Red And Yellow

scotty

I just love this way strip ( I hvae an assortment of older ones too)

I do not for an instant think that it has an impact on what this team does on the field.

OK Maybes I fibbed. It could be that when we play in the R&Y we'll play even better!!

That is a fair point. Maybe we're playing poorer than we could because we're NOT wearing the red and yellow :D

Decisions decisions!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really either. I'm a non-believer and I don't believe in superstition.

This, however, is more important than whether or not I believe in God or whether I put my left sock on before my right every day in life.

We're in the unusual (unique?) situation where we've played more than a dozen games in our away strip (includind friendlies) and haven't lost over 90 minutes.

What's more important to me? My conviction that it's all mumbo jumbo shite, or Thistle's continued success?

The latter!! Keep it!

Oi! That's my particular quirk. Damn Jock Stein for saying he did it.

I really don't care - we are winning games. Surely that is all that matters?

For what it's worth, I don't like the away strip, but I do like winning football matches.

agreed..anything for a moan some people...couldnt give a sh it what top we wear..as long as its not the jester strip which to be fair was quite apt for a team of clowns

Jackie said himself that superstition is not the reason we are playing in the away kit. Win, lose or draw between now and then, I want to see us in our colours as soon as the strips are available. As for 'surely all that matters is winning'. Well duh, but are you saying the strip we wear has a direct impact on whether we win or not? Sorry, I don't believe that to be true at all.

The club should explain why it has not received new home strips from Puma. The first league home game was over a month ago. It appears that Greaves are short of home strips too.

I really like the away kit. It's unique and eye catching, but it remains a change kit for when there's a clash (with Livi and Hamilton away, barring cup heroics). I say we should play in red and yellow when we can, the team might play even better for all we know!

If nothing else. Firhill on a nice day is just a sea of red and yellow, and it just looks a bit odd to see them all cheering a team wearing navy and purple.

I really like the away kit. It's unique and eye catching, but it remains a change kit for when there's a clash (with Livi and Hamilton away, barring cup heroics). I say we should play in red and yellow when we can, the team might play even better for all we know!

If nothing else. Firhill on a nice day is just a sea of red and yellow, and it just looks a bit odd to see them all cheering a team wearing navy and purple.

i quite like the Purple/Blue strip but doesn't it say something when we are talking about what tops we should or shouldn't be wearing it tells me that if this is a worry how well the team is doing on the park, so from that point of view who really cares as long as we keep this form going I'm happy.

i quite like the Purple/Blue strip but doesn't it say something when we are talking about what tops we should or shouldn't be wearing it tells me that if this is a worry how well the team is doing on the park, so from that point of view who really cares as long as we keep this form going I'm happy.

Agreed but we should be concerned that Puma appears unable to supply the club and Greaves with home strips. The club, in general, will sell more home strips than away strips so it and Greaves could be losing money. It would helpful if the club could tell us if there is a supply problem. Of course, there is the additional option of the 3rd strip that has not been used recently.

Agreed but we should be concerned that Puma appears unable to supply the club and Greaves with home strips. The club, in general, will sell more home strips than away strips so it and Greaves could be losing money. It would helpful if the club could tell us if there is a supply problem. Of course, there is the additional option of the 3rd strip that has not been used recently.

More than 90% of people who want the home top will have bought it last season. It might not be worth producing a new batch for the club shop, however it is pretty essential that we have a home top available (for the first team) some time soon.

Edited by twinny

More than 90% of people who want the home top will have bought it last season. It might not be worth producing a new batch for the club shop, however it is pretty essential that we have a home top available (for the first team) some time soon.

I can understand why Puma and Greaves, who appear have a lot of old stock, would not wish to invest in new stock. But can we afford not to have adult home strips in popular sizes available for sale for a whole season? If we attracting new fans to the club, they should be able to buy a home strip.

Would have thought we'd need the red and yellow for Starks Park next week. Doubt Rovers will be happy if they have to change their strip for a home game.

Livi wore their away strip last week, albeit through choice (unless, of course, they're in the same bizarre boat as us)!

We've worn away strips at home in the past too. Doubt it'll be a big deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Blue and purple are the colours we love.....

It really is high time that the club cleared the air over our change of colours. Have they been registered with the SFL ? Will fans views on the change be taken into account ? I would certainly be expressing support for going back to red and yellow and suspect that I'd be in the majority.

When macb (or the company that owned them) first went into administration, we were lucky enough to get new sponsors. The new sponsor's logo was just stuck over the top of the macb logo, I assume as an iron on transfer or something similar. Can't we just do this with the new macb logo, as I believe that the logo style is the only difference between last seasons home strip and this seasons?

When macb (or the company that owned them) first went into administration, we were lucky enough to get new sponsors. The new sponsor's logo was just stuck over the top of the macb logo, I assume as an iron on transfer or something similar. Can't we just do this with the new macb logo, as I believe that the logo style is the only difference between last seasons home strip and this seasons?

Except i don't think we have any of the red and yellow strips. The ones we had last year were signed and given away as part of the season sponsorship.