Pick The Matchday Music

little_miss_jag

It's "Thistle Boy" by The Real mcKenzies. The chorus is "Oh yeah he's a Thistle Boy...Thistle Boy"

I was hoping it might catch on and people would sing a long to it.... another reason why "hope" isn't a strategy ...

Its catchy, couldnt understand the lyrics though which is why i couldnt find it!

:innocent: Right ... who is the arbiter of musical taste at Firhill. I and Ally McCoist and millions of people want to know who they are, deciding what a fan can and can't have played at the ground for their hard-earned.

:music:

Actually, does this money-spinner not strike anyone as a bit bonkers? I know someone who's bought a King Crimson box set. I'm sure he's a secret GG Allin fan and has an An*l C*nt t-shirt somewhere.

What next? Pick the team for £10,000? :frantic:

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't at the Accies match, but wondered if this proposal had got as far as it's first sponsor? Did some Jag or group of Jags have their playlist inflicted on the masses pre-match?

I saw in the Metro either today or yesterday that something similar (though it is a vote rather than a sponsorship) was being proposed for the Scotland game at Hampden. Here's the link for that:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=10506&newsCategoryID=1

Not much to my tastes on the Scotland list, but I'm sure we used to come out to Blitzkrieg Bop a couple of seasons ago.

• 1 month later...