Named As 1 Of The 5

ClydebankJag

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If true, the BOD have made a monumental error. Not only alienate your own fans, but I a pretty sure many away fans will boycott Firhill for years to come in protest.

Surely the club must have gauged the feeling of other clubs and realised that a yes vote was a non starter. Other clubs did not want it and the fans did not want it. What, other than the fact you are a massive Rangers fan and want the reincarnation of Rangers at the top ASAP can be a possible justification for ignoring your customers and others in your market place?

No it doesn't. Having read all the online articles in today's Record, this is the only reference to Thistle I can see, which seems to indicate we voted No -

"Partick Thistle chairman David Beattie backed (Livingston chairman) McDougall’s assessment. He said: “We’re still of the opinion league reconstruction and financial redistribution should be on the agenda, but as one body of 42 clubs driving it forward.

“The integrity of the game has been upheld by the SFL’s decision on Rangers. It was a very brave decision but a good one and the fans will be extremely happy. The whole financial model of Scottish football now has to be looked at again.”

No it doesn't. Having read all the online articles in today's Record, this is the only reference to Thistle I can see, which seems to indicate we voted No -

"Partick Thistle chairman David Beattie backed (Livingston chairman) McDougall’s assessment. He said: “We’re still of the opinion league reconstruction and financial redistribution should be on the agenda, but as one body of 42 clubs driving it forward.

“The integrity of the game has been upheld by the SFL’s decision on Rangers. It was a very brave decision but a good one and the fans will be extremely happy. The whole financial model of Scottish football now has to be looked at again.”

Agreed.

I've not read it myself but was told they also named Brechin as 1 of the 5 when Brechin have released a statement detailing their votes and stating they said no to div 1.

Latest statement on Brechin City's website

"Following a detailed and informative meeting of all 30 SFL clubs at Hampden today, we voted as follows ;

"On Resolution 1 which allowed Rangers to join the SFL we voted Yes.

"On Resolution 2 which would have allowed Rangers to be parachuted into Division 1 we voted No.

"As we agreed with our members at our AGM on Wednesday, we decided that we would only agree to Rangers joining Division 1 if we were completely satisfied that the reconstruction and merging of the leagues as well as the other conditions outlined in the heads of terms could be guaranteed. As such an undertaking could not be given, we felt unable to support Resolution 2.

"As with all other SFL clubs, we now await with interest and a certain amount of trepidation, the repercussions of today's decision."

Edited by kni

The club HAVE to understand just how important it is to come out immediately and tell us which way they voted. That purposefully vague statement yesterday is no where near enough.

**** I did not want to open up this forum this morning and see a thread like this.

A mistakenly reported yes is financially damaging to the business and we're all about the business. So get it corrected if it isn't true.

And I'll try not to be worried by Mr Beattie's track record of commenting in the press in a way that covers his tracks after a vote. (See JJ's removal from the club board for a very similar pattern of comments to the ones credited to him yesterday.)

The Record is a total rag. The print retractions all the time. They are just good at hiding them.

Personally I don't think the club has voted for Division 1. They previously said Newco in Div 1 was unacceptable in the current format which we are still in.

However even if they have voted for Division 1 it now won't stop me from going. Beattie is a **** for it but he right thing has been done by the other clubs.

Heading off on holiday, but Maxi has an e-mail from me confirming that if we voted against or are unwilling to make a statement how we voted then I want my season ticket money refunded.

Not willing to be associated with or financially assist the apparently duplicitous people at the helm of the club

Of course the Record is a complete rag not worth wiping your backside with, but I just want a firm answer instead of this confusion, obfuscation and bewilderment.

Any decisions made by any fan can only be made with full possession of the facts.

"we understand" is what it says. The Record also "understands" Brechin voted Yes, but they clearly voted No.

Nothing definitive I guess.

Nothing definitive, but damaging nonetheless. If this is false the board needs to act immediately, as it will impact on home and away crowds for the coming season.