Closed Doors Game

Firhillista

i see it's 1-1 with St. Johnstone at half time and we're fielding some Italian trialists. Anyone interested in football, or are we all still pursuing the newco jihad?

Personally, I don't give a toss if we did vote yes. Fact is, the vote went for the Third division. There's something deeply unpleasant about the way in which some people are pursuing this issue. It seems to me that there's too many folk who want to use the moral high ground to piss on folk they see as beneath them. If anyone wants to stop supporting Thistle because of this, then that's up to them. Not sure I'll miss the smell of righteous indignation.

Any other word on how the lads played?

big Italian keeper was pretty poor , decent shot stopper maybe could have done better with both goals , strong speeder Italian striker came over just into the second half looked pretty bright , didnt get any chances though , Erskine had a cracking shot from 25 yards which produced a good save , Murray bossed midfield , Jamie Campbell made some cracking runs up the right , All in all , solid performance and good run out (Ps i only got there at half time so dont have a clue about 1st half , we could of played like barca for all i know...

Why the hell are we looking at a keeper?

Given the finances in football then a young backup to our usual first choice is all we need. Is there any chance we think Fox could be off if Dundee get promoted? Surely not?

Did Jackie not say early in the pre season that he would like to send Scully out on loan to play first team football on a week to week basis? If that happens we would need a slightly more experienced back up that Wightman in case Fox gets an injury or suspension.

Why the hell are we looking at a keeper?

Given the finances in football then a young backup to our usual first choice is all we need. Is there any chance we think Fox could be off if Dundee get promoted? Surely not?

Wouldn't have thought Fox would want to go back to Dens. Don't think they'd want him either.

St Johnstone match report now up on official site (no new board statement yet though).

Tuffey was one of SJs subs. Our team was: Team: Trialist, O’Donnell (Campbell), Sinclair (Bannigan), Paton (Trialist), Balatoni, Rowson, Lawless (Trialist), Welsh (Halsman), Elliott (Doolan), Murray, Trialist (Erskine).

Trialists were 2 Italian boys, one a keeper and one a left winger named Ivan something. Keeper didn't look too good.

As mentioned before on here, jackie wants scully out on loan next season so that's why we are prob looking at a keeper.

Elliot scored for us in a 2-1 defeat, nice lobbed finah too : )

good that we seem to be playing good football,bit of a cocern that we are not scoring,we are looking at a back-up for foxy,would prefer thar any spare cash went on a centre,or am i being a doom/gloom merchant.Anyway really looking forward to winning something this year,Mon the Jags.