New Signing - James Craigen

northernsoul

Looks a decent signing and gives us another option up top.

I am still a little worried that outside Doolan we don't have anyone with any experience of scoring goals in this division in our team (except perhaps for Erskine).

To have a successful season you feel one of McGuigan, Elliot or Craigen will have to really step up and get us 10+ goals

Looks a decent signing and gives us another option up top.

I am still a little worried that outside Doolan we don't have anyone with any experience of scoring goals in this division in our team (except perhaps for Erskine).

To have a successful season you feel one of McGuigan, Elliot or Craigen will have to really step up and get us 10+ goals

Hope I am not jumping the gun but Lawless possibly could well be a challenger for 10+ goals.

Forgot to add all the best at the Jags James :thumbsup2:

Edited by Third Lanark

Sounds like a good prospect who'll hopefully give us another option up front. :thumbsup2:

On a side note, however, it really is quite a sad state affairs when we would normally be expected to struggle to compete financially with an English Conference team (as McNamara claims in the interview).

Maybe he lives in or near Glasgow - could mean it was financially better to join Thistle than pay for expensive digs down south. Not that he wasn't thinking that we were a great team to join of course.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Maybe he lives in or near Glasgow - could mean it was financially better to join Thistle than pay for expensive digs down south. Not that he wasn't thinking that we were a great tema to join of course.

Maybe, but I can't imagine a conference club being able to offer much more than us. Their crowds aren't much bigger and they still don't get much TV money. I think it's as much to do with the fact he's been studying in Edinburgh, so he'll know Scotland.

Hope I am not jumping the gun but Lawless possibly could well be a challenger for 10+ goals.

Forgot to add all the best at the Jags James :thumbsup2:

I see a few who could get goals. Lawless, McGuigan, Erskine and Doolan are the obvious ones, but I think Welsh and Elliot are also possibilities.

Maybe, but I can't imagine a conference club being able to offer much more than us. Their crowds aren't much bigger and they still don't get much TV money. I think it's as much to do with the fact he's been studying in Edinburgh, so he'll know Scotland.

Tamworth's crowds are about 1000 per game. Maybe they have a sugar daddy.

I thought he was supposed to be a midfielder but it's probably better that he's not. Sounds good technically, which is becoming the norm for Jackie's signings. Seems like he could be a useful addition and a two-year deal gives him time to settle in. Barring bringing in a keeper for cover if Scully leaves on loan, I would imagine that's our business more or less done and dusted. A loan signing for extra cover in defence would be nice, though.

Looks promising, anyone know how tall he is?

Not huge. Saw him play for Edinburgh Uni last year. The day I saw him he wasn't an out-and-out striker. Having said that him and a bloke called Beacher our Bleacher or something like that were the two stand-out players in the Uni team that day and in general the whole team were very physically fit looking.