So basically unless Beattie publicly rubbishes the article we have voted yes to allow them into SFL1.

It seems that no matter what Beattie says or does, some people on here want to think the worst. Even although some e mails from the club to individuals categorically state that Thistle were going to vote No to Div1. You seem to accept other clubs indications of voting before the actual vote is good enough but not Thistles. You also seem to think that the club web page is the only way to communicate even although there have been other comments attributed to Mr Beattie. Why don't you doubters phone the guy up and it get the answer personally. It seems that is the only way you will be satisfied.

So if that is the case, release it on official site & we can all move on with new season.

Mr Beattie hasn't helped himself on so many occasions with the Trust, Propco etc. In meet the board nights he portrays himself as an open, ask me anything guy.

So.... Yes or No? Why won't he say?

Personally I'm not thinking the worst. I'm confused.

My e-mails to the club were given no reply. Perhaps other people got e-mails but I didn't.

The statements released by the club on the other hand have been vague.

I don't really care about other clubs' stated intentions, I only care about Thistles.

I don't think we should all have to phone up the club individually to get a concrete answer. Not when there's this internet thing these days.

A straight answer is a very little thing.

To be honest I'm somewhat confused by the smoke signals coming from the club. Paticularly, so as I bought mt season ticket yeaterday on the back of us doing the right thing. Howevr, I think it is part of the horrible situation which has been caused in large part due to the lack of leadership and moral leadership from the SFA/SFL; aided and willingly abetted by the Rangers freindly media. Resulting in half-truth and rumour being given credence to fill the knowledge gap.

This should not detract from the fact that had it not been from the pressure excerted by the tireless energies of ordinary non-Rangers fans without whose pressure, I am sure NewCo Rangers would have been swiftly re-admitted to the SPL, let alone SFL1.

This should not detract from the fact that had it not been from the pressure excerted by the tireless energies of ordinary non-Rangers fans without whose pressure, I am sure NewCo Rangers would have been swiftly re-admitted to the SPL, let alone SFL1.

To which, with every passing hour of non-commital silence from our club, looks like Beattie wanted (SFL1 entry).

Why email a fan saying you'll vote 'no' and then do something different?

Why issue a statement which says 'no but...' suggesting you want SFA to solve it (resolution ii) which would mean 'yes'?

Why issue a non-commital statement asking for the fans to back the club financially when many have said they will do so -if the club voted 'no'?

Why let the DR print a story that suggests you voted 'yes' without denying it immediately which leaves your club open to financial sanctions from other clubs fans & your own- unless you did indeed vote 'yes'?

Many people want Regan/Doncaster out the door for their part in this.

If Mr Beattie has gone against the vast majority of PTFC fans wishes, & indeed lied blantantly in email correspondance to a fellow fan, then he can go as well as far as I am concerned.

So, the onus & responsibility is on him to tell us which way the club voted & stop the specualtion and conjecture.

Edited by Trotter

No it doesn't. Having read all the online articles in today's Record, this is the only reference to Thistle I can see, which seems to indicate we voted No -

"Partick Thistle chairman David Beattie backed (Livingston chairman) McDougall’s assessment. He said: “We’re still of the opinion league reconstruction and financial redistribution should be on the agenda, but as one body of 42 clubs driving it forward.

“The integrity of the game has been upheld by the SFL’s decision on Rangers. It was a very brave decision but a good one and the fans will be extremely happy. The whole financial model of Scottish football now has to be looked at again.”

Beattie doesn't exactly sound disappointed by the outcome here, which you might imagine he would if he had voted in favour of SFL1.

When I read the statement on the club's website yesterday I thought they were maybe just being cute by being candid about how they voted, so as not to ostracise the club from any Rangers fans who might consider taking in the odd Jags game this season. However, that option has now gone, because thanks to this story from the Record the club now faces the prospect of a boycott by fans from the vast majority of the other clubs who voted 'no', as well as its own support.

I for one will be hugely disappointed if it turns out that our BoD voted 'yes'. If they didn't, then they need to release a statement setting the record straight (in more ways than one!).

Forgetting the obvious impact a YES vote will have on our own fans and that of rivals during the season, we are 1 week away from the first pre season tournament at Firhill. Now we obviously picked Celtic so to get a few bums on seats and generate as much money as possible. Every one of the teams i would imagine will get a slice of the gate receipts, so IF we have voted YES, we could find there are more players at Firhill next weekend than there will be supporters! The tournament could end up being a very costly exercise as opposed to the money spinning one we set it out to be.