Dumbarton Game On Saturday

Fawlty Towers

It closed at the start of the month mate. Never been in but it always seemed to have a decent number of customers.

Bit like Sevco maybe :P

No way! Having posted about it I was giving serious consideration to going there for my lunch tomorrow. Seems strange as, like you say, it always seemed busy.

I wonder which Partick Cross property has had the most occupants in the last five years - the one that was Bruadar or the one that was Pinata? They both change at a ridiculous frequency.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a mate (no, really, I do) who's thinking of coming along but the important question is: what's the nearest real-ale - and I DO NOT MEAN DEUCHERS - pub to Firhill?

It's also my squeaky-bum match.

If you want a decent real ale pub the Bon Accord at Charing X just above the M8 (Mitchell Library side) is superb. They also have some Jags stuff kicking around the pub as well IIRC.

We should beat Dumbarton easily - this usually means that we will lose in true Partick Thistle style (is it not a club tradition?).

Would love to be there but have other commitments over the weekend that clash. Boo :sad1:

No way! Having posted about it I was giving serious consideration to going there for my lunch tomorrow. Seems strange as, like you say, it always seemed busy.

I wonder which Partick Cross property has had the most occupants in the last five years - the one that was Bruadar or the one that was Pinata? They both change at a ridiculous frequency.

If you want to extend it a wee bit, the one that's now the Brewdog pub opposite the Art Galleries must have had about 8 or 9 different incarnations in the last 12 years. If the Brewdog thing doesn't work there I can't see anything doing it.

Have you ever watched Dumbarton sober?

Er no. But I'll be sober this Saturday as driving.

Trust me, we will horse them; perhaps extra motivation given who is their Club Secretary and the reasons why she left Thistle?

4-0

Edited by sandy

Er no. But I'll be sober this Saturday as driving.

Trust me, we will horse them; perhaps extra motivation given who is their Club Secretary and the reasons why she left Thistle?

4-0

Seriously? You think that will motivate players who were not even at Firhill more than the desire to make it 9 points out of 9? :thinking:

Edited by Steven H

heres hoping for a good turn out, suggest that every member on here drags at least one extra body along even if it is just stealing someones kid(s) for the afternoon) trying to convince the wife to come along even if its to perv over Simon Donnelly for 90 minutes rather than support the jags

Dumbarton have had a shocking start, and based on their Twitter feed on Saturday (I was at home because I couldn't get a bus to Dunfermline in time) they're giving away needless goals left, right and centre. Basically, if you push them they'll crack.

Still, they pose some attacking threat. One of their guys is a good set-piece taker (scored from a corner last season) and they keep fighting. It has banana skin written all over it, but if we get ahead early on we'll probably not look back. Our front line could cause their leaky defence some massive headaches, and we need to use that.

that poster is setting us up for a major fail!

Yeah, I've known what I wanted it to say since the Falkirk game, but thought I'd have to reconsider around the 87th minute at Hampden!

We are now 9 games unbeaten in the league and cup going back to April14th against Raith - nothing like having a bit of optimism!

We're trying to get people along to the match that are lapsed/neutral/just wanting to see a decent game of football, so we've got to focus on the positives.