Red And Yellow

scotty

There are people who have sponsored our home strips this season,and they have yet to be worn, poor fare to be honest. All we have on this thread is think, I think, I think. Time for some facts from Thistle, wtf is going on. Can someone from 1 thistle find out? Then we can get an official response.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are people who have sponsored our home strips this season,and they have yet to be worn, poor fare to be honest. All we have on this thread is think, I think, I think. Time for some facts from Thistle, wtf is going on. Can someone from 1 thistle find out? Then we can get an official response.

Why don't you e-mail the club and ask for an official response?

Why don't you e-mail the club and ask for an official response?

I didn't email, I spoke to an official in person, see my earlier post, but unless you get things in writing on here people don't believe you. The reason we have no strips is that they were not ordered on time, they will be here in November.

Very good point.

There are people who sponsor away kits and they are hardly worn some seasons.

When we get the Red and Yellow top's we'll play in it for near enough every game. No great panic.

That's right, but nobody expects away kits to be worn too much. When people sponsor a home kit I reckon they expect it to be.....sort of......worn for most home matches.

Or is it just me.

apart from half of the matches, the away ones

How many clubs wear their away kit in every away match?

None.

Jaggernaut is correct. Everyone who chooses to sponsor an away kit knows what they're doing.

I posted my tuppenceworth earlier in the thread and got a 'why don't you e-mail the club?' in response.

The reason I don't is that in the grand scheme of life I'm not that bothered about it. I'm able to sleep in my bed at night despite Thistle's current strip issue. The point is, the fact a football club has been unable to wear its first choice kit for a quarter of a season is worthy of an explanation from someone in my opinion.

Edited by H Wragg

apart from half of the matches, the away ones

Are we obliged to wear the away strip at all away matches? I can't see the point of doing so at Falkirk or Raith Rovers where there would be a clash with the current away strip. Red and yellow should be worn unless their is a clash with the opposition's home strip, e.g. Livingston.

If I remember correctly, a change strip was only worn when there was a clash of colours. The only alternative strip Thistle wore in my younger days was an all white strip or the dark blue when we played Motherwell or Aberdeen or any other clubs whose colours clashed. There was no such thing as a "Home" or "Away" strip. The team wore the club colours at all times unless the above happened.

It should also be stated that when there was a clash of colours, the home team changed their strip as a courtesy to the visiting team.

I sponsored Christie Elliots full home kit this year and when I commented on this site about not being too happy I also recieved the response about why I didn,t contact the club

I duly did this and the reply was less than forth coming with its a "supplier problem" being the only response.

Time for an official statement on the club web site is due with an apology at the least.

What they don,t realise is that I will likely be the same as H WRAGG and just suck it up as I know that it is really only me giving a donation to the club. Cmon who would pay £475 for the kit in Greaves. But if this lack of clarity continues then sponsoring for a third year is certainly off the cards for me.

I sponsored Christie Elliots full home kit this year and when I commented on this site about not being too happy I also recieved the response about why I didn,t contact the club

I duly did this and the reply was less than forth coming with its a "supplier problem" being the only response.

Time for an official statement on the club web site is due with an apology at the least.

What they don,t realise is that I will likely be the same as H WRAGG and just suck it up as I know that it is really only me giving a donation to the club. Cmon who would pay £475 for the kit in Greaves. But if this lack of clarity continues then sponsoring for a third year is certainly off the cards for me.

This is exactly why the situation needs to be cleared up. There should even be a special offer or some kind of compensation for supporters who find themselves in this situation.

That's right, but nobody expects away kits to be worn too much. When people sponsor a home kit I reckon they expect it to be.....sort of......worn for most home matches.

Or is it just me.

do you think the strip you get has been worn for every game they wore the home strip for? if so whoever won paul paton away strip must be gutted as he ripped it last season

Since the Ramsdens Cup Final is not till April, I wonder if it will be possible that we can debut a nice new (proper) red and yellow strip (with black shorts)?

If they gave the players two (one for each half), they could keep one and the sponsor could get the other?

It would also sell well, so everyones a winner!!

Unfortunately I suspect there will be a unbreakable league rule that will stop this.

Edited by Ard Jag

That's completely different from sponsoring a kit. Nice try though.

Of course it is, but in your own words: "You pay your money, you take your chance."

In both cases you pay, expecting a particular outcome. In both, through no fault of your own, you don't get the outcome that you paid for. So why should you get a refund or an acceptable compensation, but a home-kit sponsor shouldn't?

Of course it is, but in your own words: "You pay your money, you take your chance."

In both cases you pay, expecting a particular outcome. In both, through no fault of your own, you don't get the outcome that you paid for. So why should you get a refund or an acceptable compensation, but a home-kit sponsor shouldn't?

No. The home-kit sponsors pay for a signed top. They'll still get that. Why should they get any compensation, because it's not been worn through the season? You pay your money and you take your chance if it's going to be worn.

No. The home-kit sponsors pay for a signed top. They'll still get that. Why should they get any compensation, because it's not been worn through the season? You pay your money and you take your chance if it's going to be worn.

cant see match wear on ryan scullys top do they get there cash back if he doesnt play in the first team? :innocent2: