Trialist?

Firhillista

Aye, okay. Who do we really think it is?

My money's on a map reader or a skilled orienteer. Someone with a sense of direction that can get the team to this feckin' mysterious venue.

I can understand the logic of keeping the identity of a trialist close to your chest but I'm quite nonplussed as to why confirmation of, and directions to where Mystery Man will be doing his stuff is being kept so secret. :help:

My guess is that the trialist is Kevin Smith. See my thread on him being linked to Raith Rovers and us. He could be training with Rovers and St Andrews would be easy for him to get to.

I would be pleasantly surprised if thats the case, but I was under the impression he is currently a trialist down south with either Notts County or Nottingham Forrest?

I can exclusively reveal that McCall has called up Xavi for a trial. If he impresses McCall, the deal will involve a swap for Alan Archibald. Plus all heritable property in Maryhill.

I've also heard we had Xavi on trail, but we won't be signing him as McCall feels he is too lightweight for this division. Inverness are said to be interested.

Edited by Tom Stronach

It's Paul Emslie.

Emslie's been on trial at Shrewsbury Town. He was at Peterhead on loan last season and has been training with them. Cooper wants him back but the lad wants full-time football.

Edited by kni

According to wikipedia he's a Rangers player who has loan spells wi Clyde and Peterhead last season, 22year old and almost 6ft tall...maybe in the mould of Jamie Adams :unknw:

But we don't need another central midfielder as we have Rowson, Cairney, Hodge and McBeth. The priorities are a right winger and a left-back.

But we don't need another central midfielder as we have Rowson, Cairney, Hodge and McBeth. The priorities are a right winger and a left-back.

add McNamara to that list plus and at a push Bannigan. Even Lochhead can play centre mid. Maybe the guy's versatile :unsure: ?

Emslie played against us at Deadwood a couple of seasons ago. That was the 1-1 game where Chaplain scored and Pat Clarke equalised with a penalty. I've only vague memories of the game but I seem to recall Emslie had a very good game that day. Probably impressed McCall.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett