Looking Ahead

thornwoodjag

If we are using a policy of using back up players in this comp, after tonight, I wouldn't think any team would be a "gimme", I don't really care about this competition but it's a bonus if you can get a few wins with your back up players.

Was surprised not to see the young midfielder Halsman in the squad.

We can get:

Stenhousemuir

Arbroath

Queen of the south

Cowdenbeath

Raith

East Stirling

The Rangers/Falkirk

I would take The Rangers, Stenhousemuir, Arbroath, Queen of the south and East Stirling away. Falkirk Raith or Cowdenbeath at home.

It is on a Sunday in September so a wee away day would be good!! :)

Edited by little_miss_jag

We can get:

Stenhousemuir

Arbroath

Queen of the south

Cowdenbeath

Raith

East Stirling

The Rangers/Falkirk

I would take The Rangers, Stenhousemuir, Arbroath, Queen of the south and East Stirling away. Falkirk Raith or Cowdenbeath at home.

It is on a Sunday in September so a wee away day would be good!! :)

Going by recent results, it's improbable that Sevco 5088 would beat Falkirk FC. :)

Never really care for this daft cup. It's normally very unlikely you can progress in it without playing against teams you'll play four times a season as it is. However as long as sevco are still in it there's a chance of a decent pay day.

Failing drawing with the Southside Johnnies I'd like to see us get a tie with a Div 2 outfit. I know a home tie isn't usually preferred, as we make less dosh and are lucky to break even, but travelling to the likes of Dumfries or Arbroath on a Sunday might be problematic and I've seen enough of plastic pitches already to not favour a trip to Ochilview.

I will repeat what I have been saying for many years. I think it would be TREMENDOUS for us to win the challenge cup. We have more of a "dormant" support than most teams and I really believe we would take a crowd of 4,000 at least to a final.

Would be a massive boost for everyone at the club I reckon.

I will repeat what I have been saying for many years. I think it would be TREMENDOUS for us to win the challenge cup. We have more of a "dormant" support than most teams and I really believe we would take a crowd of 4,000 at least to a final.

Absolutely, spot on ian_mac - bring it on. You can't knock a bit of silverware to improve moral, just look at the positive start we've had since the mini tournie and the team being told that they are Winners. They might actually start believing it and that would be fantastic to see on the pitch.

you need a winners attitude before you can be a winner.

100% bang on.

To be involved in a final, even if it was the Challenge Cup, would be a brilliant occasion for all the fans and the club as a whole.

The only clubs I'd say we'd be potentially up against it against would be Rangers or Falkirk and one of them won't be an issue as of next week.

I'd love to beat Sevco in a final at Hampden.

Next round I reckon the best draw would be Stenny or East Stirling away (they still play at Ochilview don't they?). Easy to get to even on a Sunday, won't cost the club money, terracing, not in our own division and of course a win.

I'd love to beat Sevco in a final at Hampden.

Next round I reckon the best draw would be Stenny or East Stirling away (they still play at Ochilview don't they?). Easy to get to even on a Sunday, won't cost the club money, terracing, not in our own division and of course a win.

have they got a plastic pitch aswell? I'm sick of them already! east stirling at home will do me nicely.

I think getting Sevco in any round prior to a potential final, would be a bit pish for us. Sure it will be a decent pay day, but as it is scheduled to take place on an international weekend, is it not likely that they will ask to get their game moved to a midweek?

There's talk of a sizable sevco boycott of Hampden so maybe an away draw at Ibrox would be better.