Discussion In My Work

Just part of a general football discussion wi my Celtic supporting boss. I think my guess is nearer the mark but he thinks Thistle will pay good wages. Tried to explain how small a squad we operate and that our top earning player is on about 30k. Just can't remember if details of McCall's deal were ever made public. I earn minimum wage.

Am I missing something here. Is it unreasonable to be interested in what the leader of my club is paid. Let's come at it from a different angle. Will the Thistle accounts tell me, are they made public and where can I see them. As a season ticket holder I would like some idea of where my cash goes.

that we didn't pay him off earlier?

Well McMaster was in charge at that point so that doesn't surprise me one bit.

DC's pay off may have been 80k but I can't believe we even paid any manager (in recent times) £80k a year.

Then again it wouldn't surprise me, nothing does with these financial 'experts' at the club.

Am I missing something here. Is it unreasonable to be interested in what the leader of my club is paid. Let's come at it from a different angle. Will the Thistle accounts tell me, are they made public and where can I see them. As a season ticket holder I would like some idea of where my cash goes.

Company accounts are public documents and can be viewed by using the companies house webcheck service. You have to pay £1 to get them though(to stop people taking the piss i think)

I would doubt that McCall's salary would be seperately listed in the accounts. It will be bundled in with the rest of the salaries.

Company accounts are public documents and can be viewed by using the companies house webcheck service. You have to pay £1 to get them though(to stop people taking the piss i think)

I would doubt that McCall's salary would be seperately listed in the accounts. It will be bundled in with the rest of the salaries.

Correct on both counts. The accounts can be obtained in pdf format via Companies House; they are short form accounts (which is appropriate for a company of this size) and do not give details of individual salaries.

Of course it's not unreasonable to be interested in Ian's salary. However, neither is it unreasonable to be told to go and mind your own bloody business. I don't recall what the accounts will tell you about Ian's pay, but I suspect there will be performance-related elements (god help us!) that make it complicated.

I'm not sure your status as a season ticket holder entitles you to that information any more than my being a Mac user entitles me to knowing what Steve Jobs earns. Thing is, we'll probably know more about Steve Jobs' wages than Ian's earnings. :rolleyes:

Of course it's not unreasonable to be interested in Ian's salary. However, neither is it unreasonable to be told to go and mind your own bloody business. I don't recall what the accounts will tell you about Ian's pay, but I suspect there will be performance-related elements (god help us!) that make it complicated.

I'm not sure your status as a season ticket holder entitles you to that information any more than my being a Mac user entitles me to knowing what Steve Jobs earns. Thing is, we'll probably know more about Steve Jobs' wages than Ian's earnings. :rolleyes:

Thought it would be nice to know considering the club I'm a member of only has about 2500 members and the boss of that club is Ian McCall. Reasonable request considering I pay an annual subscription. Guess football clubs don't work that way though?

Thought it would be nice to know considering the club I'm a member of only has about 2500 members and the boss of that club is Ian McCall. Reasonable request considering I pay an annual subscription. Guess football clubs don't work that way though?

Nope. It's a business, not a democracy. Sorry. Nothing to stop you from writing and asking though. :)

I think your perfectly intitled to ask what our manager earns. I remeber reading in the paper when John Lambie returned to us what he earned, so dont see why we should'nt know what McCall earns.