Cowdenbeath V Partick Thistle Ramsdens Cup

jaggybunnet

Worst draw we could have got.

In terms of a day out, yes. But, football-wise, I think it's the best of the away games we could have got. I wouldn't have fancied playing Queens at Palmerston on their current form and the combination of the unpredictable weather and some experienced players could have made Arbroath a recipe for disaster. Cowdenbeath isn't an easy game by any means, though.

I would have been very confident of beating all three at Firhill.

As fun as Queens would have been, us against them in the final was always going to be a good match, and there's a good chance of that. Between Arbroath and Cowdenbeath, Arbroath away is always a potential banana skin because of the weather (aka, it's one of the few places a match as season will probably be called off due to wind), though I would have felt confident facing them at home. As for Cowdenbeath, it's boring because we already play them four times this season and Central Park is a tip, but it's very winnable.

The S.F.L.@OFFICIAL_SFL

Ramsdens Cup Semi-Final Draw: Cowdenbeath v Partick Thistle and Queen of the South v Arbroath - ties to be played Sun 14th Oct

Just watched the STV report tonight. Celtic Champions League news. Rangers exit by QOS last night. Scottish Womans Football mentioned. Nothing about the semi final line up of Ramsdens Cup and when the ties to be played. I suppose no interest now the Gers are oot.

Trains from Queen St are half hourly to Edinburgh BUT trains to Cowdenbeath are 2hourly

Leave Queen St 1100, change Haymarket, dep Haymarket 1159 arr 1241, same again 2hrs later, although u can take any train thru to edinburgh

Coming back Leave Cowdenbeath 1726, change Edinburgh, Depart 1830, arrive Queen St 1922, again 2hrs later

Prices are GLQ-COW = £19.50 (up to 2 kids go free per adult)

Split Ticket are

GLQ-EDB = £12.10

EDB-COW = £6.90

50p cheaper than a thru ticket

again kids go free on both these tickets

Just ask on the train for the split tickets...also between Queen St and Edinburgh via falkirk high, bathgate, and shotts, and dunblane to edinburgh (and all intermediate stops) you get groupsave tickets 33% off groups of 3, 4, or 5.

Edited by thomas