Rovers-Pars

Albert's Ghost

I felt this last week, despite the big win, Dunfermline would never fall too far behind because maybe save for Morton all the other teams are rotten and they'll win most of their games against the others.

Its putting more pressure on us in our home games anyway. They'll hump Dumbarton who are showing again to be well out of their depth.

Yep Raith always seem to give us a hard time when we play them - I would have thought they would have been even more determined against the Pars but thats twice this season they been thoroughly beaten by them.

Add in Morton defeat of Dumbarton and this has been a terrible weekend for the Jags.

Away form needs sorted, Smith either gets his act together or gets out the club and Craig can hopefully make amends for his stupid sending off a couple of weeks ago next weekend

• Like 1

Away form needs sorted, Smith either gets his act together or gets out the club and Craig can hopefully make amends for his stupid sending off a couple of weeks ago next weekend

Our away form is fine when you look at who we have played and who we are due to play away. See if we start to lose away from home to Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton and Airdrie then maybe we should panic.

Thought Raith would have done better but we are still top. Not too bad a weekend really.

• Like 1

Imo the next 4 games will give us a good idea of where we might be.3 at home and 1 away i would be looking for 10pts min if we are hoping to be challenging.

At first reading I thought you were wrong but having looked at Dunfermline's next few fixtures you may very well be right. In fact they have Dumbarton coming up and I can see them wiping out our goal advantage over them in that game.

I think this league will not be decided for a long while and if we and Dunfermline drop points I can see Morton getting back into it (though why they should bother seeing the state of their ground I don't know).

Outside of the Cowdenbeath game noted above, our next 4 fixtures (and I include the cup game in that list) see us playing the 4 teams below us , all at home. If, and it is a big if, we can make it to the Airdrie game on the 29th December still within 3 points of the top I think we can start beginning to look forward to the second half of the season.....

For myself, though, I cannae WAIT for the Livi game next Saturday....