Team V Hamilton

Alan Murray

Injury doubts over Muirhead and Lawless. If Lawless is out I would like to see Bannigan get a shot at his role in the team.

Hamilton having Alex Neil back fit is a big boost for them this season. Would be in my top five players in the league. Keeping him fit will be key for them this year, especially with the young squad that they have.

............................Fox

O'Donnell....Muirhead.....Archibald….. Bannigan

...................... Murray...........................

.......... Paton………………... Welsh

………...Lawless..............Erskine

.......................Doolan

Subs

Scully

Sinclair

Craigen

Elliot

Craig

Injury doubts over Muirhead and Lawless. If Lawless is out I would like to see Bannigan get a shot at his role in the team.

Hamilton having Alex Neil back fit is a big boost for them this season. Would be in my top five players in the league. Keeping him fit will be key for them this year, especially with the young squad that they have.

............................Fox

O'Donnell....Muirhead.....Archibald….. Bannigan

...................... Murray...........................

.......... Paton………………... Welsh

………...Lawless..............Erskine

.......................Doolan

Subs

Scully

Sinclair

Craigen

Elliot

Craig

Agree, stick with the winning team.

Swap Balatoni for Elliot

That would require Erskine to move over to the right as Bannigan is left footed - though Erskine has played on that side before and I think he is more two footed than Bannigan (though Bannigan is by no means one of these players who can only use one foot). I thought maybe Craig would come straight in for Lawless if he doesn't make it but reading the manager's comments again I think he may just start on the bench.

Yes I saw some comments from Hamilton fans about how important it was to get him back. Good thing for us that we've got Murray back - he'll be a key player for us and we have to hope Rowson gets fit soon in case he gets injured or suspended.

Thought Neil did well the other night even if he wasn't played in his preferred position. Having experienced players fit and suspension free could be most significant this season not just for us but quite a few other sides as well. For instance, tho' I don't rate him that highly, I got the impression that Falkirk missed Dods against us the other week

Murray is howling. Only negative but had my doubts when we signed him.

disagree murray and paton ran the show especially 2nd half murray always plays the simple pass goes in hard on the tackle most of which he wins makes himself available for a pass. he made a mistake today that could have been costly but so did a few other players murray along with doolan and paton would be the first names on the team sheet imho :thumbsup2:

• Members

So thats Dools and Archie off!! Are Accies being physical??

And some! Amazingly only one yellow and that could easily have been a red. Wasn't at the game on Tuesday so don't know what they were like then but on today's evidence, Billy Reid has got this side playing like the Clyde cluggers of the late 90's early 00's.

Want at the game but was told, in the first half the no8 man marked Murray out the game, but he still did enough to make himself available.

When they pushed the no8 upfront in the second half that gave Murray more time.

Anyone who thinks Murray is rubbush is either a WUM or really doesn't get how football should be played and how we are playing it.

So thats Dools and Archie off!! Are Accies being physical??

And some! Amazingly only one yellow and that could easily have been a red. Wasn't at the game on Tuesday so don't know what they were like then but on today's evidence, Billy Reid has got this side playing like the Clyde cluggers of the late 90's early 00's.

Yes, they were very "physical" (i.e. dirty) on Tuesday evening: that's why the preview of today's game said Muirhead might not play - because he had been brought down twice by being clouted round the shoulders. Scott Fox was also brought down in his own box while surrounded by players - the mark of an opposing side that is being coached into how to foul without being detected, since no goalkeeper willingly falls down when defending on his own line. Thankfully, they are no Leeds United! :yellow_card:

Yes, they were very "physical" (i.e. dirty) on Tuesday evening: that's why the preview of today's game said Muirhead might not play - because he had been brought down twice by being clouted round the shoulders. Scott Fox was also brought down in his own box while surrounded by players - the mark of an opposing side that is being coached into how to foul without being detected, since no goalkeeper willingly falls down when defending on his own line. Thankfully, they are no Leeds United! :yellow_card:

So if they were correct in complaining about a foul on their goalkeeper it's case of poetic justice. Not that I'm saying he was fouled more they've a nerve complaining so much over it. Mind you their keeper got booked which was amusing given what you say about Tuesday.

Want at the game but was told, in the first half the no8 man marked Murray out the game, but he still did enough to make himself available.

When they pushed the no8 upfront in the second half that gave Murray more time.

Anyone who thinks Murray is rubbush is either a WUM or really doesn't get how football should be played and how we are playing it.

Well, I was at the game. I was sceptical about Murray's signing but was willing to give him a chance - however, he's a waste of a wage.