Jags Sign Goalkeeper

ayrshire jag

Pretty sure he was respected with Ross County and did well at Motherwell. There at the same time as Forbes I believe.

The only real reason I know the name is from his bombscare time at Hibs but hopefully that is in the past. He clearly has/had talent and I'm confident McNamara or more importantly our sports physchologist can get his confidence back. At 6''1 he has good height.

I've always thought he was a decent enough keeper. Hinchy has a record of getting the best out of keepers and I suspect Smith hasn't been brought in without his seal of approval. The more I think about it though, the more I think Scully will start on Friday with Smith on the bench. I have no idea how match fit Smith is and throwing him in would be risking injury. The confidence boost that Scully would get from that would be a bonus too.

ETA: I hope it wasn't Smith in goals for the 5-1 reserve pumping this afternoon. That certainly wouldn't augur well...

Edited by Armand2

He's obviously had a couple of bad games, which I think fans will focus on, but the fact that he's been in two Scotland squads as well as having a B cap will tell us more about his form over a greater period of time.

If he's fit I would play him on Friday.

Edited by Lord Rosebury

I seem to remember he was always goading and wynding up the away support at Fir Park and was one of the few goalies that I would have loved to smack about the coupon with a brick, and now were paying his wages. Loved it when he went to Hibs and fell apart. To$%^r. ..... and now he has my full backing and support, what a funny old game !!!!

There's only two Graeme Smiths :P

Our new one seems to lose a few goals at times. Five on his Brighton and Hove Albion debut and played in the 6-6 draw between Motherwell and Hibs. Seemed to let in three on his Azeri league debut as well.

Overall good experience and will look to get a start on Friday, if fit.

I knew Jackie wouldn't hang about.

Welcome to Firhill Graeme2 :)

Edited by jagfox

Was a good young keeper at Motherwell, and he should fit right into the squad as he knows Forbes, Lawless and Slane really well. As said above all players have off days and a few have been highlighted, but he is a lot more experienced than scully and in my opinion should be an ideal replacement for Fox.