Pttv: Dunfermline Athletic Highlights

fritzy

Really impressed with that, although the highlights don't really tell the whole story. Looked really dangerous on the break in the second half, but the possession in the first was superb. Just hope that Dumbarton don't dash the optimism that seems to be appearing around the place. If we beat them on Saturday then I might just start to believe - the banana skins are our traditional downfall :)

Some of the possession football we played in the first half, you have to say, is absolutely outstanding. I can't quite believe the patience we are showing when in possession. Every time we passed the ball, the scotsman in me was thinking that eventually someone (probably archie) would panic and try to hoof it up the park. But no one did, and it shows a real growth in awareness throughout the squad which Jackie and the other coaches must take a huge amount of credit for.

In the second half we really should have punished them on the break, and I'm sure Jackie will be aware of that too. But the important thing is that we won the game. Probably one of the most convincing 1-0 wins you will ever see, despite what Jeffries thinks

42 consecutive passes: is it exaggerating to say I have NEVER seen that from Thistle before? Soo-fkn-perb.

By the way, don't know how well it comes across in the highlights, but I thought that Dools and Erskine were tremendous yesterday, with O'Donnell and Bannigan right up there too.

During that move I could hear some ar*ehole shouting "get it forward" and "this is pish".

I see some people are still stuck back in the 1980s.

Well done to all at the club for getting this up so quickly.

The surface at EEP really seemed to suit our passing game unlike Alloa's pitch where the ball seemed to stick to the plastic more. I hope that the loss of the Warriors means that we are able to play this way at Firhill this season. 42 passes is definitely the way to play when you're one or two nil up at home - bring it on!