Hamilton Academical V Partick Thistle.

jagfox

The joy of Saturdays Firhill experience has hardly faded and I find myself facing a Friday trip to the not-to-happy hunting ground of NDP.

I haven't seen us win there but this season will be our best chance to achieve a first win there in quite a few seasons. Our players will still be on a high as hopefully the travelling support will as well. A few of the away games have felt a bit flat before we have even kicked off. For every EEP, Livingston and Central Park party atmosphere there has been a Starks park, Cappielow and Falkirk muted away support.

Obviously we struggled to some degree in the last three. I'm not sure if there is an element of trepidation as our away form hasn't been good the last few seasons. However our style of play this season should lead to a vast improvement in away form. The great number of travelling Jags fans can only spur the players on during our travels this season. I think we can roar the lads on to victory on Friday with another great support. The away stand at Hamilton should be rocking once we all get in.

On the playing front the question over who will replace Foxy will be answered by the best man to do that, Jackie McNamara. I feel we may adapt a little from the line-up against the Pars. Although the starting formation may suit some of our away games against stuff opposition. O'Donnell may benefit in finding space if given a wide midfield role with a licence to roam inside.

Looming forward to it and three points are achievable with the Jaggy trinity of a great team, manager and support.

Forza Thistle :)

http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2012-2013/fixtures_results/1611_hamilton/preview

Sounds like Banners will be back in the squad this evening :)

Not great news about Welsh but we are well covered in midfield for now. Forbes seems to get better with each game. He's becoming a really vital player and has fitted in well. His goals and set piece deliveries have been a big improvement, imo.

I'll catch the score when I get in, I'm off to Prenton Park. Friday night watching Tranmere, like stepping back in time.

Didn´t get this one at first but Tranmere were playing almost all of their home games on a Friday night at the start of the 90´s to avoid clashing with the other two clubs in Merseyside.

I´ll go for a Thistle hard fought 1-0 win. Very interested in seeing how the team reacts to the rival´s tactics after reading Jackie´s words in last Saturday´s programme. The team´s play is really affected depending on how positive or negative those tactics are.

Edited by Spanish Jag