Bannigan Out Injured

Jaggernaut

http://www.eveningti...05674n.19281505

He's been consistently good all season, but while hoping he gets back to full fitness as soon as possible, I'm more than happy that we have Sinclair ready to step in again.

Clearly taken from the "Injury update" on the OS. Except to make the story a wee bit more interesting they have said he will be out for several weeks while the club physio says .

“He’s now wearing a ‘moon’ boot which helps compress the soft tissue and is also on crutches. He’ll certainly not play against Cove Rangers but I wouldn’t like to put a timescale on his return but because he is made out of such strong stuff I’m sure he will be back just as quickly as he can.

So not several weeks , one game just now and no timescale to when he will be back. Lovely bit of creative journalism to enjoy. Must have been a quiet Tuesday.

Clearly taken from the "Injury update" on the OS. Except to make the story a wee bit more interesting they have said he will be out for several weeks while the club physio says .

“He’s now wearing a ‘moon’ boot which helps compress the soft tissue and is also on crutches. He’ll certainly not play against Cove Rangers but I wouldn’t like to put a timescale on his return but because he is made out of such strong stuff I’m sure he will be back just as quickly as he can.

So not several weeks , one game just now and no timescale to when he will be back. Lovely bit of creative journalism to enjoy. Must have been a quiet Tuesday.

You're right. The ET Jags journalist regularly rips off adapts what's written on the OS. Easy money.

Never mind the Stuart Bannigan stuff, the Sean Welsh quotes look very familiar.

Oh, look here they are:

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/october_2012/sean_welsh_-_we_werent_happy_with_a_point

A positive to take from this is for sinclair to get a start now, he has gone from team of the season last year to a substitute who sometimes doesnt get any game time, will be good to get his confidence up and add a bit more competitiveness to that position when bannigan recovers

If Sinclair gets his form back then I'd be tempted to keep him at left back and use Bannigan as the third midfielder alongside Welsh and Paton.

Bannigan's better defensively than Sinclair but I think Sincy's rampaging runs does bring another option in an attacking sense when Erskine and Lawless aren't at it. I'd rather have Bannigan and Sinclair playing than Bannigan and Forbes, but we'll see.

Altho' all in favour of us doing it the danger we run playing a settled side is that when forced to make a change the fella coming in will be off the pace. It's as likely as not Sinclair is a tad rusty rather than suffering from any sustained loss of form. Perhaps ironic but it was only thru Aaron being injured late last season that Bannigan could come in and show his worth, certainly in adaptability. Before that, most likely thru rustiness, he didn't get much of a chance to stake a claim in the first team.

I fully expect Sinclair to make it difficult for Stuart, when fit again, to win his place back at lwb. When ready I can see Bannigan playing more central midfield roles.

Altho' all in favour of us doing it the danger we run playing a settled side is that when forced to make a change the fella coming in will be off the pace. It's as likely as not Sinclair is a tad rusty rather than suffering from any sustained loss of form. Perhaps ironic but it was only thru Aaron being injured late last season that Bannigan could come in and show his worth, certainly in adaptability. Before that, most likely thru rustiness, he didn't get much of a chance to stake a claim in the first team.

I fully expect Sinclair to make it difficult for Stuart, when fit again, to win his place back at lwb. When ready I can see Bannigan playing more central midfield roles.

That seems to be the pattern just now. A fairly settled team until somebody gets injured or suspended, the replacement comes in and does well, so it's up to the original player to somehow force his way back in or else wait his turn for his replacement to get suspended or injured. For example, although Archie has been playing well, at the moment he's out of the team and there's no obvious reason to drop Conrad in order to bring him back in.