Happy Anniversary

Jaggernaut

Dodgy musical soundtrack but some great memories. I was doing a bit of under age drinking in the Ingram Bar in Queen St pre match, with another jags supporter mate from school and three of our Celtic mates. Remember we split up at the ground and me and my jags mate had just got to the top of the steps and into the Jags end when Alex hit that howitzer.......the rest is legendary!!

Dodgy musical soundtrack but some great memories. I was doing a bit of under age drinking in the Ingram Bar in Queen St pre match, with another jags supporter mate from school and three of our Celtic mates. Remember we split up at the ground and me and my jags mate had just got to the top of the steps and into the Jags end when Alex hit that howitzer.......the rest is legendary!!

Great to see always. Anybody know who the Jags fan was who got huckled by the polis when he invaded the pitch at full time?

Also, are those team lists the ones given in the programme? The Thistle one has Charlie Smith at No. 4, and no John Gibson as No. 12.

I didn't own a watch back in those days, and there was no stadium clock, but there was a young Tim standing next to us who was the proud proprietor of a shiny timepiece. Well, the conversation(s) went something like this: "Sorry to bother you pal, but how long's left?" "Eh, aboot 17 minutes". "Aw thanks".

"How long's left noo?"...."Eh, aboot fifteen and a hauf minutes". "Awright, cheers."

"Sorry to ask you ask you again mate but ho.." "just less than fourteen minutes. Gonnae no keep asking me". "Aye ok, sorry aboot that."

"Listen, I'm no trying to be a pain in the arse, bu...".

"TWELVE FU**EN MINUTES, AWRIGHT!" "Aye, cheers".

Ad nauseum.

• Like 1

I didn't own a watch back in those days, and there was no stadium clock, but there was a young Tim standing next to us who was the proud proprietor of a shiny timepiece. Well, the conversation(s) went something like this: "Sorry to bother you pal, but how long's left?" "Eh, aboot 17 minutes". "Aw thanks".

"How long's left noo?"...."Eh, aboot fifteen and a hauf minutes". "Awright, cheers."

"Sorry to ask you ask you again mate but ho.." "just less than fourteen minutes. Gonnae no keep asking me". "Aye ok, sorry aboot that."

"Listen, I'm no trying to be a pain in the arse, bu...".

"TWELVE FU**EN MINUTES, AWRIGHT!" "Aye, cheers".

Ad nauseum.

Remarkable:

A tim that had a watch that worked, and who could tell the time, or at least make utterances that made it sound like he could.

Not sure the point you are trying to make.

The point i was making was that the squad has had a significant overhaul in two years.

I think both points were valid, though some other players involved two years ago are still important members of our team, we have a much better depth now so that with Archie and Doolan out or returning to full fitness we still have a strong team.

Kni's point is that with such a defensive team our defence was terrible, now we have a much more attacking team but are letting in fewer goals.

41 years ago today.......

4-1........

Those of us who were there will never, ever forget it.

:cheers:

It was the day after my thirteenth birthday, what a present!

I remember my dad driving us back to Firhill from Hampden and waiting for the team bus and trophy to come back, only for them to find the stadium locked.